* * * * - 3 votes

Target Cartwheel Deals September 22nd - 28th: R.I.P. Cartwheel

#31 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:28 AM

Thanks OP for all your work.

#32 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:03 AM

Cartwheel was dead to me the moment they drilled it into their employees heads that price matching and cartwheel wasn't allowed. On the plus side, anyone know about those stupid shirts Target employees wear that says "I can teach you how to cartwheel"? Now all those shirts are headed for the furnace and that's a pretty penny out of Target's pocket.

#33 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:42 AM

Cartwheel was dead to me the moment they drilled it into their employees heads that price matching and cartwheel wasn't allowed. On the plus side, anyone know about those stupid shirts Target employees wear that says "I can teach you how to cartwheel"? Now all those shirts are headed for the furnace and that's a pretty penny out of Target's pocket.

They'll probably end up at Goodwill. I've seen older Target uniforms and exclusive DVDs and CDs showing up there before. Some even have the Target clearance stickers on them still.

#34 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2967 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:46 PM

Cartwheel was dead to me the moment they drilled it into their employees heads that price matching and cartwheel wasn't allowed.

Which, you know, was their policy. I mean I took advantage of stacking as much as the next person but it was policy.

On the plus side, anyone know about those stupid shirts Target employees wear that says "I can teach you how to cartwheel"? Now all those shirts are headed for the furnace and that's a pretty penny out of Target's pocket.

Target seems fine with blowing through their T Shirt budget for their employees. There are all sorts of shirts for events like Star Wars toy launches, LEGO demonstrations...most recent example is the 20 Years of Design clothing launch. Some shirts you can wear forever, while others -like the aforementioned '20 Years' line-, they are only allowed to wear for a few weeks. The employees can keep them though (yay, right? 🙄) but can't wear them or do as they please with them outside of work.

#35 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15153 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, thanks to these threads I got quite a few PM's with coupon. Guess they finally got tired of my shit lol.

#36 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:37 AM

Which, you know, was their policy. I mean I took ada a rage of stacking as much as the next person but it was policy.

I don't understand why everyone says this. It's like you guys are robots or something. I have a policy too, you know. Why is Target's policy of "no stacking" more important than my policy of "f.uck you, give me deals!" Okay? Target's policy doesn't outweigh my policy.

#37 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

Today only is a Cartwheel for 40% Off Halloween Candy. Might be worth going in to see what they have. Last week, my store still hadn't put out any Halloween stuff yet.

#38 squidboy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

squidboy

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:17 PM

Today only is a Cartwheel for 40% Off Halloween Candy. Might be worth going in to see what they have. Last week, my store still hadn't put out any Halloween stuff yet.

It's for special bags that are priced $19.99 and $15.99 before discount. (Just clarifying before people rush to pick up their favorites.) The bag they show looks like it weighs 4 lbs 2 oz. 

I think Cartwheel threads are where about 90% of my posts go. See what Circle offers. Do we really have a full week with no discounts? I can feel the withdrawal already. 

#39 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:37 PM

It's for special bags that are priced $19.99 and $15.99 before discount. (Just clarifying before people rush to pick up their favorites.) The bag they show looks like it weighs 4 lbs 2 oz. 

I think Cartwheel threads are where about 90% of my posts go. See what Circle offers. Do we really have a full week with no discounts? I can feel the withdrawal already.

Thanks for the clarification about the candy. If you mean Video Game discounts, it's looking that way. Unfortunately. If you mean a whole week between Cartwheel being over and Circle starting up. I'm under the impression that Circle will start up this Sunday. Since September is a shorter month. My Target app already let me sign up for Circle. I don't know if they did that first for Red Card users, or if they are doing it for everybody. But, it shows me as a Target Circle member.

#40 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:07 AM

Little bit of an update. A few new deals were added to Cartwheel that go until October 3rd. Not sure if that's the official end date of Cartwheel, and the true beginning of Circle. Or, if Target is keeping Cartwheel alive, and just changing the name. Every article that I have read, including an official Target email that I received about Circle, said that it would be replacing Cartwheel in October. I will possibly post one final Cartwheel thread next week, if any game deals pop up, but as far as I know. Cartwheel is dead, and this week is it's last big hurrah.

