Raise.com Buy Video Game Currency at a Discount. New users get $10 off $40+ purchase.

Daisydog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
126 (100%)
[12/20/23 edit] I know this thread hasn't seen much action for a while. It's because Raise doesn't put out nearly as many coupon codes as it once did. Most of the time they aren't worth mentioning. But the information in this post is still valid, and helpful, so I'll leave it as is. I'm still around to update the post so feel free to mention any coupons you find, or questions you may have.

Promo codes for existing customers:
[none]

New Customers: If you have never purchased from Raise before please read this first:
New customers should always use the code 10RAISE40AF to get $10 off your first purchase of $40+
This code is only valid on your first purchase from raise.com or the app. This code trumps any other offer so use it first before any other promo codes.

Also:
New customers may sign up through a referral link to get $5 in raise cash. Use your raise cash to get $5 off a future purchase. This is optional but can only be done upon your initial sign up.

Raise will occasionally send out free $5 promo credits to inactive accounts. These credits have a short expiration date so check this thread often.

-
Raise promo codes come out pretty frequently, especially on holidays. The promo codes will typically offer you an extra 3% to 7% off.
Your savings will vary depending on the sale and your gift card's starting discount.

Direct links to gift cards
:
Nintendo Eshop
Playstation Network
Xbox

About:

Raise.com is a popular online gift card reseller where you can buy discount gift cards of all types, even video game currency. Unless noted, the gift cards are Digital Delivery and will show up in your account once your order is complete. If you are a new user, this may take a few hours.

1st Time Purchasing? Sign up through a referral link for $5 off:
Raise.com offers a generous referral program. Sign up for Raise using a referral link and both you and the person who referred you will get $5 in Raise Cash. Raise Cash can be combined with promo codes for even more savings. There is no need to ask for a referral, just check the Referral Central part of the forum to find numerous people posting their referral links.

Do not clutter this thread with referral links. There is a specific part of the forum called Referral Central for referral links so please post them there.

Raise offers a 1 year money back guarantee.
If there is a problem with your gift card you can email or call them at (888) 578-8422
Monday - Friday: 8am - 7pm CT or Saturday: 9am - 5pm CT

Most people will not have any problems with their purchases, but Raise is a gift card reseller, so people sell them gift card codes and they resell them to you. If that person was trying to scam Raise they could redeem the code themselves, or continue selling it on to other sites leaving the customer with a bad code. It's the nature of such a business, but Raise does have checks in place to minimize this type of activity. They also have a 1 year money back guarantee. If you get a bad code they will refund you in full. You can take steps to safeguard yourself by using your gift card as soon as possible, or adding the code to your video game wallet where it will be safely stored until you are ready to use it.

Tips:
1. The most common issue with ordering is needing to be verified. Raise has very strict security checks and your order may be flagged if there are any discrepancies between your payment and registration info. This most often affects new users and you will need to call them to sort it out.
Raise customer service number is (888) 578-8422. If you call during business hours and it tells you the phones are down, it just means they are busy. Try calling again in a few minutes.
CAGs have reported the phone reps are usually pretty nice and helpful, but getting connected can be slow.

2. Using the app will allow you to pay with Paypal and will even reserve the card in your cart for 10 minutes. This is extremely helpful during popular sales. On the app, the enter promo code section is a little easy to miss, it's right under the word Subtotal in the shopping cart.
The promo code must be applied in the shopping cart. There is no review/confirm page after you've clicked buy!

3. Reserving gift cards is now a feature on the desktop version of the website too. After you add a gift card to your cart it will be held for 10 minutes preventing the gift card from being sold while you're checking out.

4. During sales the popular gift cards like eshop will go in and out of stock all day, so keep refreshing and checking back to get the denomination you're looking for.

