ZELDA dreamer was back in stock at target for $70[DEAD] = It’s not so much a deal but.,...

I mentioned it in the Nintendo thread but when i saw a lack of response i realized. Maybe no one noticed, so i thought I’d try posting, it was still in stock when i posted
I guess the last of them got snagged dude
Oops

Last edited by a moderator:
Bestbuy was sold out for a while I think, prob just came back for a bit.

And sucks I missed Target. With no GCU discount, Target is actually the best deal for me with 5% off on RedCard. Not much but it's better than the 0% off I now get everywhere else.

Yeah it was sold out for a while,and it must’ve been within minutes of posting it finished selling out

Is there supposed to be another batch of pre orders? If so, I should cancel and get it with GCU, i didnt know BBY had it

Damn I just found out the European edition comes with an awesome steel book. I might cancel my dreamer edition pre order since I have the regular version pre ordered from back when I had GCU.

Damn I just found out the European edition comes with an awesome steel book. I might cancel my dreamer edition pre order since I have the regular version pre ordered from back when I had GCU.
It does but it has been tough as nails to get. It's way cooler than the US LE imo though

It doesnt have the steelboook? So this is all just for a nice little art book? Honestly?
It’s not worth losing the GCU at $48 for another $22 for a book without a steel case....that is wack

It doesnt have the steelboook? So this is all just for a nice little art book? Honestly?
It’s not worth losing the GCU at $48 for another $22 for a book without a steel case....that is wack
Nintendo is consistently screwing the US on switch CE releases at this point

I have to say, THANK YOU, for letting me know guys.....see, the thread was more valuable than a tardy assist

Nintendo is consistently screwing the US on switch CE releases at this point
The CE thread is proof of that... Multiple big N releases and exclusive EU content normal people have no chance of getting. It's frustrating.

The CE thread is proof of that... Multiple big N releases and exclusive EU content normal people have no chance of getting. It's frustrating.
This has been the case pretty much since the Wii, and unless their NY store offers up some special offering, no chance of seeing most items in NA.

I literally had no idea until this thread....what a bummer man, i mean DOES Nintendo really not get it?
NoA hasn't gotten ANYTHING for about 20+ years at this point, so no, they don't get it, and I have no faith they ever will at this point.

All of you are going to buy the game anyway so there isn't much for them to learn.
This is the fact of the situation^

LoZ: LA is probably my favorite Zelda title, and I really wanted to get this to have as something to play for me getting the Lite(and I love art books). I actually saw this early yesterday on Target by mistake, and didn't really know how hard it was to come by, as I would have ordered at that moment if I had. But now having missed out, I'm in no rush to buy this for any higher price, and now I'm not even going to get the Lite until I hear back on if the analog sticks will have the same issues as the standard JC or not.

I've spoke with my wallet for as far back as I can remember, and this is from someone who imported every "N" system/handheld since the SNES(and I would still buy the NA offerings as well). My streak of course ended at the Wii U/Switch, as I didn't see the value for either at launch, and set $200 and under for my own buy in(I had other issues as well, but to many to post here). "N" knows they have a lock on it's audience, and they give us shit, and many make mud pies and ask for more. If that's your game, have at it, and good luck to you, but if anyone is tired of fighting to spend your own money, why would you give a place such control over you? I guess sheep are always in need of a Shepard!

I had no idea NA was even getting a CE for this, but seeing as it's just an art book I can't say I am upset that I missed the boat on pre-ordering. Like everyone else I am going to buy the game regardless and have already pre-ordered a Switch Lite also proving once again that Nintendo has my wallet by the balls. 

Thing is .... why? They know what we want and they offer it to others....
I dont get it, the customer service with my console defect was incredible..

It’s frustrating about the inconsistency, because now the seal of quality disappearance makes sense! ;)

I literally had no idea until this thread....what a bummer man, i mean DOES Nintendo really not get it?
No, they do get it. Japanese culture respects the term collector's or limited edition. It means that not everyone gets one and that's the point.

No, they do get it. Japanese culture respects the term collector's or limited edition. It means that not everyone gets one and that's the point.
Well, the terms "limited" and "collectors" have different meanings. "Collectors" just implies less quantity since there are less collectors than average players, but it does not necessarily equate to that. "Limited" should mean a limited run and when it is over, it is over.

This has been the case pretty much since the Wii, and unless their NY store offers up some special offering, no chance of seeing most items in NA.
I'll never forget having to come back from a vacation in NYC the day before the Mario Kart 8 CE was released at that store...I rated so hard about that. I think they just hate Americans. No other reason they wouldn't sell the best stuff only to the US.

I'll never forget having to come back from a vacation in NYC the day before the Mario Kart 8 CE was released at that store...I rated so hard about that. I think they just hate Americans. No other reason they wouldn't sell the best stuff only to the US.
Yeah, stuff like this is complete and utter BS, but it's how they operate now, and why I don't support them as much as I once did. There's just to many great games, at great prices, across many great systems to sit around and beg for scraps from a company who has shown time and time again, they could care less what a fan or even an average consumer would like.

But why aren’t we offered the collector? Japanese are much higher standard than we have for sure, which is why i mentioned we no longer see the Nintendo seal of approval in the US.....

Anyway, i was reassured to just enjoy the LIMITED DREAMER, not the European/Japanese Collector.....or whichever the correct term is lol

Thanks for your replies

I... didn't even know this was a thing. And all of you are complaining about the wrong thing. Link's Awakening came out BEFORE I WAS BORN at a modest price of $30. Now they're remaking it completely but putting it up on the Switch for $60. This should be illegal. I'm not paying more than $20 for this thing once its Nintendo Selects version is released.

