* * - - - 5 votes

GameStop.com Labor Day Sale - 9/2 Only

#61 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5018 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:37 AM

Division 2 has been $19.99 new/$18.99 preowned before

Was that at GS?  I guess I forgot that one.  I ended up getting it digitally at CDKeys where it's been down to $17ish recently and traded in my disc to GS.

Anthem is worth $10. Yes, loading sucks. Yes, walking around sucks. But, when you are loaded in the actual game flying around doing stuff, it’s very fun. One of the few games I played all the way through this year, even being patient with the loading.

I have actually heard it's got some good fun in it, but the support has been extremely lacking.  I will probably check it out at some point.

#62 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:31 AM

Weak. Hurry up black friday

#63 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 01 September 2019 - 07:21 AM

the website now offers the option to pay online and simply pick up the order in store. that is how people are using the cag16 code for in store pickup items.

I didn't know that. I might give it a shot.

#64 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   747 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:02 PM

Team Hurricane Party. Apopka area.

Altamonte Springs, standing by.

#65 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 01 September 2019 - 03:39 PM

Damn we got way too many CAGs in Florida. Y'all need to move.

#66 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15039 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:22 PM

Anthem might as well just be shutdown.

FTFY. Sale is a joke from what I see; all things have been cheaper at some point.

And speaking of Anthem, I love how it got less flak than FO76 did yet it's holding a $30 value despite being half a year OLDER, while the other game is in the dumpster.

#67 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2991 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:30 PM

FTFY. Sale is a joke from what I see; all things have been cheaper at some point.

And speaking of Anthem, I love how it got less flak than FO76 did yet it's holding a $30 value despite being half a year OLDER, while the other game is in the dumpster.

That’s because Fallout is a beloved series so when they screw it up people get upset.

Meanwhile no one really gave a crap about Anthem to begin with.

#68 Elite-Assassin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Elite-Assassin

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:23 PM

Eh I could probably get $10 of enjoyment out of Anthem.

Edit: Just realized it’s online only. Otherwise I’d likely be in for Anthem & Forsaken

I wonder if we can get a price match on that at say Best Buy, depending on the employee or online rep. Then do instore pick up. I'd be in for the same but not with a shipping cost

Edit: I also saw that someone mentioned you can pay online and pick up in store. So I probably will grab both now.

#69 ritchardf  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:56 PM

pretty tough choice here, buy the playstation classic at gamestop.com for $20 today or $30 tomorrow when it goes "on sale"

#70 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:07 PM

I'd like to get Blood & Truth but I don't want to have to pay for shipping and there are no stores nearby that have it in stock.

I'm thinking about ordering 3 copies in order to qualify for free shipping then returning 2 of them.  Would that work or would the store end up charging me for shipping by not giving me a full refund?

#71 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2423 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:11 PM

I'd like to get Blood & Truth but I don't want to have to pay for shipping and there are no stores nearby that have it in stock.

I'm thinking about ordering 3 copies in order to qualify for free shipping then returning 2 of them.  Would that work or would the store end up charging me for shipping by not giving me a full refund?

You could always try price matching with another store.

Amazon will probably match them anyway.

#72 LakersHater   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

LakersHater

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:37 PM

pretty tough choice here, buy the playstation classic at gamestop.com for $20 today or $30 tomorrow when it goes "on sale"

Thanks for the heads up on this. Bought one for in store pickup. Have one already for hacking, will keep this second one sealed. Hopefully they have Blood and Truth in stock tomorrow when I pick it up.

#73 ViperFabulous  

ViperFabulous

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:09 AM

Report in, where you at? Orlando UCF here.

Kissimmee checking in

#74 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:09 AM

So can you buy a discounted labor day item for pickup+pay in store and get the online price you think? Or will it be "sorry bro, use dat app!"

#75 ViperFabulous  

ViperFabulous

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:10 AM

I was hoping to get the gears of war Funko pop box but I don’t see it on sale

#76 Yankeessuck193   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Yankeessuck193

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:12 AM

Is Destiny 2 Forsaken for sale on PC?

#77 Darkshado   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:13 AM

CAG16 stacks with the B1G1 half off :)

#78 GameRTR  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:13 AM

CAG16 stacks with the B1G1 half off :)

I was just coming to post the same after submitting my order 

#79 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:15 AM

You could always try price matching with another store.

Amazon will probably match them anyway.

But Amazon doesn't sell new games with asterisk *new*

#80 Darklurkr23   Contest Win' Machine CAGiversary!   1929 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Darklurkr23

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:39 AM

Anthem 9.99 holy Fuck that game must be sooooo bad XD

#81 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:40 AM

Why was thinking Destiny 2:Forsaken was part of this sale for 9.99?

#82 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:42 AM

get a preowned switch game with it. Easier to return without raising suspicion.

#83 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:47 AM

Was able to do the in store pickup for Blood and Truth and Bloodstained (switch) so i didnt have to pay for shipping.

And since using trade credit online has been hit/miss with the new site.. "Pay in store" option lol.

Could probably find some pre-owned games also.. but 100% they will be disc/cart only.

#84 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:49 AM

Grabbed Blood & Truth, along with Call of Cthulhu and Days Gone for like $62. 

#85 ritchardf  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:50 AM

Was able to do the in store pickup for Blood and Truth and Bloodstained (switch) so i didnt have to pay for shipping.

And since using trade credit online has been hit/miss with the new site.. "Pay in store" option lol.

Could probably find some pre-owned games also.. but 100% they will be disc/cart only.

let us know how that works out, generally the pay in store option wont guarantee you get the online price

#86 Zipomatic2   Really, Really Cheap CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:51 AM

Blood and Truth for $5 after cashing in my Geekpoints voucher. Well chuffed with that price.

#87 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11249 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:55 AM

Why was thinking Destiny 2:Forsaken was part of this sale for 9.99?

It's listed in the GameSpot link in one of the first replies in the thread.  The PC version has been OOS for a while, but hopefully it will magically go in stock when the sale starts.

EDIT - The sale is already live?  I figured it wouldn't happen until midnight CT.

#88 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:56 AM

It's listed in the GameSpot link in one of the first replies in the thread.  The PC version has been OOS for a while, but hopefully it will magically go in stock when the sale starts.

The sale has started and all versions are 19.99

#89 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:56 AM

let us know how that works out, generally the pay in store option wont guarantee you get the online price

Nice of them to not honor their sale prices.

I printed out the hold order with the prices clearly shown anyway.

#90 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11249 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:00 AM

Nice of them to not honor their sale prices.

I printed out the hold order with the prices clearly shown anyway.

That's just how putting a hold on a game for store purchase the next day works.  Unless they are friendly to you, they won't have to honor that hold price.