* * * * - 2 votes

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint $49.99 ($39.99 w/ GCU) + $10 Reward @ Best Buy

best buy ghost recon breakpoint ps4 x1

#1 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14583 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:10 PM

Best Buy offers My Best Buy Members Ghost Recon Breakpoint for $49.99, or $39.99 for GCU members plus $10 reward. This may have been a match to the Amazon deal, but I'm not sure who did what first and you don't have to be a Prime member. At effectively $30 after rewards, this will likely beat any BF deal next month.

#2 Ibacai  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:13 PM

Sadly my GCU ran out last week. Now I’m sad.

#3 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3474 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:17 PM

Hmm 29.99 with GCU and 10$ cert I have plus another 10$ cert going to be really hard to pass up will have to check reviews

#4 gogomo  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:30 PM

Thanks OP.  I pre-ordered and enjoyed Wildlands, but I'm gonna pass on this game.  Mainly because I have Game Pass so I'm not lacking for games to play.  Secondly, the game doesn't scream "must play on day one" to me.  It's basically Wildlands with gear leveling similar to The Division.  But definitely a good deal for fans.

#5 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:37 PM

So, I pre-ordered two weeks ago right before my GCU expired. Do you think they'll auto-adjust the price or is this something I'm likely to have to call or do online chat to resolve? 

Would seem pretty bogus to not update the price for me since the order has already been placed.

#6 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2842 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:39 PM

Funny. Amazon is matching Walmart *and* Best Buy.
Best Buy then matches amazon...

#7 ppitchfork  

ppitchfork

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:47 PM

Awesome deal, thanks!

#8 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5073 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:50 PM

Not a bad deal ... might be cheaper on BF, but most likely $45. I liked the Beta, the auto-killing mini drones were super annoying but I heard that’s a feature that won’t be used as much in the actual game (maybe keeping certain areas off limits for story reasons, but not as prevalent). Will probably bite, since my GCU dies just before BF anyway.

#9 bondgirl  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:17 PM

I told myself I wouldn't buy this game right away, but for this price I just pre-ordered lol.

#10 Titan X   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:35 PM

So, I pre-ordered two weeks ago right before my GCU expired. Do you think they'll auto-adjust the price or is this something I'm likely to have to call or do online chat to resolve? 

Would seem pretty bogus to not update the price for me since the order has already been placed.

I'm in the same situation.  Contacted Best Buy CS via online chat and they told me, I'd have to cancel my current order and re-order to get the new lower price.  I would lose my GCU discount because mine has expired.

#11 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:48 PM

After playing the beta I wouldn't waste anymore of my time if the game was free. This is not Ghost Recon.

#12 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2842 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:42 AM

After playing the beta I wouldn't waste anymore of my time if the game was free. This is not Ghost Recon.

I never liked Ghost Recon games, until Wildlands... and now Breakpoint. I tried and wanted to like The Division 1, but just couldn't. LOVED The Division 2 however.

Yeah I saw the monetization crap, but seeing what it is i'm not interested in any of it. Camo? unless certain camo's allow you to hide better than another camo, it's just cosmetic. Same with facepaint and tattoo's. Once I leave the character creation screen I rarely ever bother with the looks of my character anyway.

The guns + mods etc, yeah thats BS but if you can get them in game and the store just allows you to spend RL money to get them early... whatever, i'm not going to play it competitively. 99% of my playtime in it will be solo.

The micro transactions in games now is pure BS, (and getting worse) but I have yet to buy anything in any game outside of actual DLC. 

#13 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:29 AM

I'm in the same situation. Contacted Best Buy CS via online chat and they told me, I'd have to cancel my current order and re-order to get the new lower price. I would lose my GCU discount because mine has expired.

If you're an Elite or Elite plus number I'd try calling the dedicated CS line. I did and they refunded me $8.60 on the order, which means I'll get the game for $39.99 plus $10 rewards points. I just told them the price should be adjusted because it changed since I placed the order, they said usually the system updates those orders.

#14 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:25 AM

Thanks OP. Got it for 5 bucks and change after some reward certs. Glad there is a 3 week window until Outer Worlds so I can catch up on all these games I've been buying. 

