* * * * * 2 votes

Nintendo PSA - FREE nintendo replacement OEM JOYCONS if you DRIFT

#61 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

I put it in and we sent a fix order for only the left one. But I feel like when separate it’s also the right one. Am I crazy?

Either it drifts, or it doesn't. 

However, when they start to first wear out, you end up getting mixed inputs....but inconsistently.  As an example, I was playing Diablo 3 and trying to move left...but it occasionally (<1%) would register as being up.  Another way to test early drift would be to find a game where you can move in one direction for a long time (e.g. minecraft, as an example), and hold the joystick in that direction.  Most of the time, the correct input would register...but a small amount of time, a different input will register and you will shift a bit to the right/left. 

Regardless of how it first manifests, the issue invariably increased in probability over time, to the point where you can no longer reliably predict that your analog input will register as intended.

#62 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:01 AM

Glad I got a pro controller.

I've sent in 2 different Switches for L Joy-Cons.
One broke off in the glide, the casing came off. Now this one has to go back. The R d-pad button goes left constantly.
The other Switch had the Top d-pad button go perpetually up. Then the analog stick started to drift before sending it in.

This IS Nintendo's "Red Ring".
I wonder if the "new" Switch (all red box) has this fixed or is this just the 360 Elite?

#63 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:48 AM

I sent mine over 2 weeks ago. Haven't received them back. Randomly got an email last night with another shipping label and repair order

#64 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1890 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:29 PM

I sent mine over 2 weeks ago. Haven't received them back. Randomly got an email last night with another shipping label and repair order

I sent mine about a week and a half back, it still shows waiting for arrival even though UPS says it was delivered last Thursday.  I'm pretty sure they are backed up on these quite a bit.  They do say it may take a few days to move from "Due In" to "Received".  They probably keep them in the boxes until they are ready to fix them to keep things together.  I'll give it until early next week before checking with them if nothing moves.

#65 pjmomo   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:24 PM

i sent both left and right joycons because both had drifting issues from my niece abusing them and dipping them in soda. 

recently received a box with two new joycons and a note saying parts were either fixed or replaced.

#66 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:22 PM

I sent mine about a week and a half back, it still shows waiting for arrival even though UPS says it was delivered last Thursday.  I'm pretty sure they are backed up on these quite a bit.  They do say it may take a few days to move from "Due In" to "Received".  They probably keep them in the boxes until they are ready to fix them to keep things together.  I'll give it until early next week before checking with them if nothing moves.

I just got confirmation that they were received and that they should complete the repair within a week and a half

#67 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14101 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:42 PM

I packed my (smash edition) Joy-Cons up today and gave them to UPS. I made sure to write on the form and on the slip in the box that I want Smash editions back. I sure hope they can read and follow the request, or I’ll be extremely pissed.

#68 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:15 PM

Can I still be part of the class action suit if I have Nintendo fix the issue?....I want to make sure I'm not giving up my rights to do so...those bastards deserve to still be suit for ignoring the remote issues for so long until someone actually decided to take legal action.

Nintendo's greed went too far, and hopefully people can get both the repair and be part of the class action suit.

#69 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6490 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:21 PM

Can I still be part of the class action suit if I have Nintendo fix the issue?....I want to make sure I'm not giving up my rights to do so...those bastards deserve to still be suit for ignoring the remote issues for so long until someone actually decided to take legal action.

Nintendo's greed went too far, and hopefully people can get both the repair and be part of the class action suit.

There won’t be a suit if they are taking action to fix it.

#70 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:28 PM

There won’t be a suit if they are taking action to fix it.

Oh trust me the lawsuit is already filed and moving forward...here is the link if you want to be part of the lawsuit...which everyone should

https://chimicles.co...rifting-issues/

#71 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4766 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:25 PM

Didn't get a chance to update, received my replacements in the mail the other day. Not sure if they are new or my old ones but these replacements feel great and no issues so far. Process for the exchange was quick and easy once submitted.