* * - - - 6 votes

My apologies for the wrong forum; but what happened to the Best Buy and Target weekly ads that used to be posted here?

#1 honzoh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:47 PM

see topic

#2 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4210 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:48 PM

Users stopped posting them. Feel free to post them.

#3 honzoh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:58 PM

Users stopped posting them. Feel free to post them.

Bummer.  They were one of my favorite things about coming here.

#4 mossfan563   CAG 'til I die! CAGiversary!   1294 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

Partly it had to do with the fact that paper ads were becoming less available for people to leak.

I myself used to post when I could but I don’t have the time these days (I usually post from whatever they have on the website though).

#5 ritchardf  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:07 PM

yep, best buy ads are entirely digital now, so they dont leak early, which was the major point of the threads. target ads rarely have game sales worth mentioning, but if you look on the website, i think friday or saturday they have the next weeks ad up for preview.

#6 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:07 PM

You know what you were doing! This is NOT the forums for this, and they took it down because it wasnt worth it after GCU was cancelled.......
(J/k about you knew what you were doing lol ;). )

#7 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5888 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:18 PM

You know what you were doing! This is NOT the forums for this, and they took it down because it wasnt worth it after GCU was cancelled.......
(J/k about you knew what you were doing lol ;). )

lol

#8 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:24 PM

Maybe I should start running stop signs and speeding and if a cop pulls me over I'll just say "sorry I'm aware I know what I did was against the rules, but its fine because I'm the exception". I wonder if that would work.

#9 bluelightningduo  

bluelightningduo

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:30 PM

Remember when CAG was worth checking out once a day instead of once a week?

#10 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:39 PM

Pepperidge Farms remembers?

#11 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22758 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:41 PM

Remember when you could actually find things on sale for less than MSRP instead of being happy you just got a preorder in so you don't pay eBay prices? 

#12 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:10 PM

Guys, GCU changed this site.....it went from as you said, “weekly checkups” and then when GCU hit it was check every day, and then when everyone caught on it was check every hour!!!!! Then GCU died and so did everything else

Dont worry though lads....i believe strongly amazon twitch is cooking something , they got something up their sleeves....

#13 limelight022  

limelight022

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:28 PM

Do not create threads to ask a question.  Only post specific video game deals. 

#14 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3551 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

For real. I used to get on here multiple times a day but now I might log in once every couple months. Part of that is the ascension of the CAG twitter and my waning interest in gaming, but still. Crazy how things change within a 5 year period.

#15 MR X   Unknown Member CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:19 PM

I thought it was because both stores went out of business.

#16 Sielanas  

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

Damn you, Hubert.

#17 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:53 PM

Meh, I still check daily so I can nab PC game giveaways that I'll never play.

#18 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:37 AM

Well with backlog and gamepass/free with plus or live/EA access I really can't justify a $48 dollar game when it'll be $30 or less soon and maybe even free.

#19 honzoh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:08 AM

Well with backlog and gamepass/free with plus or live/EA access I really can't justify a $48 dollar game when it'll be $30 or less soon and maybe even free.

I get that for sure.  I liked the broad range they usually covered though; like dvd/blurays and television deals.  I also liked following along with the thread discussion, as several people would bring up non-advertised deals or discuss the merits of some of the 'sales'.  But I get why it's not here anymore now.  Sorry to all those I offended by asking a relevant (to this particular forum) question.  Next time I'll throw in a link to an overpriced Best Buy sale so it will still be cheapass enough for you ;)  

#20 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:43 AM

#welcum

#21 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:13 PM

BB ads had become a meme. When I brought it up once it started going downhill a couple years ago I was criticized to no end...look at it now lol no one even wants to post it.

#22 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4213 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:59 PM

The ads are digital now and we don't get them early, they are also rarely worth posting. Ever since Best Buy killed GCU their video games deals have gotten worse and not as frequent. During the heyday of GCU the deals were aggressive and frequent at Best Buy. 

#23 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2366 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:55 PM

Best Buy just started to see less and less value having ads in the Sunday paper after testing digital only ads on certain weeks to the point where they are entirely digital now. They used to give us unfinished versions of the digital ad mid week but those were never reliable enough to do an ad post. I continued doing the posts a little while after using deals featured in signage sent to stores but those are also unreliable and they ended up being mostly a list of new releases that not every store was going to have.

This upcoming Sunday is actually the last time they put out their digital ad on that day as they move major price changes for the week to Mondays. No longer being tied to the newspaper lets them make that change.

#24 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2384 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:57 PM

I miss them too. Thanks, Tyrok. Wonder why the Target guy stopped?

#25 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

I still check it daily, but sort by started date because deals are barely existent these days. Today's deal was the 50% off deal but the choices weren't that great.

#26 chelosera91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1141 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chelosera91

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:37 AM

Anyone here from the good old Circuit City ads days, the Toys r Us, Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop. Now we're all old and some don't game like before. I myself turned into a sports freak and play mostly Fifa. :(