* * * - - 2 votes

Target Glitch - Nintendo Switch Lite Yellow for $86.99 [DEAD OOS]

#31 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7821 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:31 AM

Jose, your a true cag, cuz If ur broke You also have the best game collection off the top of my head from any other member i can think of, unless your posts are inquiries and not buys lol

I think you have the BEST posts Jose

BTW I asked because I RARELY use the portable mode, its either desktop/tabletop or TV mode.....i didn’t know people exclusively play hand held switch , I thought from some games its like almost impossible, but i guess not

Honestly, I don't make a lot of money because I work in education.  But I'm a smart shopper.  And I try to share the information that I gather about discounts with everyone here because it's the right thing to do.  And I like to make a meta-game out of saving money buying games.  But, yeah, I've acquired a good collection in the past 33 years.  So, honestly, I need to buy a Switch like I need a hole in my head.   :oldman:  

#32 Californication310  

Californication310

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:54 AM

I have a bunch of money at GameStop I don’t know what to with. I am thinking of buying a couple switch lites and selling them at a discount if any one is interested.

#33 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3151 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:21 AM

I have a bunch of money at GameStop I don’t know what to with. I am thinking of buying a couple switch lites and selling them at a discount if any one is interested.

Sure,  I might take you up on it.  how about the regular switch?

#34 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:39 PM

I am assuming these will be canceled so I’m not going to say that I am bummed about missing out on this, but I will say that I am interested in the Switch Lite. I think having a Switch for travel like this would be ideal. I mainly play my current Switch in handheld like most in here, but having one that is a little bit more solidified in its build when actually going out and about with it would make me feel even better about taking it. Plus when I go to bed at night I would actually get to play it because my wife currently enjoys playing it instead. Lol!

#35 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

Honestly, I don't make a lot of money because I work in education. But I'm a smart shopper. And I try to share the information that I gather about discounts with everyone here because it's the right thing to do. And I like to make a meta-game out of saving money buying games. But, yeah, I've acquired a good collection in the past 33 years. So, honestly, I need to buy a Switch like I need a hole in my head. :oldman:

you sound like myself yikes!!! When i read your posts, i honestly sometimes double check to see if it was me who posted lol

YOU DA MAN JOSE

#36 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1163 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:38 PM

My switch is the vita 2.0
Switch is 1080p at best, hooking it up to a large 4k tv would just make me want to fire up the xbox x.

90% of my switch is handheld, rest is hooked up to a 27” monitor next to my Mac and play with the pro controller at my desk.

My TV is an OLED, and the switch looks just fine on it, particularly first-party titles that are more stylized.

I get the appeal of the Lite, but would probably never get one. It's just too gimped for me; I'd rather have the options of a full switch even if I never use them.

#37 Californication310  

Californication310

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:26 PM

Sure,  I might take you up on it.  how about the regular switch?

I’m expecting to have $400 by the end of the week. Let me know if you have a proposal.

#38 PAULINK   Woah, I can edit this? CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:30 PM

Ah I remember the good ol' days of 5 codes working in tandem. Getting an Xbox one x for like $185

that was a hell of a sale, never forget.

#39 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2724 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:14 PM

Yup, I can be a bit of a videophile sometimes myself and my Switch looks amazing on my 4k tv...games, in general, look much better to me on my TV than in handheld mode.

I too can see the appeal of it, I guess, for those mainly looking to replace their 3DS's, etc, but seriously, if money isn't an issue I'd for SURE go with the full unit.

My TV is an OLED, and the switch looks just fine on it, particularly first-party titles that are more stylized.

I get the appeal of the Lite, but would probably never get one. It's just too gimped for me; I'd rather have the options of a full switch even if I never use them.

#40 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7821 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

you sound like myself yikes!!! When i read your posts, i honestly sometimes double check to see if it was me who posted lol

YOU DA MAN JOSE

Thank you, buddy.  You humble me.  :oops:

#41 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1095 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:20 AM

Target isn’t exactly known for letting online glitches go through ... especially on a brand new system preorder. Good luck but don’t get your hopes up.

I got my Switch for $127 or something during that one Target glitch where you could stack multiple coupon codes. It happens.

#42 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5183 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:29 PM

I got my Switch for $127 or something during that one Target glitch where you could stack multiple coupon codes. It happens.

Not on preorders for a brand new system ... usually glitches only go through because you can pick it up in a day or two OR it ships immediately. Would be shocked to see anyone get this.

#43 akuma77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:07 PM

Not on preorders for a brand new system ... usually glitches only go through because you can pick it up in a day or two OR it ships immediately. Would be shocked to see anyone get this.

Well out of my 5 orders, 4 were cancelled.

One is still showing pre ordered and will deliver in September.

#44 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11426 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:29 PM

God that was a beautiful glitch. Seeing all of the codes pouring out on Twitter was like Christmas. Got Octopath and a few other games that had released right around that time for like $20 each.

#45 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:09 PM

Thank you, buddy. You humble me. :oops:

Are yall dating?

#46 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

God that was a beautiful glitch. Seeing all of the codes pouring out on Twitter was like Christmas. Got Octopath and a few other games that had released right around that time for like $20 each.

Got an X1X for $300 off MSRP, which made up for my other orders being canceled. Truly was a glorious glitch.

#47 knothead65  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:47 PM

I got a Xbox one S for $130 from Target when you got a free game like rock band, cancel the game and the system price dropped. Also remember getting a Forza digital code for like $20 or something for a new release game.

