Restart GameFly for $1

Nothing here, but then again I cancelled my sub just two days ago so maybe I won’t get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually take advantage of this every time I get it but it’s been two years since they sent me one... :(

Went into the GameFly app and the offer is there on the top of the home tab. Didn’t plug in all my info yet but it looks like if you haven’t been active in a while you can take advantage.

I didn't get an email but yep, deal showed right up on the homepage when I logged in.

Now to wait and have slow shipping kill any desire for me to keep my sub again. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What is usually the turn around time to get a game after you request it?

Do you usually get games shortly after release?
Normally you get new releases sent to you when they come out assuming you don’t have a game out and the new release is at the top of your queue.

But it is hit and miss at times. I got Control a few days after release but never got Astral Chain.

What is usually the turn around time to get a game after you request it?

Do you usually get games shortly after release?
3-5 days is usually how long it takes a game(same for to get back and they almost never ship another game until they receive it. Only once in a while does my mail carrier actually scan the game or whatever and they ship me one as it's sent out) to get to me which is why I never stick with Gamefly. Shipping is just too slow for 22 bucks a month. But for $1 it's good deal, especially this time they shipped Daemon x Machina already, while probably get it Wednesday-Thurs. I'm not sure if that is the average or I just don't have any Gamefly warehouses very close.

Thanks OP!  Didn't get this offer the last time or two and didn't get the email this year, but it was on the site after signing in.  Sweet.

I was happy to get this offer and have already received Borderlands 3 for PS4 and they shipped out Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening so I should get it by the end of the week. Good deal!

I could see sticking with the service PURELY because the Red Box locations around me do not carry Nintendo Switch games but ONLY if they're able to consistently mail them out to me as I want them on the date of release. I doubt that will happen so I likely won't re-new after this $1 month though.

I was happy to get this offer and have already received Borderlands 3 for PS4 and they shipped out Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening so I should get it by the end of the week. Good deal!

I could see sticking with the service PURELY because the Red Box locations around me do not carry Nintendo Switch games but ONLY if they're able to consistently mail them out to me as I want them on the date of release. I doubt that will happen so I likely won't re-new after this $1 month though.
I'm actually reminded why I've never stuck with the service cause the shipping is so damn slow for me. I wanted to try this trial again to see if it's been improved on that front, but now it's been 4 days so far since my games have been shipped, and I still haven't received them yet. I'll be lucky if I'll even get 3 games.

Normally you get new releases sent to you when they come out assuming you don’t have a game out and the new release is at the top of your queue.

But it is hit and miss at times. I got Control a few days after release but never got Astral Chain.
This has changed recently. They made it, So whoever has the game the longest in the Q gets it first. Sucks that its works that way but whatever tho lol.

I'm actually reminded why I've never stuck with the service cause the shipping is so damn slow for me. I wanted to try this trial again to see if it's been improved on that front, but now it's been 4 days so far since my games have been shipped, and I still haven't received them yet. I'll be lucky if I'll even get 3 games.
Same here. Both of my games took 4-5 days to get here. On the upside my next game got shipped as soon as I sent one back instead of when they receive it, but if this is like usual they won't usually do that. Will see if it happens again with the next game I send back.

Keep in mind Gamefly is under new ownership now, and they added this feature called Gamelock, which guarantees they send you a game on release day. But you can only Gamelock one upcoming game in your queue at a time. I did this with Cyberpunk and they actually mailed it to me the day before release. Game released on Thursday and I got it the following Monday- not bad! Though I sent it right back because I didn't want to deal with all the issues and bugs.

Although even without Gamelock they always seem to send me whatever is at the top of my queue. I got Wasteland 3 and Yakuza Like a Dragon shipped on release day too. Love the service tbh, worth every penny if you are an adult gamer who likes to play a wide variety of genres. If you don't suffer from crippling FOMO and are ok with playing new games a few days after they come out instead of on day one, then it's a huge cost saver. I haven't bought a physical game in years, and I just buy indies that never get disc versions now.

Year End Sale, all with free shipping.

Marvel's Avengers for $15, both systems
Ironman VR - $15

Wombat Fav 5 game - Maneater XB price $13
Shipwreck Fav 5 game - G.I. Joe both systems, $13

Year End Sale, all with free shipping.

Marvel's Avengers for $15, both systems
Ironman VR - $15

Wombat Fav 5 game - Maneater XB price $13
Shipwreck Fav 5 game - G.I. Joe both systems, $13
Decent sale. I got Pathfinder: Kingmaker for about $7 thanks to my member coupon. That's about the max I'd pay for a great rpg that's borderline broken on ps4. But they're promising another patch in January so maybe it will be playable by then. At least I can sell the disc on eBay and probably break even otherwise.

They keep putting Darksiders Genesis on sale, and I always get so tempted but surely that will inevitably end up on PS Plus/Now soon....

bread's done
Back