Walmart Black Friday leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not making a new BF thread for this since it's an incomplete ad. This is Walmart's BF 2019 ad showing only part of the videogame consoles page. I did not obtain this page, it was shared to me. I have no idea if it is real or legit but have faith in my source. The ad is still in the testing phase and not complete at all. This may not be what prices are once the ad is out and this should be taken with a grain of salt. Enjoy, but again, this is not the finished product.

UKr2mdx.png

Not making a new BF thread for this since it's an incomplete ad. This is Walmart's BF 2019 ad showing only part of the videogame consoles page. I did not obtain this page, it was shared to me. I have no idea if it is real or legit but have faith in my source. The ad is still in the testing phase and not complete at all. This may not be what prices are once the ad is out and this should be taken with a grain of salt. Enjoy, but again, this is not the finished product.

UKr2mdx.png

Thanks for clearing that up!

I really hope the Switch is $199 and the Lite is $149 just to spite everyone saying they would never be on sale. You can buy a PS4/Xbone together for $300 and play all the big 3rd party games, so it would be in their best interest.

I see no reason why Switch consoles would get such deep discounts
My thoughts exactly... especially the Switch Lite. I could see bundles being offered but a 33% cut on the regular and a 25% cut on the Light is hard to believe. I also feel like that PS4 Pro price is weak. PS4 sales have been staggered due to all the talk of the PS5, I'd think Sony would offer a bundle at that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh I dunno Switch Lite has already been down to 170 in a few spots. This is the price I'm hoping for TBH and if I can't get it, I'm hoping for a $60 game to be bundled with it. I passed at the 170  because I was really hoping for 150. 

lol why would you need an Xbone to play big third party games when you already have a PS4?

I really hope the Switch is $199 and the Lite is $149 just to spite everyone saying they would never be on sale. You can buy a PS4/Xbone together for $300 and play all the big 3rd party games, so it would be in their best interest.

Didn't want to make a thread since it isn't officially anything. It's a mock up from those making the ad but nothing is set in stone. For all they know it could be changed to bundles at $200 for Switch Lites instead of a $50 drop or Switch Bundles could be backstock for V1 and not on V2.

This is why I said originally to take the ad with a grain of salt.

Nintendo is one more holiday season away from surpassing Xbox One for second place this generation at $300 so no way in hell is Nintendo of all companies going to lower the price. And Switch Lite $150 two months after launch? That's not happening either.

Nintendo is one more holiday season away from surpassing Xbox One for second place this generation at $300 so no way in hell is Nintendo of all companies going to lower the price. And Switch Lite $150 two months after launch? That's not happening either.
If they're gonna push and push hard to increase their install base as much as they can before Sony drops the PS5, this would be a good way to do it. Especially if they're unloading back stock of the older model Switch at that price. The Switch Lite though, I don't see it getting more than a $25 cut, a bundle offer seems more likely however.

the thing is, while this ad may be fake, the retailer can take that loss if they want. Nintendo may not have an official sale and the store can still price it that way for a few days. I remember 3DS at some stores, named HEB, on Black Friday in 2011 for $99 new, even after the $80 price cut to $170

Do know that prices are not set by Nintendo or anyone unless it is a product specifically made for Black Friday such as the Mario 3DS Black Friday Bundle which had it's own MSRP of $100.

Stores can drop prices for Black Friday as they want otherwise which is why you'll see games from years ago going for $10 - $20. Usually those games are backstock that they are trying to get rid of.

Also stores can have door busters for ridiculous prices but it means nothing when each store only has 6 in stock and the price is only active from 6pm to 8pm (which stores have done in the past, look at Kohl's or Old Navy with the Super Mario Wii giveaway).

I don't know if these prices are the final prices, and they can change too. Grain of salt and all that.

This is poorly done. The green xbox circle was obviously photoshopped in. The boxes at the top aren't even lined up straight. "All items in the ad" and "Sorry, no rainchecks" is not Walmart language. The font work is pretty badly done. I could see this as a mockup for the design of the web/print ad, but I can't see these prices being anything other than a mock-up.

This is poorly done. The green xbox circle was obviously photoshopped in. The boxes at the top aren't even lined up straight. "All items in the ad" and "Sorry, no rainchecks" is not Walmart language. The font work is pretty badly done. I could see this as a mockup for the design of the web/print ad, but I can't see these prices being anything other than a mock-up.
Not disagreeing with the other stuff but no rainchecks and all items in ad is exactly what Walmart puts in their Black Friday ads.

Here is the ad from last year showing the same. https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/black-friday/2018/page-15

Eww...that's as low as they're all going to get?

A PS4 slim for $150 when Walmart offered a Spider-Man bundle last year for $200.  $200 Switch deal seems decent compared to last year's Mario Kart 8 bundle for $300.

That $150 Xbox SAD Black Friday price seems still like that should be the now price.

Do know that prices are not set by Nintendo or anyone unless it is a product specifically made for Black Friday such as the Mario 3DS Black Friday Bundle which had it's own MSRP of $100.

