Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 $49.99 in store at Walmart (YMMV)

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Like many new releases lately, Walmart is selling Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for a few bucks off at $49.99, effectively matching the Amazon prime member price (or more likely that's what Amazon is matching). This is in store only.

Adding YMMV because Walmart but should be pretty universal.

Recommend checking stock before heading out though, doesn't seem like most stores got more than 4-5 copies: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=338329072

This game screams last Gen.....I would pay $19.99 tops......I'll give it a few months to be that price anyways.

Decided to just use a NSO voucher on mine. Same price as this, plus I got it digitally. Could have went the GCU route, but I’m kinda over physical copies at this point in my life, besides special editions and the like. Plus, it’s a Marvel game. Won’t this get delisted in the future? The two previous games were last year.

Yeah I feel we gotta have some discussion about what Walmart is doing here... I noticed this peculiar discount by following a trail.

I pre-ordered Gears 5 at Amazon without really looking at the price, because I wanted to get into that Gears Tech Test.  Anyway, today I looked over my order and saw that it was $49.99.  That's pretty crazy, so I checked Best Buy since I still have GCU.  Unfortunately, BB is still selling it at $59.99, although they do have a $10 Reward for it.

I wondered why Amazon was selling it for that low, then I remember that Amazon is always matching Walmart's prices.  It's $49.94 on Walmart right now, online (and I assume in-store as well).  I never really considered Walmart, but I'm glad to see they're trying to make waves now.  16.67% off -- not nearly as good as GCU, but no membership fee required.

If only they had midnight pickups (most Wallys are open 24/7 anyway), they would beat out Amazon for sure.

Totally worth every penny. This game has been a ton of fun so far and I highly recommend it. It's a best em up but the characters and story is engaging and the gameplay is solid. Great get for the Switch being an exclusive.

This game screams last Gen.....I would pay $19.99 tops......I'll give it a few months to be that price anyways.
It's published by Nintendo and it is already selling beyond expectations. I'd be surprised if it's $40 in a few months, let alone $20.

I'll always prefer physical games once the cost gets over $10. The ability to re-sell the game once played is worth it to me.

Hate to break it to you, since you seem personally vested in this, but 2/3 Walmarts in my area were sold out of the game so clearly it's doing OK at this price point.

Yeah I feel we gotta have some discussion about what Walmart is doing here... I noticed this peculiar discount by following a trail.

I pre-ordered Gears 5 at Amazon without really looking at the price, because I wanted to get into that Gears Tech Test. Anyway, today I looked over my order and saw that it was $49.99. That's pretty crazy, so I checked Best Buy since I still have GCU. Unfortunately, BB is still selling it at $59.99, although they do have a $10 Reward for it.

I wondered why Amazon was selling it for that low, then I remember that Amazon is always matching Walmart's prices. It's $49.94 on Walmart right now, online (and I assume in-store as well). I never really considered Walmart, but I'm glad to see they're trying to make waves now. 16.67% off -- not nearly as good as GCU, but no membership fee required.

If only they had midnight pickups (most Wallys are open 24/7 anyway), they would beat out Amazon for sure.
Yeah, I haven't purchase new games (as in during release week) at Walmart in decades. Now, my experience this weekend reminded me partially why; went to the store, was clear the electronics section wasn't well organized and there was no sign of the game on the shelf (meaning no game nor a space where it was supposed to be). So I politely asked if they'd mind just double checking it simply hadn't been put out yet. The woman refused to look it up in the system and even went so far as to claim they don't sell new games to avoid it. When I asked why they were advertising it at the front door she said, "They always advertise stuff they don't have." At that point I just gave up and decided I'd hit the Walmart closer to home.

That said, I appreciate the extra $10 drop on newer games for when I decide to just give into temptation and pick up something release week. Especially for Switch games and their notoriously sticky prices for physical.

FYI, almost ALL new games hit 49.99 at Walmart pretty much immediately after release now...it's just usually not advertised.  BB has come to hate me because I PM them there so much so I can use/get reward points.

FYI, almost ALL new games hit 49.99 at Walmart pretty much immediately after release now...it's just usually not advertised. BB has come to hate me because I PM them there so much so I can use/get reward points.
Yeah I just realized that I have a Walmart very close to the Best Buy.

It's basically a replacement for GCU. Stupid Best Buy got rid of their paid program, ... but forgot that they have to honor their price match policy. Which puts them back where they were before (as long as Walmart prices hold).

Competition is good ... LONG LIVE PHYSICAL

bread's done
Back