* * * - - 7 votes

Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

#31 jax4ever2  

jax4ever2

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:11 AM

It was a mistake because the email was supposed to say buy 1 get 1 free promotional pin, but the last two words got cut off in the email thumbnail

#32 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1235 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:11 AM

Yes, somebody made a mistake LETS MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT ARRRRRRRGH!  And then, lets hound the poor CS reps through chat, phone, and in-store when they try to explain it was a mistake and DEMAND they honor it...and then contact multiple reps until they do! 

No, no they don't need to be honored, and no they don't owe us anything.  If it was truly a mistake, which by all accounts so far it seems to have been, just let it go.  It's easy, just go "huh, sucks they made a mistake, but I'm going to decide to not make their reps lives more horrible than they already are by not being a douche and hounding them about it".  It's very easy...just let it go...

Actual deals are few and far between these days and Target isn't hurting by honoring this. Just let people have this moment.

#33 paul6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:27 AM

By tomorrow they'll have a new internal policy of never granting refunds like this.

#34 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:28 AM

Denied right away...........they are well aware of the glitch:)

#35 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:40 AM

I just got off chat. My chat rep had me order two items, pay in full, then they sent a refund via payment reversal of 50% of the total. 

LOZ and Astral Chain to be picked up tomorrow and the refund will be back in my account in a day or two.

#36 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:56 AM

hmmm shall i try again? :)

#37 kV Snake   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

kV Snake

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:59 AM

I just got off chat. My chat rep had me order two items, pay in full, then they sent a refund via payment reversal of 50% of the total. 
LOZ and Astral Chain to be picked up tomorrow and the refund will be back in my account in a day or two.

This is literally the same thing that happened to me with astral chain and everything. Just did it now. I already got refunded for me Astral. I used what an earlier poster said

“No, It was for a free game. According to the email, It was a buy one, get one on the game. I had a friend that had the store honor the same deal as well, with a $10 giftcard for ordering instore pick up””

Awesome deal

#38 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:08 AM

Denied again:) I must not have the touch

#39 Ez with the hardware   I miss the Day of Defeat days... CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Ez with the hardware

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:16 AM

Took an hour of the manager on the phone with the CS reps but got 2 copies, two sets of the Link/Mirin pins, and a $10 gift card. My total came up to $58.84.

#40 Ez with the hardware   I miss the Day of Defeat days... CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Ez with the hardware

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:17 AM

that's what he had me do too.

#41 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:23 AM

Took an hour of the manager on the phone with the CS reps but got 2 copies, two sets of the Link/Mirin pins, and a $10 gift card. My total came up to $58.84.

So you went into the store and the manager called? I am confused

#42 Ez with the hardware   I miss the Day of Defeat days... CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Ez with the hardware

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:31 AM

So you went into the store and the manager called? I am confused

Yep. I went to the store, showed the manager the email pic on my phone, she then looked on her phone/tablet thing and it only showed a free pin set. She then called the service rep number where a guy told her it was a mistake but to honor it (he said they've had multiple issues of people calling and their management team said to honor the deal). She handed me the phone and he told me to buy 2 copies on the Target app, give him the order number, and he made the total half off. I still had to wait 20 min for the order to go through so I could pick the games up.

#43 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:35 AM

Yep. I went to the store, showed the manager the email pic on my phone, she then looked on her phone/tablet thing and it only showed a free pin set. She then called the service rep number where a guy told her it was a mistake but to honor it (he said they've had multiple issues of people calling and their management team said to honor the deal). She handed me the phone and he told me to buy 2 copies on the Target app, give him the order number, and he made the total half off. I still had to wait 20 min for the order to go through so I could pick the games up.

Good stuff.....thanks for the details. Congrats on the deal.

#44 anarchyburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1296 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

anarchyburger

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:13 AM

After 3-4 chats, I got them to honor it for me. They are very aware of it and reluctant to help. One of the reps told me to ignore the email, and there was nothing she can do for me; rude! Lol.

