Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Saw this at Slickdeals. Apparently Target sent an email to their customers about this Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Zelda Link's Awakening or any Switch games plus you get a $10 giftcard as well so check your email if you got one.

In-store only.

Note: Reports on slickdeals you can also do this too with an online chat rep.

8411059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This legit works. The first person I chatted with told me to place an order and refunded me $59.99. And they gave me a $10 gift card.

Even if you didn't receive the email? What did you tell/show the rep?
I told them I got an email about a b1g1 for Link's Awakening and that it doesn't work when I try to order it. The rep seemed to know all about it. They said it was an in-store promotion only (it's not btw, it's a mistake) but they would honor it anyway because they want to keep customers happy.

I told them I got an email about a b1g1 for Link's Awakening and that it doesn't work when I try to order it. The rep seemed to know all about it. They said it was an in-store promotion only (it's not btw, it's a mistake) but they would honor it anyway because they want to keep customers happy.
Wow, that's awesome. I never have luck with stuff like this. Congrats on a great deal.

The Target chat agent just did this for me. He seemed to know about this deal but also said some things that suggested he didn't know about the deal, but he made the adjustment without any hesitation whatsoever. Is the $10 gift card from the buy $100 for in-store pickup and get $10? Because that gift card is still part of my order even after the price adjustment.

I just got shot down. I probably waited too long. 

Edit: The 2nd rep went for it no problem. It had to be a store pickup. It also still got me the $10 gift card due to it originally being over $100 lol. But, due to that, they only refunded me $50.

So for $64 I got two copies of the game and a $10 gift card. Not too shabby at all. 

Did the same some hours ago. Apparently it was supposed to be a deal (based on my CSR) but was scrapped. Since emails were sent out some are honoring it but it'll likely be shut down before long.

Worked for me when I saw it on SD this morning. I ordered two Zeldas, but apparently people were able to get other games like fire emblem or pokemon sword as their free game.

Just tried it and got denied.

I might try it again and see if I get a different rep.

EDIT: Tried again and the rep told me it was a in-store promotion only and I would have to go to the store for the deal. After reading others who tried in-store, I don't think it will work.

Wouldn’t they just try to refund and then sell you the new game? Do you ask for a straight exchange?

I feel like some employees would give u a problem
I haven't done it yet, but in the past I've exchanged games from the B2G1 promotion with no problem at all. I'm just assuming the same thing would apply here as long as you choose games of the same value.

You always risk running into a junior detective though so YMMV.

I just got the deal, but I'm certain the gift card is the one from in-store pickup of over $100. I don't have any targets near me, so I couldn't get it.

So, I did not get the exact deal, but something similar. The chat rep basically said it's not a real deal, but they gave me a $60 giftcard when I placed the order. So no extra $10 gift card, but still basically a buy one get one. They even added the tax onto the giftcard. 

Here's a portion of the Chat transcript.

"Me: No, It was for a free game. According to the email, It was a buy one, get one on the game. I had a friend that had the store honor the same deal as well, with a $10 giftcard for ordering instore pick up

REP: Alright I am sorry that this is not a real promotion so what I can do is if you purchase the item in store or online I can offer you a Target Gift Card for the Free item but I can not add a $10 gift card.

REP: So that's a $60 Gift Card with a purchase as a one time courtesy.

PLEASE don't be like the Slickdeals scum and abuse this.  It was CLEARLY a mistake, just let it go.  And please, PLEASE for the love of gamers worldwide if you do decide to call/chat and they deny you don't try and push it.  They don't owe us anything for what was clearly a mistake...

I didn't buy it directly as I was in class but I sent this to my sister and she was able to get the deal after talking with a chat rep online.

She said he knew about the deal and that they were having difficulty with it being put into the system so they have to manually discount it. She ordered Link's Awakening and Fire Emblem first and then gave him the order number.

Total is $64 (with red card) as well as a $10 gift card. Some people seemed to have to try with multiple reps before getting the deal, so if you're willing, you can definitely try it.

PLEASE don't be like the Slickdeals scum and abuse this. It was CLEARLY a mistake, just let it go. And please, PLEASE for the love of gamers worldwide if you do decide to call/chat and they deny you don't try and push it. They don't owe us anything for what was clearly a mistake...
Mistakes need to be honoured. No reason to let it go. Target loses nothing.

Mistakes need to be honoured. No reason to let it go. Target loses nothing.
Yes, somebody made a mistake LETS MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT ARRRRRRRGH! And then, lets hound the poor CS reps through chat, phone, and in-store when they try to explain it was a mistake and DEMAND they honor it...and then contact multiple reps until they do!

