* * * - - 2 votes

PlayStation Classic DEALS THREAD (Currently $20 @ GameStop)

#271 Mysticales   Battle Mystic Mystaria CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Mysticales

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:16 PM

Hey everyone. Right NOW. Gamestop has the PSX Classic for 20$ New and 18$ Used.

Amazon is 30$

Do NOT trust the Gamestop website or app. Employee told me that due to a new inventory system. Its messed up. Showing things out of stock when it is in stock. So Call your Gamestop to check for it. If they dont have it. Ask about Web in store. Otherwise youd pay 10$ in shipping at gs.com.

Just got mine for 18$ at Gamestop. =D Now to mod this thing...

Someone should update the OP too...

#272 Dr0p   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:46 PM

did you really opt for used to save $2?

big concern would be they prolly jacked up the 2nd port or failed power mod.

#273 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:50 PM

This.

#274 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3030 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:02 AM

Do the used versions typically include the 2nd controller? A store near me had one in stock but I only saw 1 controller in the case.

#275 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:28 AM

Do the used versions typically include the 2nd controller? A store near me had one in stock but I only saw 1 controller in the case.

Because most of the people in this thread bought the system new, there's no way to know for sure what GameStop's official policy is on selling the PlayStation Classic used.  But I would say it's worth it to pay $20 instead of $18 to get the new system with the second controller that's supposed to be in the box with it.  

#276 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:43 PM

New BleemSync release, with folder support.

#277 JackSuper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   827 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

did you really opt for used to save $2?

I think we overestimate how much of the customer base for the PS Classic is actually trying to mod these things!

#278 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:56 AM

I think we overestimate how much of the customer base for the PS Classic is actually trying to mod these things!

Well, I would say that people probably figured out what the system's true value is once word got out that it could be easily modded.  And, in all honesty, I think that it's so simple that most adults of reasonable intelligence can figure it out.  Otherwise, it wouldn't have sold out so quickly at Target once it hit $19.99.  That said, it is easy to brown out the system with the wrong type of AC adapter or ruin it by trying to mod it incorrectly.  So I wouldn't buy a used PlayStation Classic for $18 myself when I could buy a brand new one for $20 since there's no real way to know if someone screwed it up when they unsuccessfully tried to mod it.  And you can't tell just by turning it on.  I mean, it's $2!

#279 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3030 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:22 AM

Because most of the people in this thread bought the system new, there's no way to know for sure what GameStop's official policy is on selling the PlayStation Classic used.  But I would say it's worth it to pay $20 instead of $18 to get the new system with the second controller that's supposed to be in the box with it.  

Thanks, I don't know what I was thinking. 

#280 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:42 AM

Thanks, I don't know what I was thinking. 

And hopefully, I didn't come off in a bad way with my explanation.  But there have been reports on the PlayStation Classic Reddit thread where people have ruined their PS Classics trying to mod them because they didn't follow those simple instructions.  And we all know how negligent GameStop employees can be when it comes to inspecting systems for trade-in.  Plus, you don't know who had it before you did.  So you get a brand-new system with two controllers fresh out of the box.  I'd probably buy a used one if it was only a few bucks though as a back-up.

#281 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4286 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:01 PM

Sold out at Best Buy online and in stores, Target is sold out at stores around me and available online, and Walmart has limited stock online and only a few stores around me that have any in stock. This might be selling out for good in the near future.

#282 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10727 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:53 AM

Sold out at Best Buy online and in stores, Target is sold out at stores around me and available online, and Walmart has limited stock online and only a few stores around me that have any in stock. This might be selling out for good in the near future.

Don't forget GameStop. According to the mobile app my GS were completely OOS the past few days. There seems to be a restock as of this week.

Also it doesn't take rocket science to mod this device. I recommend following madlittlepixel or Restalgia guides via YouTube. Just be patient with the process and don't unplug anything when your not supposed to yet.

#283 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

Don't forget GameStop. According to the mobile app my GS were completely OOS the past few days. There seems to be a restock as of this week.

Also it doesn't take rocket science to mod this device. I recommend following madlittlepixel or Restalgia guides via YouTube. Just be patient with the process and don't unplug anything when your not supposed to yet.

