PC Engine - Too Good To Be True?

Seems like. It's important to note that the PC Engine was pretty popular in Japan, and designed as a budget system. It's possible that you could find a PC Engine in a Japanese thrift store for that price. Not likely, but possible.

It's also worth noting that the seller is located in Japan, so you'll be waiting for the item to arrive, if it gets there at all. On the other hand, it's just ten dollars. Might be worth rolling the dice.

EDIT: Checked on eBay. The absolute best price I've been able to find for a PC Engine is fifty dollars working, and thirty-eight dollars broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like. It's important to note that the PC Engine was pretty popular in Japan, and designed as a budget system. It's possible that you could find a PC Engine in a Japanese thrift store for that price. Not likely, but possible.

It's also worth noting that the seller is located in Japan, so you'll be waiting for the item to arrive, if it gets there at all. On the other hand, it's just ten dollars. Might be worth rolling the dice.

EDIT: Checked on eBay. The absolute best price I've been able to find for a PC Engine is fifty dollars working, and thirty-eight dollars broken.
Exactly my thoughts, it almost sounded like a shipping scam (eBay does it often, low price, high shipping) if you read the desc, but.. shipping is free.

Thank you for interesting in our product!! This item is very good condition. We will ship the item is safely packed carefully from Japan. The delivery time is about 4-10 days by Expedited Shipping(EMS). This EMS is insured and tracking number is included. So I recommend you to order by EMS. If you choose Standard Shipping (SAL), the item to be delivered about 15-30 days. «

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back