* * - - - 5 votes

GameStop.com Labor Day Sale - 9/2 Only

#31 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10739 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:29 AM

Let's see if I can drag my butt to the store on Monday

#32 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2820 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:34 AM

What’s GameStop’s free shipping point now? 35? 50?

#33 Jhingles  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:35 AM

What’s GameStop’s free shipping point now? 35? 50?

Even those limits work like 20% of the time. The site is borked.

#34 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2954 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:40 AM

I keep seeing people in here mentioning going to the store, but the post says online only.

Am I missing something?

#35 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10662 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:05 AM

Way to get people into your stores on their day off from work, GameStop.

Let's see if I can drag my butt to the store on Monday

VVVV

Labor Day sale is Online Only & 9/2 Only

#36 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:18 AM

Nope. I need Black Friday nowwww!

#37 Taijipanda  

Taijipanda

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:46 AM

Metrowest in the house.

Report in, where you at? Orlando UCF here.

Team Hurricane Party.  Apopka area.

#38 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7108 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:27 AM

VVVV

My quote was a dig at them making the sale an online only sale.  I had already read CheapyD's post when I posted.

#39 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   995 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

Team Hurricane Party. Apopka area.

Up in Jacksonville

#40 SRL1  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:21 PM

some good stuff.

#41 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6469 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

i love using gamestop .com to purchase preowned games at a discount. their sale prices are very competitive and hard to beat. i would recommend that everyone bring in their gently used games and trade them in for store credit . if you have any issues, please dm me the store number and name of the associate and i will gladly help you out as long as you arent trying to buy any penny guides

#42 respectablechum  

respectablechum

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:54 PM

Anthem for me maybe.

It is cheap but your time also has value.

#43 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:40 PM

i love using gamestop .com to purchase preowned games at a discount. their sale prices are very competitive and hard to beat. i would recommend that everyone bring in their gently used games and trade them in for store credit . if you have any issues, please dm me the store number and name of the associate and i will gladly help you out as long as you arent trying to buy any penny guides

Amazing.  Thank you.

#44 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1712 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:54 PM

Interested in Blood and Truth and hoping for a used 2DS xl sale

#45 MonkeyBrainSync  

MonkeyBrainSync

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

Probably my last chance to use my $10 ThinkGeek credit before it expires on the 15th. 

#46 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2981 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:09 PM

Damn, gsdave is hacking accounts now. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

#47 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4987 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:29 PM

You had me at "penny guides"

#48 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4987 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:54 PM

Borderlands collection and Bioshock collection are at lowest prices ever for physical, and maybe even period. Division 2 ties it's physical low. Anthem, too, but does anyone care?

#49 Rick4Life  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

Borderlands collection and Bioshock collection are at lowest prices ever for physical, and maybe even period. Division 2 ties it's physical low. Anthem, too, but does anyone care?

Anthem is worth $10. Yes, loading sucks. Yes, walking around sucks. But, when you are loaded in the actual game flying around doing stuff, it’s very fun. One of the few games I played all the way through this year, even being patient with the loading.

#50 Sielanas  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

In for Blood and Truth to use my Thinkgeek certificate. $10 no-brainer.

#51 lochdoun   Coast to Coast CAGiversary!   634 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

I can't imagine why anyone would pay $10 for Anthem when you can get 3 amazing Bioshock games for the same price.

#52 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1890 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:55 PM

I keep seeing people in here mentioning going to the store, but the post says online only.

Am I missing something?

GS usually has a free shipping threshold set at $50 in recent months so any sale becomes a no sale when you spend less than $50 due to shipping charges. People are opting for online buying for in-store pick up, but GS doesn't charge you online so I'm not sure how it pans out for those going to the stores as they can easily say, it's online pricing only and must be charged online.

#53 Mishimaryu   EWGF! (f,N~d~d/f+2) CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Mishimaryu

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:16 PM

Shipping extremely kills the deal. Not looking to spend at least $50

#54 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7108 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:52 PM

If push comes to shove, it's possible to price match any of the new items at Target in-store as long as they're in stock.  Get to a Target store early enough on Labor Day, and you shouldn't have any problems getting the match.  I live right down the street from one, so that might be the route that I will go if I choose to buy any games.

#55 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1413 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:35 AM

With the way the new site has been screwing people I don't have any interest in gambling my trade credit on orders that might disappear.

#56 DrBayrd  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:37 AM

With the way the new site has been screwing people I don't have any interest in gambling my trade credit on orders that might disappear.

On Monday, I'm going to have the cashier in gamestop place my online orders for me in store. Yes you can do web in store orders.

#57 ritchardf  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:41 AM

GS usually has a free shipping threshold set at $50 in recent months so any sale becomes a no sale when you spend less than $50 due to shipping charges. People are opting for online buying for in-store pick up, but GS doesn't charge you online so I'm not sure how it pans out for those going to the stores as they can easily say, it's online pricing only and must be charged online.

the website now offers the option to pay online and simply pick up the order in store. that is how people are using the cag16 code for in store pickup items.

#58 Rick4Life  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:59 AM

the website now offers the option to pay online and simply pick up the order in store. that is how people are using the cag16 code for in store pickup items.

Which means cag16 will likely die soon now that every junior detective in the country will learn about it.

#59 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:54 AM

Division 2 has been $19.99 new/$18.99 preowned before

#60 briandadude   Vita + Xbox CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:27 AM

If push comes to shove, it's possible to price match any of the new items at Target in-store as long as they're in stock.  Get to a Target store early enough on Labor Day, and you shouldn't have any problems getting the match.  I live right down the street from one, so that might be the route that I will go if I choose to buy any games.

Why not buy now from Target and request the match on Monday?

• Target will match the price of a qualifying item, if you find the identical item for less at select online competitors, in local competitor print ads or on Target.com within 14 days of purchase

http://help.target.c...ility & Pricing