Expired promo codes:
SEMISALE3 - Extra 3% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 6/28
HONOR - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 5/26
APRIL3 - Extra 3% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 4/29
LUCKY - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 3/11
EXTRA4 - Extra 4% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 2/4
JAN3 - Extra 3% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 1/21
SANTA - Extra 6% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 12/17
JOLLY - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 12/16
CHEER - Extra 4% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 12/15
MERRY - $10 off $75 worth of select tech brands. One use per household. Expires 12/8/21
CYBER - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/30
BLACKFRIDAY - Up to 5% off select gift cards (eshop is 3% off). One use per household. Expires 11/26
PRESALE - Extra 7% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/19

HEADSTART - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/12
HURRY5 - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/7
CRAZY4 - Extra 4% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/6
CLICK3 - Extra 3% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/5
BOO - $5 off a $50 purchase. 1 use per household. Expires 10/29
OCTBF7 - Extra 7% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 10/22
FAVORITE - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 10/15

FLASH - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 10/8
EVERYTHING - $10 off a $90+ purchase. 1 use per household. Expires 9/29/21
BEST - Extra 6% off everything. One use per household. Maximum savings $20. Expires 9/19
AUGUST5 - Extra 5% off everything. One use per household. Maximum savings $20. Expires 8/27
BFJULY - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 7/23
SEMISALE5 - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 6/18
SEMISALE4 - Extra 4% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 6/17
SEMISALE3 - Extra 3% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 6/16

DAD4 - Extra 4% off eShop. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 6/4
HONOR - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 5/28
SEVEN - Extra 7% off select gift cards. (includes eShop and Gamestop) Max savings $20. Expires 5/14/21
TAX4 - Extra 4% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 4/18/21
DUNK - Extra 5% off Tech (PSN & Eshop). $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 3/23/21
EIGHT -Extra 8% off eshop, Gamestop, & other select giftcards. Max savings $15. 1 use per household. Expires 2/7
WEEKEND -Extra 5% off Eshop, Gamestop, & other select gift cards. Max savings $15. 1 use per household. Expires 1/31
SANTA - Extra 3% off everything. One use per household. Maximum savings $20. Expires 12/19/20.
MERRY - Extra 5% off tech (Eshop, PSN, Xbox). One use per household. Maximum savings $20. Expires 12/9/20.
CYBER - Extra 5% off everything. One use per household. Maximum savings $20. Expires 11/30/20.
BLACKFRIDAY - 3% off eshop and xbox. Other select gift cards save up to 5%. Check Raise for the full list. 1 use per household. Expires 11/27/20.
PRESALE - Extra 6% off everything (Eshop, PSN, Xbox) One use per household. Expires 11/13/20
PRESSPLAY - Extra 5% off tech and entertainment (eshop, PSN, Xbox). One use per household. Expires 10/19/20
TECHIE - Extra 5% off tech (Eshop, PSN, Xbox) One use per household. Expires 9/27/20
LABORDAY - 5% off select brands including eshop. One use per household. Expires 9/7/20
GEEK - Extra 5% off tech (eshop/psn/xbox). Limit 1 use per household. Max savings $20. Expires 8/7/20
BFJULY - Extra 3% off everything. 1 use per household. Expires 7/17/20
PLAYTIME - Extra 5% off tech and entertainment. One use per household. Max savings $20. Expires 7/3/20
CONNECT - Extra 5% off tech (Eshop & PSN). One use per household. Expires 6/16/20
DAD - Extra 3% off. Max savings $20. Limit 1 use per household. Expires 6/5
STOCKUP - Extra 5% off essentials (Eshop, Xbox, PSN). Max savings $20. Limit 1 use per household. Expires 4/16/20.
APRIL - Extra 5% off home entertainment (Eshop, Xbox, PSN). Max savings $20. Limit 1 use per household. Expires 4/14/20.
APP7 - Extra 7% off everything if using the app. Targeted. Only for specific customers. Expires 4/10/20

DUNK - Extra 5% off Tech (PSN, Xbox, Eshop). $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 3/17/20
SEVEN - Extra 7% off select brands including Eshop, PSN, and Xbox. Limit 1 per household. Max savings $15. Expires 4/7
PAY7 - 7% off when using the app. Select customers only. Expires 1/27/20
7APP - (Select customers only) Extra 7% off everything. Must purchase through the app. 1 use per household. Expires 12/30/19
JOLLY - 4% off everything. One use per household. Expires 12/21/19
SANTA - 3% off everything. One use per household. Expires 12/20/19
WISHLIST - Extra 5% off Tech & Toys (eshop/psn/xbox/gamestop). Max Savings $15. 1 Use per household. Expires 12/11
CYBER - Extra 5% off everything. $15 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 12/02/19
BLACKFRIDAY - Extra 3% off eshop and xbox gift cards. Up to 5% off other gift cards listed here. Expires 11/29/19
PRESALE - Extra 6% off everything. Expires 11/22. One use per household. $20 maximum savings.
FIVEMORENAGWFV - $5 off $75+ purchase
FLAG - 4% Off Everything. 1 use per household. Expires 11/10
Select accounts are receiving a free $5 Raise Cash promo credit. Credit expires on 10/31 at 11:59 PM CST.
DISCOVER - Extra 4% off everything. One Use per household. Expires 10/14
EVERYTHING - $10 off $125+ One use per household. Expires 9/30/19
EVERYTHING - $10 off $125+ One use per household. Expires 9/27/19
HURRY - 5% off everything. One use per household. Expires 9/21
CRAZY - 4% off everything. One use per household. Expires 9/20
CLICK - 3% off everything. Expires 9/19. One use per household.
Groupon is offering $30 off with the purchase of a Groupon voucher. See my most recent post in this thread for information about the Groupon offer. Sold out 9/19/19

