* * * - - 7 votes

Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

#151 IAMSAM34  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:37 PM

Thanks, was able the deal

#152 AltererSyl  

AltererSyl

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:02 PM

Trying to get another order, but no luck so far. The reps I've talked to all seem to know what's going on now. If anyone wants to try in-store, here's a pic of one of my reps telling me that the b1g1 is an in-store promotion:

https://imgur.com/a/3zWVcGF

I'd try it myself, but there's no targets around here. :(

#153 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:19 PM

Anyone notice their invoice online? The promotional gift card is actually being charged to us

#154 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5438 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:27 PM

Anyone notice their invoice online? The promotional gift card is actually being charged to us

I think that’s standard, it’s so you can’t return the other stuff and just keep the giftcard.

#155 srac84  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:33 PM

looks like they pulled the game off targets site hahah

#156 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:40 PM

looks like they pulled the game off targets site hahah

It's been OOS for most of the day.

#157 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:45 PM

They just hooked me up with a Luigi and a sword. ✊🏻

#158 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:54 PM

Just tried this, lost 2 hours of time plus dozens of day time minutes over 5 phone calls.

Well there's your problem. This transaction is supposed to be conducted through an online chatbox. Next time try to read the instructions more carefully.

#159 snakelda   I see you stalking me. Stop it, before I call CheapyD. CAGiversary!   1981 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:59 PM

Well there's your problem. This transaction is supposed to be conducted through an online chatbox. Next time try to read the instructions more carefully.

Don't judge him  8-)

#160 AltererSyl  

AltererSyl

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:03 AM

Damn. I just got shut down before I even said anything.

#161 snakelda   I see you stalking me. Stop it, before I call CheapyD. CAGiversary!   1981 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:15 AM

Damn. I just got shut down before I even said anything.

I tried it twice and was shutdown. Oh well not worth wasting more time on this

#162 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:40 AM

I don't believe I received any email that stated the B1G1 free. Sounds like Target has caught on already so I won't even bother.

#163 numb1ninerfan  

numb1ninerfan

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:29 AM

Got mine no problem with chat support all they had left was digital copies but I don’t complain

#164 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1750 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:59 AM

I think this well has dried up. I tried a few more times tonight but the reps have been denying me. I thought I might sneak one more through but the rep said I needed to buy links awakening digital to be part of the erroneous promo. 

#165 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4075 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:40 AM

I think this well has dried up. I tried a few more times tonight but the reps have been denying me. I thought I might sneak one more through but the rep said I needed to buy links awakening digital to be part of the erroneous promo.

The amount of SD slaining this deal people placing 2,3,or 4 orders.
What is the world coming to lol?

Anyone know if best buy will get luigi with steelbook? Kinda like with pokemon?

#166 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1750 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:49 AM

The amount of SD slaining this deal people placing 2,3,or 4 orders.
What is the world coming to lol?
Anyone know if best buy will get luigi with steelbook? Kinda like with pokemon?

Target is going to take a bath on this one. I don't blame people for placing multiple orders, this type of glitch/deal will probably never be duplicated. Getting AAA Nintendo titles for $30 is probably going to be better than any black Friday deal.

#167 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4075 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:02 AM

Target is going to take a bath on this one. I don't blame people for placing multiple orders, this type of glitch/deal will probably never be duplicated. Getting AAA Nintendo titles for $30 is probably going to be better than any black Friday deal.

True. Suprise they cant just view and notice that the same person ordered.
Sad to see deals ending with no toys r us, sears, etc. Even target been thin pickings.

#168 AltererSyl  

AltererSyl

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:06 AM

My LA and FE shipped.

#169 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:19 AM

The best part is a B1G1 in store only deal specifically focused on Zelda somehow turning into fully online interactions to obtain two non-Zelda games, digital games, unreleased pre-order games, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if people around here somehow ended up with Xbox games and Genesis minis out of this. Absolutely hilarious.

Imagine being the guy who came up with the idea of how to offload these extra Zelda pins.

#170 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:35 AM

Someone please try buying TWO Switch Lites and getting 1 free

#171 akuma77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:55 AM

Someone please try buying TWO Switch Lites and getting 1 free

Thanks for the idea, it actually worked.

The rep told me to place two separate orders so they don’t go over a certain limit in refunds

https://imgur.com/a/7SKvuiy

#172 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:17 AM

We've gone too far

#173 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1559 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:28 AM

If anybody has an extra pin set they are willing to sell, PM me.

#174 tonyvx  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:35 AM

If anybody has an extra pin set they are willing to sell, PM me.

Same!

#175 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:35 AM

I got pasted a boiler plate nope after just saying I can't find Link's Awakening on the site

#176 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:14 AM

I can't believe this still works! Transcript below:

Bruss: Hi! My name is Bruss. How can I help you today?
Me: Hello, I received an email saying that I could get a B1G1 free promotion on Switch games. However, when I try to checkout, I'm not seeing any way to enable the offer.
Bruss: Let me check the cart details and help you however I can.
Bruss: Can you provide me with your cart number?
Me: ##########
Bruss: Thank you.
Bruss: The Buy 1 Get 1 promotion is eligible only for in-store purchases. Additionly, the promotion is limited to the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, which is currently sold out.
Me: Would I be able to substitute with other items?
Bruss: Let me check with my supervisor. One moment please.
Me: Sure thing.
Bruss: Thank you for your patience. I have confirmed that substitutions will indeed be fine.
Me: Perfect. I've added the items to my cart and checked out.
Bruss: One moment please.
Bruss: I see that you've purchased a Barbeque and Graco baby stroller.
Me: Correct.
Bruss: Perfect. I have applied a 50% refund. The new order total is $227.40. You should see a $227.40 credit on your credit card within 7-14 business days.
Me: What about my free Zelda pins?
Bruss: You can pick them up in store, along with your $10 gift card.
Me: Thank you.
Bruss: My pleasure. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Me: Yes. I'm not really into video games. Are there any you can recommend?
Bruss: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch seems popular.
Me: Great, I'll have to check it out sometime. Thanks again.
Bruss: You're most welcome.
Bruss: Thanks for visiting Target.com and particating in the Zelda deal. I hope you'll visit us again soon!
Me: If there are any more Nintendo deals coming up, I most certainly will. I could use some new bedroom furniture.
Bruss: <Bruss has left the conversation>

#177 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   473 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:16 AM

image0 (1).png

#178 Meepo  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:53 AM

I wonder if I could exchange my second copy of Link's Awakening for Astral Chain. They wouldn't let me make the order without LA in the cart.

#179 leehom   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:04 AM

I wonder if I could exchange my second copy of Link's Awakening for Astral Chain. They wouldn't let me make the order without LA in the cart.

You will be able to exchange the game in store after pick up.

Was able to exchange FE for DQ Builders 2 after pick up yesterday.

#180 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:59 AM

This deal was/is fantastic. I was able to do three orders with two separate reps. First order Link's Awakening and Kirby Star Allies. Second Link's Awakening and Daemon X Machina. Last order was Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion. I received my $10 gift, and I was able to sell off one copy of Link's Awakening for $50. I just need to sell off the other two copies, and I'm all set. I would keep one, but I have the European Collector's Edition coming soon.