You forgot the third "don't" - don't send anymore PMs to josekortez about the PlayStation Classic!  =;

In other PlayStation Classic news, it was posted on Reddit earlier that the PlayStation Vita AC adapter will work with the PlayStation Classic.  However, I'm not sure what the results will be if you use that AC adapter in conjunction with a modded PlayStation Classic.  Perhaps not good because modding seems to increase the power output.

#284 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:38 AM

Did the $20 sales really clear out stock out of B&M Best Buy? There were gigantic piles of these every time I went before the final drop to $20. 

#285 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2702 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:16 PM

Yup. It seems $20 was everyone's buy price. My store moved through 80+ in under a week once it dropped that low. Of course some of those were to fulfill online order but still. :razz:

#286 Agent Zero  

Agent Zero

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:07 PM

Playstation Classic will be $25 at Dollar General on Thurday (tomorrow) from 7am - 10pm.

https://blackfriday..../dollar-general

#287 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

Playstation Classic will be $25 at Dollar General on Thurday (tomorrow) from 7am - 10pm.

https://blackfriday..../dollar-general

Was just going to post this.  The store next to my job had exactly two Classics on the shelf.  I don't know if they had more in the back.

#288 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

When you click on the link in the ad, though, it says PS controllers and nothing about the mini system.

#289 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:28 PM

When you click on the link in the ad, though, it says PS controllers and nothing about the mini system.

I can confirm that they sell the PlayStation Classic in store because I saw them there yesterday.  I have never seen a PlayStation controller at Dollar General.

#290 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:20 PM

The PlayStation Classic system is back on sale for $29.99 at Target this week.  Restock?

https://www.target.c...le/-/A-54140637

#291 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7563 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:40 PM

The PlayStation Classic system is back on sale for $29.99 at Target this week.  Restock?

At this time of year, just about anything could have happened, but no matter what the reason, this may be the last chance for a pretty good all in one emulation machine at a decent price. This thing while beyond over priced originally at $100, is now a very good buy, even at $30, as this has much more horsepower than the other mini/classic offerings.

#292 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

https://www.gamestop...c/10168643.html - $19.99 New at Gamestop. Order in store for free shipping if I am not mistaken.

#293 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:56 PM

https://www.gamestop...c/10168643.html - $19.99 New at Gamestop. Order in store for free shipping if I am not mistaken.

Even better!

#294 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:31 AM

I'm dredging up this thread to mention that GameStop is clearancing out the Yok PlayStation Classic wireless controllers for $2.97 each.

https://www.gamestop...ic&lang=default

While they aren't first-party, they work great for games that don't require an analog stick.  Just plug and play.  The range is also decent.

And if you're lucky, the Yok extension cables are a penny each.  I got two of those this evening after work when I bought two controllers.

#295 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:55 AM

I'm dredging up this thread to mention that GameStop is clearancing out the Yok PlayStation Classic wireless controllers for $2.97 each.

https://www.gamestop...ic&lang=default

While they aren't first-party, they work great for games that don't require an analog stick.  Just plug and play.  The range is also decent.

And if you're lucky, the Yok extension cables are a penny each.  I got two of those this evening after work when I bought two controllers.

Did you update your PSC to the current AutoBleem? It added wifi and bluetooth.

#296 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10727 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:04 AM

What you guys want is Project Eris. I've not updated my PSC in a while and just installed it a few weeks ago.

#297 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:33 AM

Did you update your PSC to the current AutoBleem? It added wifi and bluetooth.

What you guys want is Project Eris. I've not updated my PSC in a while and just installed it a few weeks ago.

To be honest, I haven't touched my PlayStation Classic in about two months.  But I figured that these Yok controllers are cheap and they probably won't last long at that price for those who are interested in owning them.  

#298 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23445 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:35 PM

Do these emulators run games better than the how the system originally ran them? I might mod my PS1 since I bought it but haven't really touched it. 

#299 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1823 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:40 PM

You can change the internal emulator to something more capable if you'd like, but I don't think Autobleem or Eris does this for you by default.

Man, it has been AGES since I used mine. Ages, I tell you!

#300 mywhitenoise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1233 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

mywhitenoise

Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:33 PM

Wish I had bought one of these for $20 last year.