FALL7 - Extra 7% off. Maximum savings $20. Expired September 13th. One time use.
40RAISEAF - $10 off $40+ orders. Expired
BESTDEAL - 9/6 only. Extra savings on clearance gift cards (7% Eshop. 5% Gamestop)
LDW5 - Extra 5% off everything. $10 maximum savings. Expired 09/02/19
SLICKSEVEN - 7% off Nintendo, Xbox, Fanatics, Playstation and Dominos. Expired 8/29
SUNNY7 - 7% off any digital gift card. Max savings of $15. 1 Use per household. Expired 8/23
MIDSUMMER - 7% off all orders. Maximum savings $15. Expired July 26th at 11:59 PM CST
THREEOFFGMYR7Q - 3% off. This code has reached its redemption limits.
FLASH- August 16th only. 1x use code. Extra 5-10% off clearance gift cards (7% extra off Eshop. 5% extra off Gamestop)

Last edited:
Use this thread for questions, discussion, and for posting new promo codes.
Do not clutter this thread with referral links. There is a specific part of the forum called Referral Central for referral links so please post them there. Or put them in your signature.

I will keep the main post updated with current promo codes, and keep it all pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone questioning if Raise is legit, I have bought about $300 in PSN from them within the last couple months.  I have had only 1 issue with one card not working, and they issued me a refund.  Overall pretty good experience.

Another trick (what I did) if you want more than $25.  I did two orders:

First order - (2) $25 cards and the discount code 40RAISEAF for $10 off, so $50 for $33.12

Second order - (1) $25 card, use discount code MIDSUMMER and the $5 credit you get for being a new customer, so $25 for $15.05

The short of this is I got $75 for $48.17

Site scared me a bit because they took around 8 hours to send me me codes.  I'd also recommend using the codes immediately so you don't worry about the seller using it after they get their $ and then have to mess with support.

Just an FYI but some of the promo codes don’t let you combine them with your raise cash. I had $5 from signing up through daisydog’s referral link and I used the 40RAISEAF code and it wouldn’t let me check out. But I’m still happy, I got $100 Eshop currency for $82.

Just an FYI but some of the promo codes don’t let you combine them with your raise cash. I had $5 from signing up through daisydog’s referral link and I used the 40RAISEAF code and it wouldn’t let me check out. But I’m still happy, I got $100 Eshop currency for $82.
Nice :) and thanks for the info.

I guess the New Customers Only codes are excluded from raise cash despite the Help section saying otherwise:

Can I combine Raise Cash with a promotional code?
Yes, promo codes and Raise Cash can be used on the same order to purchase discounted cards on the Raise Marketplace.
At least you still have the $5 to use on a future order.

Site scared me a bit because they took around 8 hours to send me me codes. I'd also recommend using the codes immediately so you don't worry about the seller using it after they get their $ and then have to mess with support.
This sounds g2a as hell. I've never heard of this place before this thread here. Is this legit because it sure smells like it's ran by a stakeholder.

This sounds g2a as hell. I've never heard of this place before this thread here. Is this legit because it sure smells like it's ran by a stakeholder.
I don't know what g2a is but Raise.com has been around for 6 years. A lot of people here have bought from them without any issue.

Just bought 2 cards. The codes showed up in my account immediately. Good deal.

Also just received a text from my credit card company. Transaction got flagged.

I've used them for 2+ years now and no issues. They actually don't allow the general public to sell some brands, PSN and Xbox being two of them. I assume its to avoid the G2A type shit.

anyone receive the $10 promo code from making a second purchase? Received an email yesterday stating if I made a second purchase within 72 hours then I would receive the code. 

