Control (PS4) $38.24 (X1) $37.49 via Amazon (Prime Eligible)

Quantum Break also dropped in price significantly and quickly, albeit not as quickly as this. Tbh it was a great but definitely should've launched at 40 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already showing that it’s only available from third-party sellers. Good find for those who got in on the deal. I got the Deluxe from BB and have yet to boot it up... 😐

How is this game? I’ve seen some previews but it seems hard to tell what it’s about. If I enjoyed Alan Wake but not Quantum Break, how would this be?

$40 shipped for a game that literally just came in the past week is great, but as mentioned above, this could be a strong BF contender. Will hold off for now (unless it dips under $30 shipped before then...).

Got this game from Best buy, Bought another one now from Amazon, gonna return my original copy back to best buy

Might be better off picking this up from Target using the 25% off in store pickup deal. Target has a longer return policy, just in case the price drops more.

I used that coupon to get Metro:Exodus limited edition for $33.75. Seemed like a good price to finally pull the trigger

I'm about 80% of the way through the game and it's certainly going to be in my top ten of the year and my favorite Remedy game.
I’m sorry you will only play 10 games this year, Control isn’t even the best game to come out this week ( Astral Chain )

Anyone play this on an original Xbox one? How’s the performance? I heard it played badly on base PS4.

He didn’t say he will only play 10 games. Just because you have an opinion it doesn’t mean anyone wants to hear it.
[attachment=32704:FC6752F9-4C8F-4082-807E-D6984D7FC17F.png]

Here’s another opinion, Control was better when they made it 15 years ago.

I’m sorry you will only play 10 games this year, Control isn’t even the best game to come out this week ( Astral Chain )
I've already finished 80 games in 2019 let alone played.

I finished Control this morning and I stand by my statement. Fantastic game.

Just curious, has anyone played this on standard PS4? I've been reading about some pretty heavy performance issues, which is warding me off. Wondering if I should wait till there's a fix, by which time it will probably have dropped in price.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/28/20837107/control-performance-ps4-xbox-one-pc
https://youtu.be/niQfeglwDZ4?t=1135

Dunno if you watched the digital foundry video (which is linked in that article) but that is a timestamp to the relevant PS4 frame rate tests. Honestly can't believe how rough it looks, I am on normal PS4 as well and I don't think I could deal with that if that is how all battles become at some point.

https://youtu.be/niQfeglwDZ4?t=1135

Dunno if you watched the digital foundry video (which is linked in that article) but that is a timestamp to the relevant PS4 frame rate tests. Honestly can't believe how rough it looks, I am on normal PS4 as well and I don't think I could deal with that if that is how all battles become at some point.
Yeah, I ended up watching it earlier. Just that short section alone gave me a headache. It's too bad, the game looks great (especially running on PC), but I'll have to hold off for now.

Kinda wish I would have held off a bit on picking Control up, but I used Gamestop credit so it isn't that big of a deal. I am really enjoying Control though playing on a PS4 Pro. From what I have heard it runs pretty spotty on the standard PS4 and even worse on a standard Xbox One, probably already discussed quite a bit here but just be wary if you don't own a One X or PS4 Pro. 

Think i'll wait and get it cheaper on PC (looks amazing and seems to run well there). I have a PS4 normal so yeah no way I'm getting it anytime soon.

bread's done
Back