Amazon - Fist of The North Star: Lost Paradise 19.99

I like the Yakuza games a lot more.  I played this one for ~5 hours and put it down.  Couldn't get past the art style and 

"I HAVE SECRET MARTIAL ARTS THAT MAKES PEOPLE EXPLODE!!1"

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the Title as JoJo’s Bizarre adventure and was highly disappointed when I clicked the link to order , LOL.

I like the Yakuza games a lot more. I played this one for ~5 hours and put it down. Couldn't get past the art style and

"I HAVE SECRET MARTIAL ARTS THAT MAKES PEOPLE EXPLODE!!1"
I take you aren't much of a fan of the source material? The art style and
exploding people
are two of the biggest aspects of the whole Fist of the North Star series.

I really enjoyed this game as a fan of the series, but would ultimately I agree I like most of the Yakuza games more but this is without a doubt the best Fist of the North Star game to date.

I take you aren't much of a fan of the source material? The art style and
exploding people
are two of the biggest aspects of the whole Fist of the North Star series.
I'm really just unfamiliar with the source material. Anime I'm guessing?

It just wasn't for me. I'm all for supporting the releases of these kinds of games though. Big advocate for other localized releases of sega's (Persona and Valkyria Chronicles). This just wasn't my cup of tea.

I'm really just unfamiliar with the source material. Anime I'm guessing?

It just wasn't for me. I'm all for supporting the releases of these kinds of games though. Big advocate for other localized releases of sega's (Persona and Valkyria Chronicles). This just wasn't my cup of tea.
Yeah Fist of the North Star is a manga and anime series that started in the 80s. I could definitely see not enjoying the game much if you aren't already a fan of the series since most of my enjoyment came from being a fan.

Same price as Best Buy. I watched the movie yesterday at Amazon prime, so crazy, I don’t know what to say. It’s Like contra, everything explode lmao. Gore effect is insane. 👍👍

It's not really secret that people die in bloody chunks, it's why we're there. This game is for the spectacle instead of respectability of Yakuza.

This is the greatest anime of all time. It gave us memes like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5cU6Y-oFU4

Just picked this up with reward very if I hate will just trade for double what I payed but hoping I like it
I beat it. At its core it's a great game but god damn did I hate running back and forth constantly in this small city always tripping over yakuza style street fights, and forget about the driving parts since its horribly boring and isn't even like there is anything to explore out there.

The basis of the story was good but it wasnt good in how it was told. The violence while amusing wore off after a while. It wasnt like vats in fallout 3 where I could watch that shit for 50 hours of game time and not get tired of it.

If they made it so the game only lasted 8 hours I'd probably have liked it a lot more.

This is one of those games that makes me wonder if there's just way too many games being made if something like this can be published by a company as large as Sega and still just fly under the radar, get a bunch of critical acclaim and still not apparently manage to sell all that well. 

Maybe its a situation where people don't get that the gloriously over the top nature of it, bordering on stupidity is the charm of this game, and it's not supposed to be super-serious edgy grimdark fodder for emo teens?

Different publishers have different approaches to their games post release. Sega titles hit $20 pretty quickly by design rather than desperation / failure.

Not a bad game, but the level of repetition and re-use of enemies and locations makes it hard to recommend. I guess it would be great if you were a kid or teen with a limited budget who wanted a relatively long game, but it didn’t capture my attention beyond being decent in the beginning.

bread's done
Back