GameStop Pro Day

This thread.

giphy.gif

Guess GS doesnt want my business that's the 2nd time I've tried to sign up for Pro and have my cc rejected but I have no problem using it everywhere else hmm?

if only their site weren't screwed so you can't even browse results on collectibles etc saving me some $$$ though on overwatch and fallout stuff haha
That's up there with worst website redesigns. Get rid of wishlists...check. Get rid of price drop filter...check. Only load 12 items at a time...check. Infuriate people by having to press Load More to see more items, causing them to stop browsing after 1 or 2 times...check. Lose ability to see previous orders and open preorders...check.

To quote Hulk Hogan, "That's why this company is in the position that it's in because of bullshit like this."

Last edited by a moderator:
Also $20 off LEGO DC Super Villains, The LEGO Marvel Collection and Mortal Kombat 11 Premium edition.

I’ve been waiting for The LEGO Marvel Collection to drop to $20 again so now is the perfect time for me to grab it. I recently traded in LMSH 2 waiting for this price again and got like $13 for it with the last $5 promo so it’s a win for me. I got an email saying it was cheaper for pro day and when I added it to my cart, the promo code said above ^ is what it applies for.

Guess I’ll also be scooping that here in a bit after work

Upgraded my account to PRO for this deal. PM me if you would like to borrow it for some of these deals.

You will have to check out in store for this btw!

LEGO Marvel 2 still trades in for $9.90 + $5 bonus this weekend. The collection is used for $17.09. I'll be upgrading my LM2 to the full collection with all DLC (all on-disc) for $2.19 (less than the price of the Cloak & Dagger DLC I've had my eye on for over a year)

LEGO Marvel 2 still trades in for $9.90 + $5 bonus this weekend. The collection is used for $17.09. I'll be upgrading my LM2 to the full collection with all DLC (all on-disc) for $2.19 (less than the price of the Cloak & Dagger DLC I've had my eye on for over a year)
The Collection used shows $37.99 online unless I’m missing something.

Everytime I log in, the page goes blank and I can't see any items. It will say there are X number of results but the page is always blank. Once I log out I can see the items again but not at sale price. I've tried multiple browsers. Wth.

Also do the pro day sales stack with the 3($15) for 25?

yeah I’m hoping. Want a cheap way into Xbox one games before next gen. I’d take $130 again but $100 would make me line up at store lol
I wouldn't mind picking up an S if it were a great deal. That said, I'd barely be gaming on it but at least it can also be an 4k player.

Not interested in a used console though. Too many bad experiences so not worth it for me.

You’re giving them too much credit. Their website has always chortled testicles.
It might have been barebones before, but it was functional, and did its job. Now, it's specified designed to rip people off, is literally broken and bug ridden, and is an utter mess.

When I log in, it applies the pro discount to prices up front, forcing me to have to guess whether a game is on sale, and any attempt to browse games when logged in causes it to return with a couple of games, hit load more, and it cycles through and shows nothing else. You literally cannot browse games if you are logged in. That's acceptable to gamestop, and will make it easier for them to declare bankruptcy before the ps5 launches. I'm pissed that I renewed my pro membership, because i never buy anything from thier shitty website anymore

Everytime I log in, the page goes blank and I can't see any items. It will say there are X number of results but the page is always blank. Once I log out I can see the items again but not at sale price. I've tried multiple browsers. Wth.

Also do the pro day sales stack with the 3($15) for 25?
That ended, they already switched to 4 for 20 on the $10 games. And it doesn't look like any of the games that were marked down have used prices under 10.

That ended, they already switched to 4 for 20 on the $10 games. And it doesn't look like any of the games that were marked down have used prices under 10.
Oh, in that case, it that makes this sale almost useless. Maybe I'd know if the website even loaded for me.

It might have been barebones before, but it was functional, and did its job. Now, it's specified designed to rip people off, is literally broken and bug ridden, and is an utter mess.
When I log in, it applies the pro discount to prices up front, forcing me to have to guess whether a game is on sale, and any attempt to browse games when logged in causes it to return with a couple of games, hit load more, and it cycles through and shows nothing else. You literally cannot browse games if you are logged in. That's acceptable to gamestop, and will make it easier for them to declare bankruptcy before the ps5 launches. I'm pissed that I renewed my pro membership, because i never buy anything from thier shitty website anymore
Okay, it seems like 1 out of every 3-4 posts about GS now is complaining over their website. Agree it's not great but it's starting to get annoying.

Okay, it seems like 1 out of every 3-4 posts about GS now is complaining over their website. Agree it's not great but it's starting to get annoying.
Just wait till gs dave creates a new account in a few days. He'll start acting like it's the greatest thing since sliced Bread and balance will be restored

Yeah, I agree with ya. I’m still in disbelief in just how long they left their app in disrepair. Want to scroll through a list of more than 15 games? Get ready for the list to constantly start from the top and repeat what you already looked at 20 times.

I just... I don’t know how a big company be so lazy in their infrastructure.

You think GS can go bankrupt before PS5 launches? PS5 comes out next year, or early the following year. You're more likely to go bankrupt in that time span than they are. They can post losses every quarter from now until then, close 3000 stores, and still ride it out for another decade. Unless PlayStation adopts a Game Pass-like subscription model for $9.99/mo. That would hurt GS the most.

You think GS can go bankrupt before PS5 launches? PS5 comes out next year, or early the following year. You're more likely to go bankrupt in that time span than they are. They can post losses every quarter from now until then, close 3000 stores, and still ride it out for another decade. Unless PlayStation adopts a Game Pass-like subscription model for $9.99/mo. That would hurt GS the most.
Probably not. Honestly, i don't really care. Before I signed up for elite pro on the last day it was available, i ignored gamestop. I used the last year to stock up on cheap vita, ps3 and 3ds games, and built a strong switch library with the b2g1 sales giving me an effective 46% off. And i knew I wasn't going to spend as much with the downgrade this year, but nuking the website so early in the final year for me, has really irked me. I used points to renew, but i still want to feel like i got solid value for it, before I began to ignore them again.

bread's done
Back