#41 rjejr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   551 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:26 PM

Thanks OP. I'm not in here much, and I had read about Cartwheel and Circle - I've been in Circle in my app for maybe 6 months now - but this really makes it hit home. I've saved over $500 in Cartwheel according to the app - mostly food, I do a lot of grocery shopping there - but I've saved a few $ on game stuff as well. And I always use my Target Red card there for the 5% - $350 CC bill every month, see "food shopping" - so I don't think Circle is really going to help me out at all. Unless... unless Circle still keeps getting the same %off deals as Cartwheel and they are really just changing the name, as you just speculated.  

Guess we'll know in a week or so, I'll eb on here, and in the app, every day until then at least.

But do yourself a favor and get some sleep, ti's good for you. :-

#42 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:00 PM

30% Off Halloween Costumes (Expires September 28th)
Posting this, because it includes video game themed costumes like Super Mario, Skylanders, and Fortnite. Your store costume selection may vary.

#43 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13211 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:11 PM

Little bit of an update. A few new deals were added to Cartwheel that go until October 3rd. Not sure if that's the official end date of Cartwheel, and the true beginning of Circle. Or, if Target is keeping Cartwheel alive, and just changing the name. Every article that I have read, including an official Target email that I received about Circle, said that it would be replacing Cartwheel in October. I will possibly post one final Cartwheel thread next week, if any game deals pop up, but as far as I know. Cartwheel is dead, and this week is it's last big hurrah.

A couple of my saved Cartwheel coupons go until November.  If they are killing off CW in October I guess they will be killing these coupons early.

#44 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:54 PM

I took advantage of 20% off apparel and 40% off of MIB International this week.

#45 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:25 PM

the circle website says they are still doing coupons and offers and nothing is changing but the name?

Cartwheel™ is rollinginto Target Circle

On October 6th, Cartwheel offers will become Target Circle offers. You’ll still have access to hundreds of deals—they’ll just have a new name.

#46 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15153 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:27 PM

Awesome then, keep the ball rolling; I need a deal on Ghost Recon ehe.

#47 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:50 PM

https://circle.target.com/ All of the official info is here. October 6th appears to be the official launch date. They are keeping Cartwheel, but changing the name. It does say that Circle deals will only be 5%-50% off. Which is a shame. As Cartwheel deals could go anywhere from 5% off to 80% off most of the time. And, extremely rarely up to 90% off on certain items. It will be interesting to see if they still keep the wallet coupons separate, or if those just become Circle deals as well.

#48 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:15 AM

Waiting to see if any gaming deals will pop up. If not, it seems like most new deals end on the 3rd for some weird reason. The 3rd is a Thursday. But, Circle isn't fully taking over until the 6th. So, they may be using those three days as a buffer to fully Switch over to Circle in all of their stores.

#49 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:15 PM

Exclusive Cartwheel/Circle coupons should start appearing in your Target apps today. Nothing really exciting in mine. There is a coupon for 15% off an exercise bike, and 20% off men's deodorant, along with a few other things. I guess it's based on the stuff that you normally buy, and it's under the "For You" section of the Cartwheel area in the Target App.
  • bhk likes this

#50 rjejr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   551 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:50 PM

Got my "Cartwheel is becoming Circle" email yesterday.

So as we thought, it is less going away, more getting a name change. 

Which is good. 

#51 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:27 PM

Got my "Cartwheel is becoming Circle" email yesterday.

So as we thought, it is less going away, more getting a name change. 

Which is good.

It's changing a little. Discounts will only range from 5 to 50% off. Instead of how Cartwheel was, where you could see some items for up to 80% off sometimes. And, it's also going to send people "exclusive" coupons based on what they buy. But, pretty much the same.

#52 JustinSaneV2  

JustinSaneV2

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:56 PM

bullshit, gs is worth billions. they're not going anywhere other than closing lower performing stores.

GameStop net worth as of September 27, 2019 is $0.48B

https://www.macrotre...estop/net-worth

The lowest it's been since at least February of 2005.  Not to mention their operating income has been tanking hard since last October.  Closing stores will help that but it's still not a good sign.