PlayStation Classic DEALS THREAD (Currently $20 @ GameStop)

Thanks OP, in for one. Seems like it's worth it with mods available. I hope there are some arcade sticks compatible with this. Would be much more fun than the controller for some of the games we can add

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the TCL available locally, sold out on BB.com. That's such a ridiculous deal.

How worthwhile is PS to make whole?

It's $20 at Target as well. ( I know, no GCU, but if it's sells out...)
Do you know if Target will do price adjustments at customer service? I already own one, but I bought three of these in the past few weeks to give as gifts for casual gamers in my family at the price of $26.99 each in the past few weeks when the Cartwheel deal was on. I'd love to get my $21 back. Every little bit helps.

Do you know if Target will do price adjustments at customer service? I already own one, but I bought three of these in the past few weeks to give as gifts for casual gamers in my family at the price of $26.99 each in the past few weeks when the Cartwheel deal was on. I'd love to get my $21 back. Every little bit helps.
Here's how this will go:

You'll ask for adjustment, theyll say no. Then you'll say you'll just return all of these and then rebuy them for $20...from Best Buy. Either they stop being stupid and agree to adjust, or you place your BB order and start the Target return process.

An I reading correctly that the PS Classic doesn't come with a power cable? What does it take, USB to Micro USB? Info I'm seeing is a bit unclear.

I missed the Target cartwheel 35% off deal coupled with the 1 day sale where Best Buy had it for $24.99, which would have made it $16.25 via pricematch (same with when BB had it for $30 which would've made it $19.50 with PM + Cartwheel).  Might as well get a few now at $20 to lock in the price then wait and watch for anything lower in the future...given how this has tanked they truly must have a MASSIVE glut of these even now.

I picked one up at BB on 7/3 when it was $24.99, as I had a $5 reward.

Just chatted with a rep, and they credited me $5.44 since the pricedrop today.  

An I reading correctly that the PS Classic doesn't come with a power cable? What does it take, USB to Micro USB? Info I'm seeing is a bit unclear.
It comes with the USB cable for power, but you have to supply your own power brick. Most any cell phone bricks work, or there's several options on Amazon. (I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/ICV-USB-Wall-Charger-Lightweight/dp/B0119BUJDQ/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=icv+usb+charger&qid=1563197554&s=gateway&sr=8-3 )

I have a feeling $20 was the magic price for a lot of people, though I can see this going cheaper now.  Either way, picked one up from Target with 5% off Red Card discount.

Let's say I've never hacked/modded anything before. Is this pretty straightforward, or should I buy one of the pre-installed USBs I'm seeing on Amazon?
Depends on what you already have and what your time is worth. You'll need to get the ROMs you want to play yourself. If you already have all of them, you can just hack it yourself in a few mins. For me, it was worth it to pay $50 for someone else to do the work. The 128GB USB stick they gave me was a quality $20 one so I paid $30 to not spend all of my time downloading everything. That was worth it to me.

My store only had 3 left when I bought mine this morning. It will probably stay at $19.99 for a while and then drop to $14.99 as the last push out the door. All the Targets around me are out of stock and ship to store is the only option left.

Yeah, I think $20 was most people's sweet spot, so if we see any price drops below this, I doubt they will last long.

A part of me was debating getting it to mod at 20, but man the lack of Dualshock support just turns me off from it.

I have too many other ways to play PS1 games and other classic systems.   If I didn't have options, I'd probably have easily caved in at this price point.

bread's done
Back