* * * - - 7 votes

Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

#391 metaphysicalstyles   Boo this man. CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

metaphysicalstyles

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:26 PM

This deal brings a tear to my eye as well. Been on CAG since 2007, and recall all the amazing opportunities to return products to stores which effectively made getting things for free. Good 'ol days for sure.

These days it's a challenge to return an unopened 2-litre of Sprite two minutes after checkout because you mistakenly bought full-test instead of diet.

#392 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:52 PM

I successfully exchanged my 2nd copy of LA for DQXI.

Unfortunately the U.N. considers return fraud a crime against humanity and I am now an international criminal. I cant step foot in seven countries without my immediate arrest.

#393 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6574 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:08 PM

This deal brings a tear to my eye as well. Been on CAG since 2007, and recall all the amazing opportunities to return products to stores which effectively made getting things for free. Good 'ol days for sure.
These days it's a challenge to return an unopened 2-litre of Sprite two minutes after checkout because you mistakenly bought full-test instead of diet.

Probably due to all that return fraud done before... Just a guess though.

I don't think most care that anyone does it but eventually doing those things makes things worst for us all. Just like when Walmart and Target stopped doing trade ins or when Walmart stopped doing PMs as loosely as they did. It hurts us all in the end.

#394 Flightwhite24  

Flightwhite24

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:15 PM

Found out about this deal yesterday on this site and went into Target yesterday and showed them a photo of the ad and to my shock they price-matched the deal.  Walked out with 2 copies of Links Awakening.  Not really interested in this game so I will just trade straight up on my local Offer Up/ Facebook Marketplace for the titles that I really want.

#395 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8355 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:27 PM

Found out about this deal yesterday on this site and went into Target yesterday and showed them a photo of the ad and to my shock they price-matched the deal. Walked out with 2 copies of Links Awakening. Not really interested in this game so I will just trade straight up on my local Offer Up/ Facebook Marketplace for the titles that I really want.

I'm surprised they let you do it. Good luck selling locally. I was able to sell off two copies, and I returned the last copy to Target for Dragon Quest XI Definitive Edition.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

#396 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

I've determined that I don't like this thread and I don't like any of you. I am going to best buy today to spend $65 on this damn game :shock:

#397 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:55 PM

I've determined that I don't like this thread and I don't like any of you. I am going to best buy today to spend $65 on this damn game :shock:

You can go to Walmart and get it for $49.94.

#398 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:59 PM

You can go to Walmart and get it for $49.94.

oh thats right.....forgot about that. Price match hopefully at BB

#399 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:59 PM

I still have the 3 copies they sent me. Havent gotten around to posting them yet.

#400 speed12sil   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

speed12sil

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:32 PM

Is this deal still going on?

#401 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1050 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:35 PM

Is this deal still going on?

Yes. Go try it.