* - - - - 1 votes

Swap Old Nintendo Switch Model for New Model if Bought After July 17

Nintendo Switch

#1 Pthrilla2  

Pthrilla2

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:44 AM

If you happened to buy a Switch on or after July 17,  2019 you may be able to swap your old model for the newer model with the better battery. You need to ship your Switch to Nintendo and they will exchange it. You do have to pay to ship your old model to them.

https://www.polygon....ew-battery-life

#2 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:03 AM

That’s really cool that a company in this day and age is doing this.

Sadly I have 16 Switch games but no console.

#CagLife

#3 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:26 AM

https://gizmodo.com/...free-1837315161

As the first person who announced that I received the new console a month ago in the Nintendo thread, it gives me great pleasure to have validation to all the naysayers and whiners who were just so jealous that someone took advantage of something offered by a company that owed its customer compensation or at least fixing their mistake

#4 Jarrett   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:44 AM

As the first person who announced that I received the new console a month ago in the Nintendo thread, it gives me great pleasure to have validation to all the naysayers and whiners who were just so jealous that someone took advantage of something offered by a company that owed its customer compensation or at least fixing their mistake

What are you talking about?

#5 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:10 PM

I can't seem to find their number to call to see about getting this started. Anyone have it?

#6 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2743 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

What are you talking about?

He's claiming Nintendo sent him the New Switch a MONTH before the FCC approval came through...( right after it was announced, he had the new Switch... before ANYONE else in the world) When pressed to show proof, he shut up for 2 weeks and only because the OP's link to the story popped up yesterday, he's started claiming his victory over everyone.  :roll:

#7 Momouchi  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

So why not post proof?

#8 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2743 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:01 PM

Would make no difference now, lots of us have the "New" Switch now cause its out everywhere.

He claimed Nintendo gave him the New Switch, REMOVED his Serial # from his old Switch and put it on a New Switch.... 

(I linked his post about it in the main Nintendo thread for reference)

#9 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12768 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

Because the current President has proven you don't need proof to backup your outlandish claims.  You just go right on lying.

#10 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1966 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

Would make no difference now, lots of us have the "New" Switch now cause its out everywhere.

He claimed Nintendo gave him the New Switch, REMOVED his Serial # from his old Switch and put it on a New Switch.... 

(I linked his post about it in the main Nintendo thread for reference)

This guy sounds like an idiot.

#11 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   364 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:19 PM

While this is a nice gesture for recent Switch owners, how about those who've been there since the beginning? Frankly, I'm tired of the Joy-Con issue.
How long before the replacements stop working?

#12 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6981 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:56 PM

That’s really cool that a company in this day and age is doing this.

It was suggested on Reddit that this is being done to combat piracy, not to help loyal customers to get a new Switch. 

You have to ask yourself what reason Nintendo would have to offer to upgrade all of these systems since it costs them money to do it. 

That's the real reason. 

#13 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2743 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:01 PM

The old switch has been hacked. The new switch has not been hacked. Yet. It will be, just like the launch switch.

#14 Jarrett   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

It was suggested on Reddit that this is being done to combat piracy, not to help loyal customers to get a new Switch. 

You have to ask yourself what reason Nintendo would have to offer to upgrade all of these systems since it costs them money to do it. 

That's the real reason. 

While that may be the case, Google and Apple have replaced my phone when just calling. They were handing out free Nexus 5 replacements for any reason years back and they replaced my brand new Pixel 3 when I dropped it and broke it Day 1. Apple took back my iPhone SE three months after I bought it just because I didn't like it. I think some companies just try to keep customers happy and it is not like they are throwing them away when they get them back. I am sure they are refurbishing them and selling them on their website or to a third party to resell. 

#15 AshesofWake   chum is fum CAGiversary!   4657 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

AshesofWake

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:04 PM

traded in my old switch for the new one. paid 50 bucks after I traded in some old xb1 games for the 5 dollar boost. only gamestop around me that had them in Stock. both the grey and red/blue.

#16 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2276 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

Did the transfer at my GameStop for a new R/B only to forget my Eevee save 😭

#17 Jarrett   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:16 AM

According to an Engadget report there is no such exchange program. https://www.engadget...change-program/

#18 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:47 PM

How does this support your claim in any way??!!????!?

#19 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2062 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

Wait so Polygon lied again?

#20 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1816 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:40 PM

I bet they'll let you exchange if you ask nicely or manufacture a reason, but they don't want it advertised.

#21 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16287 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

How does this support your claim in any way??!!????!?

It doesn’t. This guy is a delusional idiot that is sadly starved for attention.