I... didn't even know this was a thing. And all of you are complaining about the wrong thing. Link's Awakening came out BEFORE I WAS BORN at a modest price of $30. Now they're remaking it completely but putting it up on the Switch for $60. This should be illegal. I'm not paying more than $20 for this thing once its Nintendo Selects version is released.
Cool. Another dumb ass Yu Narukami post.

Inflation since 1993 makes that $30 the equivalent of $52-75 in 2019 depending on what city in which you live. The game is completely remade plus has some added content. Sounds like it tracks pretty well. Basic economics should be illegal?

Wait until you can pay what you think it is worth to you, but your logic is flawed on the math.

I mean, Nintendo Selects are priced at $19.99 sooo...sorry what was your point again?

To be honest I’m on the fence
I have the target dreamer pre order at $70 total
I have the preorder from GCU vanilla at $48
And someone said It’s gonna be $20 in a few months

This whole thread turned my head upside down with Nintendo

If I cancel target I’ll let someone know and sell it for what I got it for plus shipping to you of course

It’s not gonna be 20 in a few months...it’s a Nintendo Zelda game it’s not gonna be $20 ever

Arms has never been $20 and that game failed here

Maybe not $20, but maybe $50 around Black Friday, well after BF hopefully. I still have GCU until Sept 2020 so can't wait for that BB buy one get 50% off on Nintendo games.

Maybe not $20, but maybe $50 around Black Friday, well after BF hopefully. I still have GCU until Sept 2020 so can't wait for that BB buy one get 50% off on Nintendo games.
Probably accurate. If you are balking at $60, your best deal is going to wait for BF for $10 off or a B1G1 50% off type deal around the holidays.

But, the thing here is this is all based on the assumption that the game will basically be the GB version. That is not a terrible assumption, as early demos have shown very similar areas that are in many ways identical to earlier layouts. But, I believe that Nintendo will add length to the story to make it a console length adventure.

And we do know it will also have that Zelda Dungeon Maker style mode to add some bulk to the purchase.

Thinking this will drop to $20 is just delusional. Nintendo isn't Ubisoft, they keep the base price of their headlines games up high for a long time. They aren't fond of their titles getting tossed in the bargain bin merely from a brand protection standpoint.

Probably accurate. If you are balking at $60, your best deal is going to wait for BF for $10 off or a B1G1 50% off type deal around the holidays.

But, the thing here is this is all based on the assumption that the game will basically be the GB version. That is not a terrible assumption, as early demos have shown very similar areas that are in many ways identical to earlier layouts. But, I believe that Nintendo will add length to the story to make it a console length adventure.

And we do know it will also have that Zelda Dungeon Maker style mode to add some bulk to the purchase.

Thinking this will drop to $20 is just delusional. Nintendo isn't Ubisoft, they keep the base price of their headlines games up high for a long time. They aren't fond of their titles getting tossed in the bargain bin merely from a brand protection standpoint.
It was already a console worthy adventure. People try to underestimate this game because it was on gameboy but i assure you and those who haven't played it it's worth it

It was already a console worthy adventure. People try to underestimate this game because it was on gameboy but i assure you and those who haven't played it it's worth it
Well yeah. Don't have to convince me, had Dreamer pre-ordered since it was announced.

Even if it's short it'll still not be 20 bucks unless they make it a greatest hits version several years from now.

Kirby was short af and you're not gonna find that for 20 bucks.

Even if it's short it'll still not be 20 bucks unless they make it a greatest hits version several years from now.

Kirby was short af and you're not gonna find that for 20 bucks.
I don't think the length will be an issue but I do wonder how people will react to a traditional Zelda after BotW, especially those who've never played/didn't care for traditional Zeldas. I enjoyed BotW but didn't like it as much as most people so I'm elated for a traditional Zelda, but I also know I'm in the minority and most people put BotW on their best of the best lists.

My biggest concern is if it'll retain the same 'feeling' of the GB game... most everything I've seen suggests Nintendo's making that a focus so I'm not worried. Can't wait!:D

I don't think the length will be an issue but I do wonder how people will react to a traditional Zelda after BotW, especially those who've never played/didn't care for traditional Zeldas. I enjoyed BotW but didn't like it as much as most people so I'm elated for a traditional Zelda, but I also know I'm in the minority and most people put BotW on their best of the best lists.

My biggest concern is if it'll retain the same 'feeling' of the GB game... most everything I've seen suggests Nintendo's making that a focus so I'm not worried. Can't wait! :D
Yeah, BotW is just a completely different beast, as I don't even place that game along side any of the past 3D games either. I've liked most of the Zelda series, with BotW being the only game I flat out didn't care for, or even consider it much of a Zelda title for that matter. I guess there may be new fans who only have experience with BotW, and they may be put off of Awakening, so they may have found the game better suited to them(or may like both).

This was a Zelda game thinking outside of the box at the time, but was very much still an amazing Zelda game. Now with the graphics upgrade, the charm and life of the original game just seems to come through all the more. And yes, this game was a little short side, but I'll take a game with charm, heart and feeling that's short, than a HUGE open world that felt(at lest to me), void of any substance, heart or feelings that I associate with a Zelda game.

You guys are dumb and drunk. I already mentioned Nintendo Selects in my post. Is this game going to be $20 on BF? Hell no. Will it be $20 on BF 3 years from now? No. Will it eventually get a Nintendo Selects and be $20? Survey says... YES! I've beaten Link's Awakening DX more times than I can count. I can wait years and years for this to drop to $20.

I think if they had remade the oracle games and included it in the same package that the AAA price tag would be more palatable.

bread's done
Back