Swap Old Nintendo Switch Model for New Model if Bought After July 17

That’s really cool that a company in this day and age is doing this.

Sadly I have 16 Switch games but no console.

#CagLife

Last edited by a moderator:
https://gizmodo.com/nintendo-is-apparently-giving-new-switch-owners-a-free-1837315161

As the first person who announced that I received the new console a month ago in the Nintendo thread, it gives me great pleasure to have validation to all the naysayers and whiners who were just so jealous that someone took advantage of something offered by a company that owed its customer compensation or at least fixing their mistake

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking about?
He's claiming Nintendo sent him the New Switch a MONTH before the FCC approval came through...( right after it was announced, he had the new Switch... before ANYONE else in the world) When pressed to show proof, he shut up for 2 weeks and only because the OP's link to the story popped up yesterday, he's started claiming his victory over everyone. :roll:

Would make no difference now, lots of us have the "New" Switch now cause its out everywhere.

He claimed Nintendo gave him the New Switch, REMOVED his Serial # from his old Switch and put it on a New Switch.... 

(I linked his post about it in the main Nintendo thread for reference)

Because the current President has proven you don't need proof to backup your outlandish claims.  You just go right on lying.

Would make no difference now, lots of us have the "New" Switch now cause its out everywhere.

He claimed Nintendo gave him the New Switch, REMOVED his Serial # from his old Switch and put it on a New Switch....

(I linked his post about it in the main Nintendo thread for reference)
This guy sounds like an idiot.

While this is a nice gesture for recent Switch owners, how about those who've been there since the beginning? Frankly, I'm tired of the Joy-Con issue.
How long before the replacements stop working?

That’s really cool that a company in this day and age is doing this.
It was suggested on Reddit that this is being done to combat piracy, not to help loyal customers to get a new Switch.

You have to ask yourself what reason Nintendo would have to offer to upgrade all of these systems since it costs them money to do it.

That's the real reason.

It was suggested on Reddit that this is being done to combat piracy, not to help loyal customers to get a new Switch.

You have to ask yourself what reason Nintendo would have to offer to upgrade all of these systems since it costs them money to do it.

That's the real reason.
While that may be the case, Google and Apple have replaced my phone when just calling. They were handing out free Nexus 5 replacements for any reason years back and they replaced my brand new Pixel 3 when I dropped it and broke it Day 1. Apple took back my iPhone SE three months after I bought it just because I didn't like it. I think some companies just try to keep customers happy and it is not like they are throwing them away when they get them back. I am sure they are refurbishing them and selling them on their website or to a third party to resell.

traded in my old switch for the new one. paid 50 bucks after I traded in some old xb1 games for the 5 dollar boost. only gamestop around me that had them in Stock. both the grey and red/blue.

https://gizmodo.com/nintendo-is-apparently-giving-new-switch-owners-a-free-1837315161

As the first person who announced that I received the new console a month ago in the Nintendo thread, it gives me great pleasure to have validation to all the naysayers and whiners who were just so jealous that someone took advantage of something offered by a company that owed its customer compensation or at least fixing their mistake
How does this support your claim in any way??!!????!?

bread's done
Back