* * * - - 7 votes

Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

#181 Cangriman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:08 AM

So I went yesterday to pick up my games and I noticed that there were around 15 copies of Link's Awakening in store lol. Now was I supposed to get the gift card in store? I didn't get one, and I'm not sure if I can get back to the store to pick it up.

Edit- Ok so I suppose to get it in my email. Now don't know if you guys noticed this, but yesterday I was charged $65.14, but I just checked now and it went up to $68.57...

#182 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for the idea, it actually worked.

The rep told me to place two separate orders so they don’t go over a certain limit in refunds

https://imgur.com/a/7SKvuiy

If this is legit, congratz man. You win.

#183 Buc-ee's  

Buc-ee's

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:48 PM

The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Season (DVD) $4.80

https://www.amazon.c...DKIKX0DER&psc=1

Credit SD

#184 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:31 PM

The amount of SD slaining this deal people placing 2,3,or 4 orders.
What is the world coming to lol?

Anyone know if best buy will get luigi with steelbook? Kinda like with pokemon?

I see why. Nintendo games never go on sale. Very few sales worthwhile on anything these days so seeing people jump at this isn't a shock. 

I'm happy to get the $10 from walmart.

#185 IronOperations   Heisenberg CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

IronOperations

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:03 PM

Off topic but how do i add a picture to my post? Haven't been on here in a while

#186 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:47 PM

Has anyone even gotten their refunded amounts applied back to their cards yet? Between my credit card account activity and Target transaction confirmation emails, I've seen so many different dollar amounts I don't know wth is going on and an just hoping when all is said and done they magically net out to the right amount paid. Target math makes no sense to me.

#187 IronOperations   Heisenberg CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

IronOperations

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:32 PM

Was able to get them at a Target close to work this morning. Showed the guy the email picture saying that my Mother got it in her email and he gave me a tiny bit of a hard time for it but after while priced it out for me. Was glad cause i've had bad luck with this kind of stuff for a bit. 

https://lh3.googleus..._M=w603-h903-no

Is it worth it to try and do it through the Chat? Cause i see most of you guys are getting charged afterwards different prices. Guess they caught onto it. Might try a different store on my way home.

#188 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3283 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:36 PM

Chats dead at this point. If you got it once be happy with what ya got.

#189 IronOperations   Heisenberg CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

IronOperations

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:37 PM

Chats dead at this point. If you got it once be happy with what ya got.

Yeah i didn't even get the gift card. I was just glad i got the games discounted

#190 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:16 PM

Was able to get them at a Target close to work this morning. Showed the guy the email picture saying that my Mother got it in her email and he gave me a tiny bit of a hard time for it but after while priced it out for me. Was glad cause i've had bad luck with this kind of stuff for a bit.

https://lh3.googleus..._M=w603-h903-no

Is it worth it to try and do it through the Chat? Cause i see most of you guys are getting charged afterwards different prices. Guess they caught onto it. Might try a different store on my way home.

I'm saving screenshots of all these amounts and basically mentally preparing for a pricing battle later in the week. I can't say I have a lot of confidence in the financial accounting skills of a company that just accidentally turned a 25 cent pin promotion into a national $60 game giveaway.

#191 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:48 PM

I'm saving screenshots of all these amounts and basically mentally preparing for a pricing battle later in the week. I can't say I have a lot of confidence in the financial accounting skills of a company that just accidentally turned a 25 cent pin promotion into a national $60 game giveaway.

I received emails for the refunds. Usually takes a few days to process returns, as I think the CC will not release the return to your card until it has the funds (and gets some float).

#192 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3505 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

Yep got 20$ gift cards and 1 was 65$ the other was 75$ so overall not too shabby playing through Astral chain now will put it in my trade stack when I finish it then on to Fire emblem .

#193 DoWhatYouWant  

DoWhatYouWant

Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

Dammit, of course I miss out on this fantastic error. Must pay closer attention to the CAG threads, and I will definitely be signing up for notifications on Slickdeals.

Its kinda funny that a $30 game is a "deal" in the Nintendo realm because of how ridiculously long Switch games stay at $40-60. To me, a $15-20 PS4 game is a deal. $30 Switch game not so much, especially when it's a bad port like Assassin's Creed III.

I guess I'll continue to get mileage out of $20 Civilization VI on my Switch until Black Friday.

#194 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:12 PM

Was a great deal. On to the next. Target hasn't had anything worth while in a long time so even an error was fine.

#195 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

Was able to do it just now with Link's Awakening (Digital) and Astral Chain. Wanted to do it again with Pokemon Shield and Animal Crossing, but the rep was only able to offer the refund once, no gift card though as I got mine shipped; $61.08 was my total using Red Card.

#196 1NintendoFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   718 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

1NintendoFan

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:39 PM

So I saw the posts questioning the charges so I checked my card and still had the full amount pending. Went back in a few minutes later and the charge dropped in half. Actually maybe a little less than. So hopefully everyone else has the same luck

#197 Meepo  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:41 PM

I received an exact 50% refund on every order. Just make sure the invoice mentions the discount and you should be good.

#198 Meepo  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:50 PM

Does anyone have the Link's Awakening pin set DCPI by any chance?

#199 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:16 PM

Does anyone have the Link's Awakening pin set DCPI by any chance?

207-04-2524

#200 Astro7x   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:09 PM

Just want to say that the physical version is back in stock for Links Awakening.  I just added the items to the cart, did the chat box, and the person gave me a credit on my first try with no problem.

#201 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:12 PM

Scott just hooked me up with a Pokemon Sword pre-order + Astral Chain. He also said he loves Pokemon. Scott is lit

#202 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3283 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:42 PM

I was wrong, this deal's not dead. Just got Pokemon Sword and Shield pre-ordered...insane.

I love you, Veronica! I got a secret crush on you, Veronica!

#203 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:26 PM

Miley and Paolo said no. JP said no (as he did last night) but then he got me to place an order and disappeared before adjusting it lol.

#204 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:45 PM

Miley and Paolo said no. JP said no (as he did last night) but then he got me to place an order and disappeared before adjusting it lol.

Did you screenshot it? I'd report him to corporate.

#205 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   529 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:12 AM

The day I decide not to check cash lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#206 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   529 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:12 AM

Is this still live ? Any tips ?

#207 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:25 AM

Is this still live ? Any tips ?

I've been trying for the past hour with no luck. If you get Helen, JP, Gab, Erroll, Julia, Paolo, Seth, Rhea, Allen or Jaden don't bother.

#208 1NintendoFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   718 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

1NintendoFan

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:43 AM

Just did a chat to inquire about the gift card that the agent offered me when the $10 didn’t apply for picking up In store. The agent said that they have received an email from the internal department to no longer honor the email and that they are investigating the orders that were already placed. Not sure if it’s true but just giving a heads up

#209 AltererSyl  

AltererSyl

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:44 AM

Just did a chat to inquire about the gift card that the agent offered me when the $10 didn’t apply for picking up In store. The agent said that they have received an email from the internal department to no longer honor the email and that they are investigating the orders that were already placed. Not sure if it’s true but just giving a heads up

Wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of them get canceled.

#210 IronOperations   Heisenberg CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

IronOperations

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:51 AM

Did anyone's order actually ship yet?