Appreciate the thread, was able to grab 2x $50 eshop codes with instant delivery. Its too bad the midsummer code expired yesterday, would have saved an extra $5. Still ended up getting $100 in eshop for $77. Gonna grab the vouchers and pick up Mario Maker and MUA. 

Meanwhile I’ve been waiting over 12hrs for my codes to be sent. They do say allow 24hrs, but yikes. Maybe don’t use this site if you need credit before an Eshop sale ends. I used PayPal so I assumed it would speed up the process. But you know what assuming does.

Meanwhile I’ve been waiting over 12hrs for my codes to be sent. They do say allow 24hrs, but yikes. Maybe don’t use this site if you need credit before an Eshop sale ends. I used PayPal so I assumed it would speed up the process. But you know what assuming does.
Aww, sorry you're still waiting. Do the Order Details say anything about needing to verify your payment, phone #, or email?

Aww, sorry you're still waiting. Do the Order Details say anything about needing to verify your payment, phone #, or email?
No, just said the payment is processing. I placed an order around 6pm eastern yesterday so if I don’t get the codes in 4hrs I have to email them. I did have an issue signing up yesterday because my phone autocorrected my last name when I clicked submit. So I had to call customer service to fix it. They were very nice and helpful. But I didn’t add any payment info until after they fixed the problem. So hopefully that has nothing to do with it.

Just to let you know my experience which might help people.  I joined yesterday and used a referral code from someone.  I got my $5 bonus instantly.  I then bought an Xbox $50 card for $44.40 from the site using the code 40RAISEAF ($10 off $40) which made the total $34.40.  I wasn't able the use Raise cash with the code.  The order was cancelled minutes later so I called them.  They answered in a few minutes and nicely explained there have been fraud issues on these types of cards.  They specifically asked me if I was asked to buy them for someone.  I explained no and they verified my account.  They told me to place the order again and the original charge would just fall off.  I used Paypal on the app since you can't on the website yet.

I asked about the promo code since I was now not a new customer.  They looked into it and said theycouldn't let me use the promo code again, but once I placed the new order, they would add the $10 promo amount to my Raise cash.  So I did, and less than 5 minutes later I had the $10 in my Raise cash and an email explaining everything.

I then used the $15 Raise cash to buy another $50 Xbox card for $44.40 which was emailed to me 20 minutes later without a problem.  I would say how they handled this was good, but I did mention they should have just froze the order until I was verified instead of canceling it which would have avoided the promo code issue.

I was hesitant at first too but they are definitely not a scam.

Yeah thanks very much, i got one eshop card for 36 an another for slightly more, $75 for 100 in eshop isnt bad at all. Especialyl when Nintendo sale week hits! Whooo I’m gonna be good this time! THanKs OP

So I bought two $25 PlayStation cards over the weekend and one worked while the other gave me an error code saying it would put me over the limit. I only had $10 in my account at the time. Any idea what that could be about?

So I bought two $25 PlayStation cards over the weekend and one worked while the other gave me an error code saying it would put me over the limit. I only had $10 in my account at the time. Any idea what that could be about?
I had that happen before also. I just made a purchase with the first, and then the second worked. I think the limit is $200. Of course, if you need the extra $25 for your total, you will probably have to call them, and wait on their 6 hour long support line...

I had that happen before also. I just made a purchase with the first, and then the second worked. I think the limit is $200. Of course, if you need the extra $25 for your total, you will probably have to call them, and wait on their 6 hour long support line...
You’re right that the limit is $200, but my account total is only $35 since I added the first card. I was just adding the money to bank.

You can get 7% off of gamestop today only. Usually only 2%. THREEOFFGMYR7Q for additional 3% off (may have hit limit, but got another email last evening that the extra 3% was back)

Get up to 7% off discounted GameStop gift cards. Not valid on cash back gift cards. No promo code necessary. Pricing expires 8/8/19 11:59 PM CST or while supplies last. This offer is subject to Raise Cash Terms.

Today only get an extra 7% off eshop cards with code FLASH

Code can only be used one time per person. These sell out fast so go through the app to reserve your gift cards and give yourself more time to checkout.

$20 eshop codes are currently at 6%. The code would then make them 13% off, so $17.40

$35 eshop codes are currently at 7%. The code would then make them 14% off, so $30.10

$50 eshop codes are currently at 8%. The code would then make them 15% off, so $42.50

Also,

40RAISEAF - $10 off $40+ orders (new customers only) still appears to be working, so if you're a new customer that code may work out better for you. Or place two orders to use both codes.

