CAGcast #604: Podcastainment

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Borderlands 3, E3 2020 leak, Apple Arcade, and oh so much more!

Download (1 hr 18 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Harrys!
Go to HARRYS.COM/CAG to claim your special offer!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - ZHU x Bone Thugs-n-Harmony x Trombone Shorty - Hold Up, Wait a Minute
Outro - Wendy's 1980 Commercial

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already gave Cheapy shit on Twitter for his awful take on John Wick 3 (it’s awesome) but since you guys need more comments, here ya go:
Re: E3, Wombat had the only good takes 1. Handjobs (certainly would bring in more people, none of them creepy, I’m sure.) 2. This was the most boring discussion ever.
Thanks guys! ;)

I wonder how Cheapy is able to follow the story in Cobra Kai when John Wick 3 escapes him. John Wick 3 almost requires nothing of the viewer.

It's just dumb fun action connected with the weird assassin lore every movie have had until now, followed by more murdering.

That aside i do think Cheapy is right on the money when it comes to Borderlands 3. I also find the bad guys to be equally as shitty as the playable characters, literally no one in Borderlands 3 is likable.

Shipwreck might have gotten his hands on some of Pitchfords secret sauce.

To make the argument that Borderlands 3 has innovated much at all is ridiculous. A few costume customizations? No thanks. Played 3 hours with my son and we were both bored as hell. I recommend Remnant: From the Ashes. Ship is just operating on nostalgia, which is often the case.

I keep forgetting that CheapyD was in Japan for quite a while, that he missed the rise of 2016 syndication staples Bones and House. Get him started on Parks and Recreation and Community and the Office tho.

Hey guys. Long time listener started back at #1 dropped off somewhere before 100 but came back and didn't skip one yet.  I had a drought of podcasts but the last year I've been doing probably 3 a week, I'm in 582 tonight.  Just commenting cause you've said you are lacking feedback recently... Well I don't know.... guess I'll have more to say once I'm back to hearing them live that week. Congrats on 600+

Totally agree with Wombat. That E3 discussion was really boring. Back in the day when we only had magazines for our E3 coverage, it felt special and unique. An exclusive showing of all the upcoming video games. Now, E3 just feels like a week long trailer dump. Whether or not these trailers and announcements come from the actual expo, or from streams and private events doesn't even matter. It all ends up as a video on YouTube. At this point, I'd say E3's best chance of survival is fully embracing the consumer experience instead of trying to maintain that old idea of it being an expo for industry insiders.

Having Shipwreck talk about Borderlands 3 is completely pointless. He's so in the tank for the game that he can't even have a normal discussion. I appreciate Cheapy trying at least.

Hey Cheapy,  I had issues with Racoons as well, I installed a big ass amazon motion sensing floodlight and it definitely helped.  Also be very careful disposing of Racoon poop, because it can contain Roundworm which can have pretty severe effects on humans.

Wombat during this episode: "I'm sure I'll finish season 2 (of Mindhunter)."

Cheapy: "I think you're going to enjoy the rest of the season."

Wombat on Twitter today: "Just finished ep.4 of season 2 of Mindhunter. I think I'm out."

Well done gentlemen, well done.

I really don’t see the appeal of Borderlands. It’s a fundamentally shallow game that gets by with lots of loot. Maybe Gearbox needs to scam some more money from Sega so that they can fund some development. Investment in developing more of a story would be good.

I’m watching S2E2 of Titans. It’s so bad. Why is everything so damn dark? Would it kill them to not color grade every scene to near monochromatic levels? Is there no sun? And they didn’t do a single heroic thing in season 1. They dealt with their own problems and occasionally beat up some cops. If they ever turn the Edgelord dial down from 11, it could be good.

I had forwarded that Diners ep to my Cincy brother, so it was funny to hear the discussion here.

Hey guys, another week another great show. And before Cheapy says I'm being sarcastic, I'm not!

Regarding Borderlands 3 and the topic of reviews, sorry Ship but Gearbox obviously care about what people say or think about them. I can see them not caring about review "scores" per say because there's an obvious customer base built into the game. But they gave up the ghost when they told Giant Bomb that because of their tone of their e3 coverage they wouldn't be receiving the game for review. 

Honestly the whole Borderlands 3 aesthetic is so off putting. I absolutely LOVED the first game, enjoyed the Pre-Sequel even. But I'm almost 30 now, and everything around B3, the fans, the jokes, Pitchford, the edge-lord nature of the whole thing is gross. Glad you're enjoying it Ship but I wish I felt like I could enjoy it too. 

Sorry for the long reply Wombat! 

bread's done
Back