* * * - - 7 votes

Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

#271 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3283 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:50 PM

What's a sd peep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soulless bastards who would prefer getting chat reps fired so they can buy 2 switch lites for $200 over interacting with another human being with any shred of integrity.

We have a few of those types here, actually. But we like to pretend that we're better folk than sd peeps on the whole.

#272 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:51 PM

Yyyoooo that's insane lol

#273 Senator Bardock  

Senator Bardock

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:23 PM

Did anyone who got the back ordered email about dragon quest ask to get it changed for store pickup

#274 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15033 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:38 PM

Yyyoooo that's insane lol

Another convert haha. Nobody is losing their job over this, otherwise they'd fire the entire staff that has allowed this for days. Do whatever you need to do regardless of the moral police here that think their holier-than-thou way of life is higher ground. At the end of the day, you only answer to yourself and that's your god damn right.

#275 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:43 PM

Another convert haha. Nobody is losing their job over this, otherwise they'd fire the entire staff that has allowed this for days. Do whatever you need to do regardless of the moral police here that think their holier-than-thou way of life is higher ground. At the end of the day, you only answer to yourself and that's your god damn right.

Couldn’t agree more, people acting all high and mighty over someone else getting a better deal than them but you know at the end of the day if they could do the same thing they probably would

#276 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15033 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:49 PM

Couldn’t agree more, people acting all high and mighty over someone else getting a better deal than them but you know at the end of the day if they could do the same thing they probably would

I get where people come from, everyone is raised different or has different values. It's when they impose those on others; that's why religion is a disease to me. Holding it above people like they'll have to answer for their deeds. Get over yourselves. . .

#277 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4075 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:56 PM

I can confirm that at least in Rockville, MD I was able to do the deal in store. Told the associate at electronics tonight about the promo and even told him about it being on CAG--I think he actually checked the thread on here to confirm! His workaround was to give me half off each of the games (Link and Mario Tennis Aces). He also said he didn't think the other associate would have done it for me, so this is most likely YMMV, but at least it is some confirmation of it working in the wild.

(I forgot to get the associate's name, but if you are out there, you rock.)

Pm sent

#278 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:13 PM

I'm seeing a lot of codes for links awakening coming up for sale on here. Was this error original for a digital code ?

#279 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5452 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:22 PM

I'm seeing a lot of codes for links awakening coming up for sale on here. Was this error original for a digital code ?

It switched over to digital only when physical stock ran out, so probably.

#280 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

Was able to do the B1G1 10 minutes ago. Keep trying CAG! Its still alive!

#281 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:38 PM

Was able to do the B1G1 10 minutes ago. Keep trying CAG! Its still alive!

2cb3424459576337c037ebd80ca5636f.jpg

#282 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:49 PM

Soulless bastards who would prefer getting chat reps fired so they can buy 2 switch lites for $200 over interacting with another human being with any shred of integrity.

We have a few of those types here, actually. But we like to pretend that we're better folk than sd peeps on the whole.

This sounds like it was written by an SJ (aka, Super Jealous).

#283 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

Did anyone who got the back ordered email about dragon quest ask to get it changed for store pickup

YMMV

Somebody on SD said they were given a $10 gift card for the delay.

I asked them to change mine to pickup, and they said they can't, but they can cancel the old order (refunding me $30+tax on that order since I already picked up LA), and then adjust a new order with the same discount. 

#284 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:14 PM

This sounds like it was written by an SJ (aka, Super Jealous).

😂😂😂

#285 J720K  

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:14 AM

I was only charged about $33 for astral chain but not yet for Luigi's mansion 3. So I'm not supposed to get charged for LM3 yet until it releases right?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#286 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:18 AM

Raked it in on this glitch. Finally was around for something! I scooped up Astral, Link, Luigi’s, Sword, Smash, Bayo 2, Octo, and Ni No Kuni

#287 Meepo  

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:37 AM

I was only charged about $33 for astral chain but not yet for Luigi's mansion 3. So I'm not supposed to get charged for LM3 yet until it releases right?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes, this is correct.

#288 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:51 AM

How do i get the target email? I added the game to my cart? Maybe i have unsubscribed from target emails?

#289 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:21 PM

Great deal for me. I was able to get 3X Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion, Daemon X Machina, and Kirby Star Allies. I sold 2x Link's Awakening locally for $50 each, and I returned the last copy to Target for Dragon Quest. Daemon X Machina should be delivered soon, and I'll get Luigi's Mansion at the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

#290 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:27 PM

Great deal for me. I was able to get 3X Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion, Daemon X Machina, and Kirby Star Allies. I sold 2x Link's Awakening locally for $50 each, and I returned the last copy to Target for Dragon Quest. Daemon X Machina should be delivered soon, and I'll get Luigi's Mansion at the end of the month.

So basically you got three good games (and they were all Links Awakening).

#291 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:28 PM

So basically you got three good games (and they were all Links Awakening).

DQ 11 is not good?

#292 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:29 PM

I'll buy anyone's DQ for $30 if available

#293 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:18 PM

I'll buy anyone's DQ for $30 if available

Good luck with that one, cowboy.  I'd wager that those that were able to capitalize on this deal (getting DQ as one of the titles) aren't interested in selling it at 'cost' when they could offload it at much higher value, closer to MSRP.  That is, providing that they're interested in selling in the first place. 

Personally, selling was not a consideration as I picked up four games that I plan to play and keep. 

#294 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:19 PM

Yeah I posted that in terms of possibility not probability lol

#295 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:29 PM

Yeah I posted that in terms of possibility not probability lol

#296 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:37 PM

Good luck with that one, cowboy. I'd wager that those that were able to capitalize on this deal (getting DQ as one of the titles) aren't interested in selling it at 'cost' when they could offload it at much higher value, closer to MSRP. That is, providing that they're interested in selling in the first place.

Personally, selling was not a consideration as I picked up four games that I plan to play and keep.

Exactly! I have Link's Awakening Collector's Edition in the mail so I didn't need another copy of it. Switch games hardly drop in price so I was happy to pick up those games with this deal.

#297 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   745 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:45 AM

They messed up my shipments and I ended up with 3 copies of Links awakening for the price of one.
Now what to do with them all lol

#298 Senator Bardock  

Senator Bardock

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:20 AM

Meanwhile I am still waiting for dragon quest to ship

#299 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:52 PM

Mine is "backordered". I hope it ships.  I think it will. One thing to watch for with target backorders is that they sometimes send out an email with an updated ship date and  a button you need to click to indicate you still want the item.  I have had a few things cancelled because I did not see the email and ended up having my item get cancelled. 

I'm guessing with this email BOGO kerfuffle, they probably ran out of their initial DQXI allotment and are just waiting to get some more in 

#300 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:18 PM

A good number of stores around me have it for pickup. I suggest getting on chat and asking to change to pickup. If they say no then ask if they can make a new order for pickup and cancel the old one. Before you do it, tell them you had a discount and would like to keep it.

Worked for me very well for me