- - - - -

GameStop pre-owned deal: 3 for $25 all titles $14.99 and below (B&M only)

#31 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:19 PM

Highly recommend Olli Olli, yonder and axiom verge for those who don't have them already.

#32 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:29 PM

I swear half those games were just in the $9.99 sale...

#33 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1157 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:29 PM

Highly recommend Olli Olli, yonder and axiom verge for those who don't have them already.

Axiom Verge 4 life

#34 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:45 PM

Steep, Wolf 2, Wolf Among Us, and possibly Xcom 2. All the others you should never pay over 10 for

People who go in the store have more options.

#35 Poopmeister   Poop CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Poopmeister

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:59 PM

Ah yes, nothing says CAG like a $6 savings across 3 games

Use that $6 to buy a Corey in the house action figure with the current clearance!

#36 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:24 AM

PS4
The Impatient

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who notices things like this, or just the only one who points them out.  The funnier they are, the quicker my mind flags them.

#37 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:36 AM

This sale is for people without social disorders.

lol this guy

#38 BangBucks  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:02 AM

Will the 10% off with pro be applied?

#39 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2950 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:44 PM

And when you click on the individual game links it resets the filters, so when you back out you have to start from square one. Probably the worst website redesign I have ever seen (well, next to FYE.com).

Agree the UI is bad but this actually was the case with the prior mobile site too.

#40 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:39 PM

So does GS ever put the games in one bin or something or do you always have to browse the store? I've tried partaking in these sales in the past and hated that I had to browse the entire store... which I wouldn't mind but GS employees now stalk you around the store as if you're their date. "What systems do you have?" "What types of games do you play?" "Do you play online?" "Was there something in particular you're looking for?"

There are only so many polite ways you can tell someone of Fuck off.

I usually just tell them that I'm browsing, but I'll come talk to them in at the counter in a minute. If they persist then I kindly point at the games and look them in the eye and repeat myself that I'll come talk to them in a minute.

#41 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:18 PM

This actually valid? I see nothing on the website regarding this and when you click the weekly ad there is no mention of it.

Edit: Ok weird it was showing the old ad up until moments ago. Stand corrected.

#42 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5729 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

It's in the weekly ad.

#43 RadMaster  

RadMaster

Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:12 PM

I just took advantage of it.  I got:

Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3)

#44 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:33 PM

I grabbed some PS4 games today. I can confirm it's indeed good to go, even though the local store didn't have signs up yet!

#45 cjones641  

cjones641

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:43 PM

it looks like most of the games that are 14.99 were 9.99. 

I dont' see anything worthy really

#46 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   588 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:27 AM

Thanks OP! Picked up EDF 4.1, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, and Wolfenstein II - all for PS4.

#47 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23571 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:55 AM

I just took advantage of it.  I got:

Holy shit, awesome haul! Xenoblade X had such an awesome world. Flying around in giant mechs, pew pewing & slashing huge enemies and exploring the massive world...  too bad the story was so fucking stupid. That game made me wish there was a toggle for stories in game, kinda like subtitles, but stories are pretty key to me in RPGs. Cold Steel I and II are legit RPGs, really need to find time to finish those two. 

#48 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:43 AM

Yes, I do not understand how this website could in any way generate them more revenue. It is absolutely horrible. It is impossible to navigate efficiently. Either that's intentional to drive people to go into the store rather than order online. Or, they just completely missed the mark, and some dingus corporate dude who doesn't buy video games said "it looks great!"

I used the wishlist feature to track games I wanted. I didn’t necessarily plan on buying them from GS. It was just a handy place to keep the list. And it would sometimes work out for GS when they would have sales like the 3 for 25.

The list got wiped with the revamp.

Any programming firm that does something like that should be fired on the spot.

#49 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5552 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:53 AM

It looks like Gamestop is trying to work on their website.  It isn't as bad when I was looking for the $14.99 PS4 games.

XB1

Spoiler

Switch
Troll and I
Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Game Only)
Sina Mora Ex
Project Highrise: Architect Edition

#50 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:33 AM

I just took advantage of it. I got:

Legend of heroes worth getting on ps3 or should I get on ps4?

#51 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:26 AM

Duplicate post my bad

#52 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2095 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:55 AM

I think the PS3 version of Cold Steel don't have the speedup / turbo mode (let's you 2x-6x map / battle - so worth it) option. PC version has it (I have Part 1 on steam). Not sure with PS4. 

#53 SiloHilo   Banned Banned   56 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

SiloHilo

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:28 AM

It looks like Gamestop is trying to work on their website. It isn't as bad when I was looking for the $14.99 PS4 games.

XB1

Spoiler

Switch
Troll and I
Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Game Only)
Sina Mora Ex
Project Highrise: Architect Edition

List is laughably better than the PS4 selection. Wonder why so many games dont get a great discount on the PS4

#54 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2950 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:50 AM

List is laughably better than the PS4 selection. Wonder why so many games dont get a great discount on the PS4

Easy. The PS4 is the better selling platform which typically means games sell on the console with less need for sales or discounts.

Xbone games on the other hand have fewer customers to sell so not surprising to see more Xbone games sitting in clearance ailes.

I recall during the PS2-Xbox OG-GCN era, it'd be easy to find Xbox OG and GCN games on cleareance because PS2 was essentially wiping the floor with both.

Also, losing platforms have a greater incentive to offer discounts to get customers to adopt their platform. See, e.g., those cheap sales at the MS Store for even shipped physical Xbone software.

#55 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

Went ahead and alphabetized the Xbone list. If anyone wants to create a PS3, Wii u, etc list it would greatly help.

#56 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:58 AM

Bought rayman 3d
Paper mario sticker star (bundle that with a 3ds trying to sell)
And has been heroes.

Gonna wait until friday to throw some money around

#57 RadMaster  

RadMaster

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

The PS4 version is a bit better, for sure. But getting the PS3 version for $8.33 is definitely worth it.

#58 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

The PS4 version is a bit better, for sure. But getting the PS3 version for $8.33 is definitely worth it.

thank you 

#59 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

I highly recommend Axiom Verge. I picked it up on PS4 and it is a great blend of old school Metroid and Contra and it's an 8-bit game.

#60 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:33 PM

idk but maybe software sales are stronger on PS4? The difference is like almost 100M to 40M, almost 2.5x last time I checked