ThinkGeek rewards Geek Points converted to GameStop gift card. YMMV?

ceadondifortu

CAGiversary!
Just got an email about this with a $10 gift certificate to GameStop. I had only made about two or three ThinkGeek orders in the past, each under a $100.

Gonna head to GameStop this morning to see if there are any restrictions on it.[attachment=32635:Screenshot_20190817-091540~2.png][attachment=32636:Screenshot_20190817-091504~2.png][attachment=32636:Screenshot_20190817-091504~2.png][attachment=32635:Screenshot_20190817-091540~2.png][attachment=32637:Screenshot_20190817-091540~2.png][attachment=32638:Screenshot_20190817-091504~2.png]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else have a broken email for the certificate? I didn't have any images in mine, just links that redirected to the GameStop website when trying to click them. Anyone know if there'd be any chance to get them to regenerate my email if I call GameStop support? lol

Sweet, $50! Time to find out if it works at my local thinkgeek.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people over at SD are saying their coupon didn't work. Anyone here try theirs..? I get the feeling this was a fuck up of some kind and these won't be honored. 

I was able to use my $10 cert tonight in store. Bought a $25 Xbox gift card for $15. So they seem to be working now. Cashier couldn’t scan the printed one and had to scan it from my phone.

They need to scan the coupon before any other stuff apparently, or that's what they did with mine yesterday. Picked up the X-Force variant X-23/Laura Kinney statue, and a Trunks figure. Dumped some 3ds games with that nice bonus going on to cover the rest. Won't lie, free $25 was nice, been eyeing the X-23 for ages.

Did anyone else have a broken email for the certificate? I didn't have any images in mine, just links that redirected to the GameStop website when trying to click them. Anyone know if there'd be any chance to get them to regenerate my email if I call GameStop support? lol
I had this issue. I emailed [email protected] and they sent me a new $5 Rewards Cash certificate code. No barcode, just a text code. They say I can use it in store or online but I haven't tried it yet.

Has anyone used this online? Trying to use mine but doesn't seem to be working... putting it in the normal promo box, not sure if I should input somewhere else. 

Has anyone used this online? Trying to use mine but doesn't seem to be working... putting it in the normal promo box, not sure if I should input somewhere else.
I found you had to add something to your cart, put in the code, then remove the game you added (unless it is the one you're wanting). The code will stay active in your cart and when you browse for games afterwards it will show "$25 ThinkGeek credit" (or whatever your voucher is worth) under the eligibile games. Some games are not eligibile to use it on: for instance I wanted to use it to pre-order MediEvil but the coupon expires before the game releases so it is not eligible.

I was able to use it on ShenmueI+II PS4 and got it for $5 + shipping.

I found you had to add something to your cart, put in the code, then remove the game you added (unless it is the one you're wanting). The code will stay active in your cart and when you browse for games afterwards it will show "$25 ThinkGeek credit" (or whatever your voucher is worth) under the eligibile games. Some games are not eligibile to use it on: for instance I wanted to use it to pre-order MediEvil but the coupon expires before the game releases so it is not eligible.

I was able to use it on ShenmueI+II PS4 and got it for $5 + shipping.
Hm... odd, I tried buying a used GC game and it didn't work. Maybe it was excluded or something. I'll try again later.

for the life of me, i could not get the coupon code to work @gamestop.com.     I rolled into my local gamestop and bought a $25 PSN card for $15 off, cost me $10.     Sweet!      I hassled the guy at the checkout about PS5 preorders while i was there.    Circle of life, you know.   

bread's done
Back