#48 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:56 PM

For some people it's strictly a portable console and don't want to pay an extra $100 to connect it to a tv.  People have different wants and needs

it lost more than tv connectivity 

#49 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:05 AM

it lost more than tv connectivity

Cool. There's still a market for it regardless. My point is that some people would rather lose features to save 1/3 of the price

#50 gldndomer  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:17 AM

Why do people bicker about the Switch Lite not having TV functionality? I had the Switch for three months, I played it once on the TV for Mario Kart with friends and we got tired of it after ten minutes. The Switch Lite is much more portable, you don't have the feeling of the joycons snapping off the rails as you play it, and it's cheaper while only losing bluetooth and TV functionality, neither of which many Switch owners use.

This "har har you should pay 50% more for a *real* Switch" reeks of jealousy and attempting to talk oneself out of purchasing a second switch because one doesn't have the latest model.

Now I understand wanting to let peoplewho are clueless know that the Switch Lite doesn't have TV functionality, but devaluing another gamer's choice of a cheaper and more portable system by insinuating it's not a "real' switch? Go back to Twitter or Reddit for that BS.

#51 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:20 AM

The only thing I wish it didn’t lose was hd rumble

But I’m still buying the Pokémon edition of the switch lite

#52 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3100 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:38 AM

Even though the vast majority of my gaming on the Switch is handheld.. the loss of TV connection *was* the deal breaker for me to have a 2nd Switch. Everything else it lost was something I could have done without.

I don't want one, but i'm not judging anyone that does want one though. (I'd have bought one if I could have got in on this deal)

#53 kilenem911  

kilenem911

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:00 AM

Why do people bicker about the Switch Lite not having TV functionality? I had the Switch for three months, I played it once on the TV for Mario Kart with friends and we got tired of it after ten minutes. The Switch Lite is much more portable, you don't have the feeling of the joycons snapping off the rails as you play it, and it's cheaper while only losing bluetooth and TV functionality, neither of which many Switch owners use.

This "har har you should pay 50% more for a *real* Switch" reeks of jealousy and attempting to talk oneself out of purchasing a second switch because one doesn't have the latest model.

Now I understand wanting to let peoplewho are clueless know that the Switch Lite doesn't have TV functionality, but devaluing another gamer's choice of a cheaper and more portable system by insinuating it's not a "real' switch? Go back to Twitter or Reddit for that BS.

Its no longer a Nintendo, "Switch," some games lose functionality, and the most recent update has better battery life then the Lite

#54 akuma77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:08 AM

I am assuming these will be canceled so I’m not going to say that I am bummed about missing out on this, but I will say that I am interested in the Switch Lite. I think having a Switch for travel like this would be ideal. I mainly play my current Switch in handheld like most in here, but having one that is a little bit more solidified in its build when actually going out and about with it would make me feel even better about taking it. Plus when I go to bed at night I would actually get to play it because my wife currently enjoys playing it instead. Lol!

https://imgur.com/a/PlYkgav My order didn’t cancel

#55 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:58 AM

https://imgur.com/a/PlYkgav My order didn’t cancel

What? It literally says refunded... or was that a joke...

#56 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:03 AM

What? It literally says refunded... or was that a joke...

Uh... $113 (shown in the photo) is the difference between MSRP of $199.99 for the Switch Lite and the glitch price of $86.99.

#57 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7524 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:14 AM

Its no longer a Nintendo, "Switch," some games lose functionality, and the most recent update has better battery life then the Lite

Yeah, in the same way a "2DS" is no longer in "3D" or a "3DS" for that matter, and by no surprise, that is the last 3DS left standing, as the only official "3DS" system left. The "New" 3DS models also supports games that the bigger OG "3DS" & "XL"user base can no longer play or use like SNES VC games, or specific new titles like Minecraft, Binding of Isaac or Xenoblade. 

So what is shown as no longer a "Switch", is pretty much the same as the 2DS that is no longer a 3DS, even though it plays and functions just fine for over 95% of games. And what a shocker, as "3D" is the main feature of a 3DS, and yet the 2D models are the only ones left and promoted on their site. Can people really be this clueless? 

I for one have said from day one I found the NS way over priced for what was being offered, and people argude that opinion, like I was suppose to be happy with the NS, just because they are. I have ZERO interest in playing this on a TV, taking off the JC, or using motion controls of any kind. So why would I buy the OG Switch? If I wanted those features, I would have bought that unit. So I didn't want to pay for features I find 110% completely useless, and now I have a choice, and that's a problem why? 

I also wanted a handheld that was more portable, and a handheld with a proper D-Pad that I don't have to pay an extra $70 to acquire(a d-pad is standard on most systems since FOREVER). So the NS I wanted, had features the $300 NS didn't have or offer, and why would I pay for that? You can still buy the so called "Switch" that Switches, and another that is clearly labeled "Lite", which implies less features. If it was called the Switch "Plus", then I could see the issue, but of course, that's not the case.

#58 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:55 AM

Why do you care so much?  The fact that the 2DS released didn't impact my enjoyment of my 3DS, and the release of this won't make me enjoy my Switch any less.  If it makes people happy to save $100, be happy for them.

#59 Tauro_Fc  

Tauro_Fc

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:48 PM

All the years over a "lesser" switch. Just imagine when the switch pro releases.

#60 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:23 PM

If they allowed TV functionality for the Switch Lite, there would be no reason for people to buy the original model... unless they think a slightly better battery and HD rumble are worth an extra $100, which most wouldn't even consider.