#15 brutx15   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:16 AM

The beta was not good at all. Seemed to be the consensus. As the person above said, this didn't feel like a ghost recon at all. It felt like everything took a step back from wildlands.

#16 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4307 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

Wasn't going to pick it up at launch, but for $30 ($50 - 20% gcu - $10 cert from BL3) and $10 back for pre-ordering, it seems worth it. While this doesn't have the same feel as Wildlands, it still looks like fun from the videos I've seen of those who already got the gold/ultimate editions.

Now without the $10 drop, 20% gcu, and $10 back for pre-ordering (negating the $10 cert spent), I would have just waited for the inevitable Ubisoft price drop. Plus I'm still so deep into BL3 that I won't be touching this one for a while. Straight up $30 day one though... that's nice.

#17 Rowdyreptile  

Rowdyreptile

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:03 PM

Thanks guys!

#18 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3232 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:19 PM

Games trash. Save your money.

#19 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16293 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

Games trash. Save your money.

How many hours in are you?

#20 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2789 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:50 PM

Yeah, it's... Holy cow, I was not into Wildlands but this sucks total ass.

#21 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

My GCU runs out in NOV, but I feel I should buy this and Grid, and maybe NFS just to save the 20% and get the extra $10 because they probably wont drop until after christmas or black friday but not this low.

#22 ritchardf  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:57 PM

My GCU runs out in NOV, but I feel I should buy this and Grid, and maybe NFS just to save the 20% and get the extra $10 because they probably wont drop until after christmas or black friday but not this low.

honestly this and NFS will probably be in the $25 to $29 range on black friday. unless the new NFS gets amazing reviews it will struggle to sell because EA has completely ruined the franchise.

#23 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14583 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:29 PM

I guess I'll have to check reviews before picking it up ha. I missed out on Wildlands; just didn't get around to it and the gold code expired which really pissed me off. Got into D2 late and had fun for a few weeks with it before seeing the light. It was a fun, good couple weeks but urban sprawls are just too boring and got repetitive.

I probably should have tried the beta but WoW classic man, fml. . .

#24 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, this is a good deal if you have GCU and want it at launch, but i just read this preview and it doesn't sound worth your time or money: https://www.destruct...nt-568557.phtml

#25 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2842 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:10 PM

Just reading some of that article... he obviously skipped the intro cinematic if he can’t figure out why you are even going to the island, and oh.. the early missions even has more explanation of the situation.

Bugs are bugs though, seems like they are all co-op?

#26 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1406 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:34 PM

Surprised we didn’t get a wildlands fire sale on any of the digital store sites. Going to pass on this at launch, all the initial single player impressions doesn’t seem so hot. I can put the gift card to Fire Emblem instead.

#27 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2527 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:23 PM

Thanks OP.  Canceled original preorder and just reordered since I refuse to chat with BB customer service who almost never know how GCU works.

Wildlands was a game my son and I both enjoyed playing together...hope this is the same.

#28 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3232 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:31 PM

How many hours in are you?

None

Downloaded the beta and luckily I didn’t play that either. From the videos I have watched this game is a pile. As a gamer who owns every single Ghost Recon game, this isn’t Ghost Recon. The monetization alone is a fucking joke.

#29 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   6055 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2019 - 02:14 AM

Just read r/ghostrecon for 10 minutes, you'll get the idea

#30 neoz   I Know Kung Fu CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:22 AM

Thanks OP.  Canceled original preorder and just reordered since I refuse to chat with BB customer service who almost never know how GCU works.

Wildlands was a game my son and I both enjoyed playing together...hope this is the same.

It isn't. It is a Division clone. If you liked that game then you'll like this one. If you really enjoyed Wildlands then you probably won't like this. there is nothing remotely Wildlands like about this game. It is a Ghost Recon game in name alone.

The looting weapons is just like Division and so is the social space.

The best was to describe this game is Division in the woods or a $60 stand alone expansion pack.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: best buy, ghost recon, breakpoint, ps4, x1