GameFly July Sale with Free Shipping on Everything

Was Civ VI Switch a pricing error?  It sold out instantly and now has it for $45 for members

Edit:  I got it at Gamestop for less than $19 used with Elite Pro and cag16

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about kingdom hearts 3. Do you need to have played 1 and 2 to understand it? I loved the idea of but I never could get into them. Something about them and the controls/camera I never enjoyed the gameplay. I was hoping maybe an more modern version I'd enjoy playing more.

Thinking about kingdom hearts 3. Do you need to have played 1 and 2 to understand it? I loved the idea of but I never could get into them. Something about them and the controls/camera I never enjoyed the gameplay. I was hoping maybe an more modern version I'd enjoy playing more.
There's like 12 Kingdom Hearts games you need to play to understand 3 and even then you'll probably still be confused.

I believe this was selling for $19.99 recently new so I wouldn't do that. Also many people are coming into KH3 as their first. Probably better to play the previous games, but i'm sure you'll be OK enough.

GF sale prices seem much higher than what they used to do and most of the xb1 stuff is on game pass. Also, kingdom hearts 3 is a waste of time, So disappointed with that game! Great to look at but oh so boring! If you are starting with kh 3 don't even bother to try to follow the story lol

I believe this was selling for $19.99 recently new so I wouldn't do that. Also many people are coming into KH3 as their first. Probably better to play the previous games, but i'm sure you'll be OK enough.

Thanks. Think I'll wait till black Friday on this then. In the mean time maybe I'll give the ps4 versions one more try, if nothing else I can YouTube cut scenes and get a story breakdown online.

I swear they used to sell games at $6-$9.  Where are those game at now?  All of these are still a bit pricy for me.

Best thing to do as a new player is ignore the convoluted main story and treat the game as a series of short stories in Disney settings.

I swear they used to sell games at $6-$9. Where are those game at now? All of these are still a bit pricy for me.
I've noticed better days with PS3/360... but the game market was flooded with major titles then too, so games got cheap, quick. Let i used to pay 10$ for a title i wanted last gen..... Now most times it's closer to 15$.

I will say i think this month is pretty good. Anthem and Crackdown 3 are good deals. Haven't bought anything yet though.

Rise of tomb raider is 17.99 for keep it price. That mean it’s sold out for the 14.99 price?
Yeah, the PS4 version is sold out. Xbox One is still available for $12.99.

Remember when Gamefly sales were actually good?
Yep, used to have a ton of newer games under $10. Most of the games from this sale are a couple dollars less than what GS & Amazon are selling new copies for during their sale. So why not just pay a little more and get something in new condition?

One thing that has also annoyed me is their shipping. Over the years, it's gone downhill. Last few orders I've done with them were shipped through DHL Global Mail. Which somehow takes over 2 weeks to go from neighboring states. Even then, Gamefly won't give a tracking number so you know when it's coming.

Well the only thing I was considering was Neo Atlas 1469 and it is sold out.

I noticed there are a decent amount of LRG titles in the PS4 games so if you missed out on buying direct from LRG that is an option.

I gave up on ordering from GameFly after 9 out of 10 games came with chipped edges from them resurfacing or cleaning or whatever they are doing to them. I'd rather just wait for games to drop and buy them new, less risk that way. To each their own though.

I gave up on ordering from GameFly after 9 out of 10 games came with chipped edges from them resurfacing or cleaning or whatever they are doing to them. I'd rather just wait for games to drop and buy them new, less risk that way. To each their own though.
Ive had a few chipped but they still played just fine. Only ever had one game not work and after 1 email 2 days later they sent me a whole new one case, manual and all and didnt even ask for the old game back. They have great service.

But lets be real here, youre buying USED games. And not even like used where a guy bought a new game, played it and traded it. Dozens if not hundreds of people have played these games and they have been shipped back and fourth each time since gamefly is a rental service. Anyone buying a used games from them should have no illusions about it. Id actually be surprised if I got a game from them that looked new. You cant really expect to buy a game for a dirt cheap low price and think its going to be brand new.

These prices are a joke...does GF ever bother to look at other retailers' prices before launching their own sales?

Last time I ordered from them the disc wouldn't install and instead of shipping a replacement my only option was to return it. All I got out of it was a big waste of time. They think we're their dumpster.

These prices are a joke...does GF ever bother to look at other retailers' prices before launching their own sales?

The sale is lacking in variety of games but the prices are decent. I haven’t seen Just Cause 4, Tomb Raider, or Hitman 2 for those prices (especially with free shipping). I miss the days though when their sales included many more games including ones that were released pretty recently.

They don't have free shipping regardless? They actually charge shipping, for discs only?

No wonder I gave up on Gamefly 10+ years ago...

Ordered :ps4: Just Cause 4 for $13. Even with the negative reviews, at this price it should be good for messing around.

They don't have free shipping regardless? They actually charge shipping, for discs only?

No wonder I gave up on Gamefly 10+ years ago...
They don't just ship you a disc. You get the original game case as well.

With all the negative posts on the physical quality of the games every GF sale post I like to chime in with my opposite experiences.

I subbed for a bunch of years, enough to rent just under 100 games. Purchased at least 2 dozen games when the sales used to be great plus $5 reward certs every 3 months. Received only 1 broken rental disc and 1 other rental disc was lost for about a month (they sent a replacement when I notified them that I never received anything, then the original copy sent out showed up a couple weeks later). Every game I bought came with everything and was pretty much pristine. Highly, highly recommended them to everyone.

Its been 5(?) years since I stopped subbing however, due to my backlog feeling almost as big as their library...

They must have sold out. It was available when I posted
Luckily I’m a GameFly member so I added it to the top of my Q and they shipped it out this morning which allowed me to keep it for about $25 after my $5 GF coupon.

Thanks for the heads up [emoji106]

bread's done
Back