No, no they don't need to be honored, and no they don't owe us anything. If it was truly a mistake, which by all accounts so far it seems to have been, just let it go. It's easy, just go "huh, sucks they made a mistake, but I'm going to decide to not make their reps lives more horrible than they already are by not being a douche and hounding them about it". It's very easy...just let it go...

Got it with the first chat rep. Two copies of LOZ: Link's Awakening for $64.49 is one good ass deal. The rep that i spoke with is Diona if that helps. The process was quick and easy. 

Was able able to get a rep that advised she was aware of this error. Adviced first that it was in store only, but she would honor the email which is great! I actually recieved an email for this so it's great when stores honor what they say(even if it was a mistake).

It’s a glitch in Target’s email system. I got the same email for something else that was a buy one, get one (of another lesser value item) free.

It was a mistake because the email was supposed to say buy 1 get 1 free promotional pin, but the last two words got cut off in the email thumbnail

Yes, somebody made a mistake LETS MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT ARRRRRRRGH! And then, lets hound the poor CS reps through chat, phone, and in-store when they try to explain it was a mistake and DEMAND they honor it...and then contact multiple reps until they do!

No, no they don't need to be honored, and no they don't owe us anything. If it was truly a mistake, which by all accounts so far it seems to have been, just let it go. It's easy, just go "huh, sucks they made a mistake, but I'm going to decide to not make their reps lives more horrible than they already are by not being a douche and hounding them about it". It's very easy...just let it go...
Actual deals are few and far between these days and Target isn't hurting by honoring this. Just let people have this moment.

I just got off chat. My chat rep had me order two items, pay in full, then they sent a refund via payment reversal of 50% of the total. 

LOZ and Astral Chain to be picked up tomorrow and the refund will be back in my account in a day or two.

I just got off chat. My chat rep had me order two items, pay in full, then they sent a refund via payment reversal of 50% of the total.
LOZ and Astral Chain to be picked up tomorrow and the refund will be back in my account in a day or two.

This is literally the same thing that happened to me with astral chain and everything. Just did it now. I already got refunded for me Astral. I used what an earlier poster said

“No, It was for a free game. According to the email, It was a buy one, get one on the game. I had a friend that had the store honor the same deal as well, with a $10 giftcard for ordering instore pick up””

Awesome deal

Took an hour of the manager on the phone with the CS reps but got 2 copies, two sets of the Link/Mirin pins, and a $10 gift card. My total came up to $58.84.

So you went into the store and the manager called? I am confused
Yep. I went to the store, showed the manager the email pic on my phone, she then looked on her phone/tablet thing and it only showed a free pin set. She then called the service rep number where a guy told her it was a mistake but to honor it (he said they've had multiple issues of people calling and their management team said to honor the deal). She handed me the phone and he told me to buy 2 copies on the Target app, give him the order number, and he made the total half off. I still had to wait 20 min for the order to go through so I could pick the games up.

Yep. I went to the store, showed the manager the email pic on my phone, she then looked on her phone/tablet thing and it only showed a free pin set. She then called the service rep number where a guy told her it was a mistake but to honor it (he said they've had multiple issues of people calling and their management team said to honor the deal). She handed me the phone and he told me to buy 2 copies on the Target app, give him the order number, and he made the total half off. I still had to wait 20 min for the order to go through so I could pick the games up.
Good stuff.....thanks for the details. Congrats on the deal.

After 3-4 chats, I got them to honor it for me. They are very aware of it and reluctant to help. One of the reps told me to ignore the email, and there was nothing she can do for me; rude! Lol.

They made me do the order and refunded me $60. I already had two copies of LA in my cart otherwise I would have changed it to Yoshi or something else. I did the in store pick so it comes with $10 gift card as well. I’ll probably sell it to a friend, or return / exchange the extra copy. Not too shabby, thanks for the info

If anyone who got the deal is looking to sell their extra copy of Link's Awakening send me a message with your asking price.

Just worked for me. Second call. First guy knew what was up, but the second guy tried to escelate it and it worked. 10 minutes of work and I'll have LoZ and Octopath Traveler waiting for me shortly. Might sub out Octopath for MUA3 though.

Just worked for me. Second call. First guy knew what was up, but the second guy tried to escelate it and it worked. 10 minutes of work and I'll have LoZ and Octopath Traveler waiting for me shortly. Might sub out Octopath for MUA3 though.
This is why we can’t have nice things.

bread's done
Back