* * * * * 2 votes

Nintendo PSA - FREE nintendo replacement OEM JOYCONS if you DRIFT

#91 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7627 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:46 AM

Not really, they did name them Joy-Con after all. 

LOL, good one!

Yeah, after the Lite released I was of a wait and see attitude on these things, as no way I'm sending in a unit on a regular basis, even if it is a "free" fix. As I was planning to get one at launch, and once seeing the Lite had similar issues to the OG, I decided to hold off. I have since seen videos of how they can be replaced the analog stick on your own, and I'm cool with that, as I have good experience with doing such things. 

It's a sad state of affairs when a company like "N" seems to just treat something like this as an "OK" thing, as I've heard EU doesn't even get these repaired for free. Which seems like they have a good argument for a class action style situation, as there's proof from other regions the problem exist, although I'm not sure if the EU has laws that could address that.

A con for sure seems the best term for these things, in the same way Vita(life) was the perfect name for  that system, as both terms accurately describe the devices in question.

#92 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:47 AM

When you guys sent in the left joycon for "left joycon drift" did you send in both sides or just the left side?  The instructions I received by email weren't explicitly clear.  Thanks. 

#93 Mendoza357   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Mendoza357

Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:46 AM

I sent in my mint pair experiencing drift and was sent a pair in horrible condition! Deep scratches front and back. Part of a button was missing, it was chipped.

#94 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:22 PM

I've heard that the Pokemon version of the Lite has fixed JoyCon parts, but not the first three that were released. Not sure if that's actually true. But, if you want a Lite, that should probably be the version that you buy.

#95 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:05 PM

Hello. I have joy-con controllers from a system purchased 2 years ago. The system was rarely used. I dont notice any drifting issues with the joy sticks. But i do notice a delay when pressing the buttons on right side controller.

Is this a controller that Nintendo will replace?

#96 Mighty Beck  

Mighty Beck

Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:52 PM

I sent in my mint pair experiencing drift and was sent a pair in horrible condition! Deep scratches front and back. Part of a button was missing, it was chipped.

This is my fear that has stopped me from sending mine in yet.

#97 Redd214  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:31 AM

I've sent in 2 pairs and both times the ones I received back were in much better condition than what I sent. Guess may just come down to luck