New code: SUNNY7

7% off any digital gift card. Max savings of $15. 1 Use per household. Expires 8/23

1st time users who plan to purchase over $40 worth of gift cards should use code 40RAISEAF first for maximum savings.

40RAISEAF - $10 off $40+ orders

This site is quite annoying. Why the "earned" $10 off $100 doesn't work with this new SUNNY7 code is beyond my ability to process the world. 

This site is quite annoying. Why the "earned" $10 off $100 doesn't work with this new SUNNY7 code is beyond my ability to process the world.
Wait until you have to try to contact customer service... one issue they wouldn’t fix offset almost all of my lifetime savings using the site. It was a nightmare trying to get through to them just to reach a dead end.

Wait until you have to try to contact customer service... one issue they wouldn’t fix offset almost all of my lifetime savings using the site. It was a nightmare trying to get through to them just to reach a dead end.
when i signed up a long time ago i (as always) put in my home phone # that is only connected to an answering machine. Zero spam/sales calls on my cell phone ;)

So download the app... they require a TEXT message to "verify" the phone that has been on the account forever. Have to call CS to get them to change the phone number to send a text message to be able to log in the app... and then call CS again to REMOVE the cell number.

yeah, i'll stick to logging into the website once every 6-8+ months to buy 1 discounted gift card.

Did you chargeback after they were no help? I've used raise for a long time and never had an issue but one bad purchase could erase all my savings too.

I had a couple issues with invalid cards, and here is the trick to get your money back fast and easy.  Snap a photo of the error, then call them.  When you talk to a rep, say my card is invalid, and I have a screenshot of the error, and I want a refund.  They will ask for the photos there via an email they send you and you can immediately send them those photos.  They will then process the refund right there.  Takes about 24 hours to get it.

I've never had any issues getting refunds, but I will admit each purchase is a risk lol

Just got an email from Raise letting me know they put $5 into my account since I hadn't made a purchase in awhile, so everyone should check their email/account balance if you haven't bought anything in a while. Got $20 eShop code for $13.80

Just got an email from Raise letting me know they put $5 into my account since I hadn't made a purchase in awhile, so everyone should check their email/account balance if you haven't bought anything in a while. Got $20 eShop code for $13.80
Got the same email, and picked up the same amount of credit for the same price. Not bad.

Stay away from Raise.  Sold me 2 invalid PSN codes and they won't reply to any e-mails sent to customer service.

Stay away from Raise. Sold me 2 invalid PSN codes and they won't reply to any e-mails sent to customer service.
Sorry to hear that.
Did you at least get the automated, "We've received your inquiry" email? Maybe they are looking into it and it's just taking a while. Like SpraykwoN said, you should take screenshots of the error message you got to help with your case.
Hold times aside, calling is definitely faster, and they're usually pretty helpful over the phone. Just make sure you get the person's name if they promise you anything.

This one is active for 8/28. From Slickdeals for 7% off gaming cards.

SLICKSEVEN
Nice! I'll add that to the title and main post :) On slickdeals someone said it can be combined with the freebie $5 they sent out yesterday.

New customers may still be better off using 40RAISEAF to get $10 off $40+ orders first. And then using the 7% off code on a 2nd order, if you want to purchase more.

Sorry to hear that.
Did you at least get the automated, "We've received your inquiry" email? Maybe they are looking into it and it's just taking a while. Like SpraykwoN said, you should take screenshots of the error message you got to help with your case.
Hold times aside, calling is definitely faster, and they're usually pretty helpful over the phone. Just make sure you get the person's name if they promise you anything.

Nice! I'll add that to the title and main post :) On slickdeals someone said it can be combined with the freebie $5 they sent out yesterday.

New customers may still be better off using 40RAISEAF to get $10 off $40+ orders first. And then using the 7% off code on a 2nd order, if you want to purchase more.
Yes, it can be combined with the $5 freebie.

Grabbed $20 eShop digital code for $12.48 with $5 and 7% promo code. Redeemed the $20 eShop right away and it's good. Thanks for the heads up.

SLICKSEVEN - 7% off Nintendo, Xbox, Fanatics, Playstation and Dominos.

It said it was for August 28th only, but the code still appears to be working.

bread's done
Back