2DS XL $100 Walmart YMMV

Item Description section > click READ MORE > enlighten yourself. Geez.
Yeah I'm not seeing it:

ebay.com said:
Condition:
Manufacturer refurbished: An item that has been professionally restored to working order by a manufacturer or manufacturer-approved vendor. This means the product has been inspected, cleaned, and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications and is in excellent condition. This item may or may not be in the original packaging. See the seller’s listing for full details. See all condition definitions
Regardless, I have the information I was looking for.

I would normally say the Nintendo refurbished was the better deal(no tax on Ebay maybe?), but the Walmart unit comes with a game, while the refurb does not(and of course it's actually NEW).

As for the "N" refurbished quality, their items are in "new" condition, and normally show ZERO signs of use. A 1 year warranty is included, so if there is any issues, your covered. I've bought several refurbs over the last few years, and the only difference I've seen between these and new is the retail packaging. You get a generic white box, but everything comes in plastic and looks just like they came from a retail box.

My last buy was about a year ago, as I got a N3DS before they stopped being sold, and it's no flaws or signs of use(things may have changed?) These aren't the normal "refurbished" items you buy where things are brought up to factory specs, but may have scratches, cracks, food in the buttons, etc. I don't stand behind many things "N" does currently, but their refurbished items are a sweet deal, and I'm planning to buy one of those 2DS XL before they are gone.

EDIT: Their site has a better selection, but you pay tax and shipping, so Ebay is always better, just not as many options. https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat50006

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back