Stores can drop prices for Black Friday as they want otherwise which is why you'll see games from years ago going for $10 - $20. Usually those games are backstock that they are trying to get rid of.

Also stores can have door busters for ridiculous prices but it means nothing when each store only has 6 in stock and the price is only active from 6pm to 8pm (which stores have done in the past, look at Kohl's or Old Navy with the Super Mario Wii giveaway).

I don't know if these prices are the final prices, and they can change too. Grain of salt and all that.
Prices absolutely can be set by manufacturers - there's MSRP, which is a suggested price, and then there's UMRP which is the theoretical minimum a manufacturer will allow a price to be sold for with very few exceptions.

Prices absolutely can be set by manufacturers - there's MSRP, which is a suggested price, and then there's UMRP which is the theoretical minimum a manufacturer will allow a price to be sold for with very few exceptions.
I was specifically talking about Black Friday. Yes, manufacturers can and do set prices (MSRP). UMRP isn't really a term or practice most distributors will enforce since no store wants to lose money by selling an item so low that they lose profits (outside of clearance where they would lose money keeping those items in store or are trying to recoup losses).

For BF, manufacturers don't normally have a say in the individual prices that a store will sell an item for outside of Black Friday specific items such as the Splatoon / Smash Bros Wii U console from 2015 (which had a MSRP of $250 and was discontinued the day after BF).

So what you're saying is there's no way to edit an existing photo?
No, replying that the verbiage in that picture is exactly what they put in their ads contrary to what was said.

Didn't want to make a thread since it isn't officially anything. It's a mock up from those making the ad but nothing is set in stone. For all they know it could be changed to bundles at $200 for Switch Lites instead of a $50 drop or Switch Bundles could be backstock for V1 and not on V2.

This is why I said originally to take the ad with a grain of salt.
well the posive I guess is Gamerants or whatever it is face you you credit in the video.

The CAG who made this also accidentally let home and apparel page numbers overlap.
Not to mention there is a section listing “general merchandise?” Whaaat? Also not to mention the general layout and color scheme is nothing like any BF ad that Walmart has ever done. It’s not just a fake, it’s a baaaaad fake.

PS4 being $150 wouldn’t surprise me too much. I remember BF before the PS4 launched that the PS3 Slim was around that price and bundled with a physical game (I bought two, one bundles with the last of us and the other with the Batman game of the time). Still, this is a layout design and not the final ad. It should be a couple of weeks and real ads should start showing up. So, all this design should do is remind everyone how close BF is and to hold purchases of likely products to be on sale.

The CAG who made this also accidentally let home and apparel page numbers overlap.

Not to mention there is a section listing “general merchandise?” Whaaat? Also not to mention the general layout and color scheme is nothing like any BF ad that Walmart has ever done. It’s not just a fake, it’s a baaaaad fake.
Technically, they did do a "general merchandise" on the last black friday ad. But, that's they used to make this one. They looked at last year, tried to copy the format as close as possible, and said "people will fall for this".

1) Walmart is one of the last companies to release BF ads due to price configuration, they know the items but not the actual price yet. The page format seems incorrect as it does not show add-on sales like controllers. 

2) Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft set the price for their consoles.

$150 for PS4 sounds right, I believe last year it was $200 and there were deals through out the year that match the price. PS5 is around the corner so it might be a reasonable last year push to gain more game sales for 2020. 

Thinking this is a hoax ad, but I could see some of these prices maybe as Doorbusters, but $200 Switch and $150 Switch Lite seems unlikely. 

I see no reason why Switch consoles would get such deep discounts
It's time TBH, they have been in last place for two generations now and when PS4 Pro drops to $299 with Switch being the exact same price, they would be steamrolled this Holiday season. PS5 is only a year away now, so if they don't prove the system now, it'll be dead in a year a la WiiU. They should be cutting their losses and had a competitor ready to go next year, but Nintendumb still can't shake elder leadership and the beat goes on with poor decision-making. The only thing keeping them afloat is the 'Disney-effect' of new generations passing on the brand via nostalgia.

It's time TBH, they have been in last place for two generations now and when PS4 Pro drops to $299 with Switch being the exact same price, they would be steamrolled this Holiday season. PS5 is only a year away now, so if they don't prove the system now, it'll be dead in a year a la WiiU. They should be cutting their losses and had a competitor ready to go next year, but Nintendumb still can't shake elder leadership and the beat goes on with poor decision-making. The only thing keeping them afloat is the 'Disney-effect' of new generations passing on the brand via nostalgia.
The Switch is selling very well. They do not need to drop the price to sell it this holiday season. Sony and Microsoft are gearing up for their new consoles next year and will both likely have consoles for under $200 this Holiday season. I could see the Switch being dropped to $250 on Black Friday, but doubt we will see discounts (save maybe a doorbuster or two) for the Switch Lite. They are going to sell Switch consoles like mad this Christmas they have an incredible library currently.

The PS4 and Xbox One will do fine this Holiday, but I wouldn't imagine either will outsell the Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back