They made me do the order and refunded me $60. I already had two copies of LA in my cart otherwise I would have changed it to Yoshi or something else. I did the in store pick so it comes with $10 gift card as well. I’ll probably sell it to a friend, or return / exchange the extra copy. Not too shabby, thanks for the info

#45 Nelo Ice   Same CAGiversary!   3881 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:18 AM

If anyone is selling an extra copy of LA, i'll pay $30 for it.

#46 Tribrow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:30 AM

If anyone who got the deal is looking to sell their extra copy of Link's Awakening send me a message with your asking price.

#47 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5223 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:43 AM

Just worked for me. Second call. First guy knew what was up, but the second guy tried to escelate it and it worked. 10 minutes of work and I'll have LoZ and Octopath Traveler waiting for me shortly. Might sub out Octopath for MUA3 though.

#48 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   770 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:46 AM

Just worked for me. Second call. First guy knew what was up, but the second guy tried to escelate it and it worked. 10 minutes of work and I'll have LoZ and Octopath Traveler waiting for me shortly. Might sub out Octopath for MUA3 though.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

#49 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5087 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:59 AM

So how does one swap the games after the order has been placed for in-store pick up? Just return and exchange?

#50 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:07 AM

If anyone who got the deal is looking to sell their extra copy of Link's Awakening send me a message with your asking price.

Ditto!!! I only want link's awakening since my Best Buy store pickup order for the dreamer edition is still not fulfilled. Hook us up:)

#51 Fat Pigeon 007   Cheap Ass Pigeon CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Fat Pigeon 007

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:17 AM

I never get in on these things but just gave it a try and it actually worked out. Thanks for the post TS ;)

#52 tonyvx  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:26 AM

Trying to unload that second set of pins?

#53 Chimeratwin  

Chimeratwin

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:39 AM

Update* picked up my game, used the gift card on Fire Emblem, and got the last set of free Links Awakening pins.

#54 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:45 AM

Just placed ab order for delivery myself while on phone w customer service. She was hesitant but I argued my case and she price adjusted for me :)

#55 jaide   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:53 AM

Funny online chat seems to be down or not connecting any new chats at the moment.

#56 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5087 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:05 AM

Funny online chat seems to be down or not connecting any new chats at the moment.

Keep refreshing until it connects (just click the Chat button over and over without closing the pop out) ... Mention email, when they say no - mention your friend got the deal by calling in, mention your redcard ... Buy 2 games, get refunded ... Get 2 games, 1 $10 GC, 2 pin sets ... Profit?

#57 jaide   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:08 AM

Keep refreshing until it connects (just click the Chat button over and over without closing the pop out) ... Mention email, when they say no - mention your friend got the deal by calling in, mention your redcard ... Buy 2 games, get refunded ... Get 2 games, 1 $10 GC, 2 pin sets ... Profit?

Good advice, I'm just not sure I have the energy for it all.

#58 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAG in Training   46 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:00 AM

Yes, somebody made a mistake LETS MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT ARRRRRRRGH! And then, lets hound the poor CS reps through chat, phone, and in-store when they try to explain it was a mistake and DEMAND they honor it...and then contact multiple reps until they do!

No, no they don't need to be honored, and no they don't owe us anything. If it was truly a mistake, which by all accounts so far it seems to have been, just let it go. It's easy, just go "huh, sucks they made a mistake, but I'm going to decide to not make their reps lives more horrible than they already are by not being a douche and hounding them about it". It's very easy...just let it go...

Translation: Tried to get the deal but got denied.

#59 jedivulcan   TARDIS REPAIR DRONE CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

jedivulcan

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:04 AM

I just tried it and the first rep I chatted with said they'd honor it and take the $59.99 off for the second game when I pick it up at the store. 

#60 1NintendoFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   718 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

1NintendoFan

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for posting! I decided to give it a try. It took several attempts just to get chat to work but I had a fantastic rep who said it was a mistake before I basically even asked my question but then said they valued customers like me and he would honor it. He was quick and took care of everything. I decided to pre order Luigi’s mansion so I couldn’t get the $10 but then he gave me a gift card anyway. Not sure if I’m keeping Zelda or not as I haven’t looked at the game much and Zelda usually isn’t my style. But I am happy to have Luigi coming my way! Thanks again!