Dead or Alive 6 for $14.99 ($11.99 for GCU members) with free shipping @ Best Buy

Part of me is tempted, but then I remember I bought DOA 5 on sale and never played it much.
Same. I really enjoyed DoA2-4, but then when I got 5 it just... kinda sat. Eventually I got rid of it and just downloaded the F2P Core Fighters thing. Didn't play that one, either.

I feel like DOA5 Last Round is a more complete package then 6. I'll wait for the ps5 port of 6 with the extras.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see this being $9.99 on Black Friday; however with GCU it is now $11.99, and GCU does not work BF thru Cyber Monday.  Think I will just buy it now for $11.99.  Thanks OP!

This is a terrific price. I actually really liked DOA6. The season pass is ridiculous and completely not worth the money, but for this price for the main campaign and casual fighting it’s a steal.

Remember when the developer originally basically announced that DOA6 would be "woke" and the fan service would be turned down and there would be no more T&A to enjoy, basically killing the game's momentum because that's the reason most people actually play it? And then when they finally released it the game has a crappy FTP type costume unlockables system and they took out tag mode, which ensured that the 10 people who were actually still excited for a new DOA game were let down?
the reason this failed is that its the sony censorship woke version which is the same terroist/chinese/liberal policy's them and the media demand, tk seems to be trying different work arounds besides just releasing uncensored versions every but ps4 with their recent doax3 one week sales dlc of pay 60$ per girl for crappy dlc this week...well ignorance with sony fans is high especially in the west, soul calibar 6 was already released with a best of version while full price partial and censored version every where else is promoted...no reason to buy anything that appears on sony or that also releases on another console with sony communist policies being in place

Remember when the developer originally basically announced that DOA6 would be "woke" and the fan service would be turned down and there would be no more T&A to enjoy, basically killing the game's momentum because that's the reason most people actually play it? And then when they finally released it the game has a crappy FTP type costume unlockables system and they took out tag mode, which ensured that the 10 people who were actually still excited for a new DOA game were let down?
"Progressives" are literally just straight male hating tyrants. Reminds me of the new SJW approved Mortal Kombat. Every female character is masculine looking and covered from head to toe because male sexuality = bad and in the west all modern entertainment (and the way society in general is now) is basically a big middle finger to straight men. Meanwhile the brutal violence is still allowed and the male characters are all jacked, shirtless Chads, Tyrones, and Changs.
Neither of you have played the game, since you don't know that once DOA6 came out, it was clear that what Tecmo represented did NOT happen to the game, meaning all the T&A and focus on the DOA girls stayed intact.

DOA6 is a fantastic game with gorgeous graphics and a full single player experience with a plethora of cutscenes and branching storylines.

Next time, before you criticize a game and go on and on about politics, suggest you should read about what ACTUALLY happened.

And may be if you plan to talk about the game, first PLAY the game.

Your better off with Tekken 7/SF V/Dragon Ball Fignerz if you want an online experience. DoA 6 is pretty dead online. The fighter will never be taken seriously and has never been played at EVO.

the reason this failed is that its the sony censorship woke version which is the same terroist/chinese/liberal policy's them and the media demand, tk seems to be trying different work arounds besides just releasing uncensored versions every but ps4 with their recent doax3 one week sales dlc of pay 60$ per girl for crappy dlc this week...well ignorance with sony fans is high especially in the west, soul calibar 6 was already released with a best of version while full price partial and censored version every where else is promoted...no reason to buy anything that appears on sony or that also releases on another console with sony communist policies being in place

"Progressives" are literally just straight male hating tyrants. Reminds me of the new SJW approved Mortal Kombat. Every female character is masculine looking and covered from head to toe because male sexuality = bad and in the west all modern entertainment (and the way society in general is now) is basically a big middle finger to straight men. Meanwhile the brutal violence is still allowed and the male characters are all jacked, shirtless Chads, Tyrones, and Changs.
lol shut the hell up you dumbasses

I think my issue is that it seems way too similar to 5 ... am I mistaken? Is 6 way better than 5?
It's pretty much DOA5.5. They replaced the super move mechanics plus some tweaks here and there. Overall the game and it's mechanics are easier than 5. I still like it though but I'm a fan of the series so take that into consideration. For the price, you can't go wrong.

I would think low ranked online is probably still alive due to the F2P nature of the game, just expect to fight a LOT of the few free characters. Haven't played in a while but I got up to a low C I think and had no trouble finding games, though it's been at least a couple of months. Gameplay itself is fine and they fixed the initially terrible costume unlock system. On Xbox you can individually buy costumes for reasonable-ish prices, or just get the few characters they've added and not support the cosmetics. Last I saw on PS4 they were coming up with some kind of microtransaction currency to let you buy the costumes that are otherwise only in expensive bundles.

Really though, around these prices you're probably better off getting either Tekken 7 or Soul Calibur VI during the holiday sales as those are both confirmed to have major support going on with each getting a new season. DOA6 has a small playerbases on all platforms, though I imagine you'll still keep getting more characters as costumes are obviously where they make their money, I'd guess the few missing older characters and some of the new women from the Xtreme game that's active in Japan currently. Even if you're only buying for the tiddy I'd say Soul Calibur probably fills that niche better since you can create costumes.

Main reason to pick up DOA6 at this point is if you're all in on DOA's (or Virtua Fighter's) specific gameplay mechanics, as the three remaining 3D fighters all feel pretty different.

I would think low ranked online is probably still alive due to the F2P nature of the game, just expect to fight a LOT of the few free characters. Haven't played in a while but I got up to a low C I think and had no trouble finding games, though it's been at least a couple of months. Gameplay itself is fine and they fixed the initially terrible costume unlock system. On Xbox you can individually buy costumes for reasonable-ish prices, or just get the few characters they've added and not support the cosmetics. Last I saw on PS4 they were coming up with some kind of microtransaction currency to let you buy the costumes that are otherwise only in expensive bundles.

Really though, around these prices you're probably better off getting either Tekken 7 or Soul Calibur VI during the holiday sales as those are both confirmed to have major support going on with each getting a new season. DOA6 has a small playerbases on all platforms, though I imagine you'll still keep getting more characters as costumes are obviously where they make their money, I'd guess the few missing older characters and some of the new women from the Xtreme game that's active in Japan currently. Even if you're only buying for the tiddy I'd say Soul Calibur probably fills that niche better since you can create costumes.

Main reason to pick up DOA6 at this point is if you're all in on DOA's (or Virtua Fighter's) specific gameplay mechanics, as the three remaining 3D fighters all feel pretty different.
Namco 3D fighters have always been more popular than DOA. In a world of ridiculous DLC pricing for fighting games, they actually have a more tolerable model. $25-$35 annual passes that are all inclusive. Unfortunately for me, I'm one of those few who prefers VF/DOA mechanics, especially DOA with its easier controls and constant rock paper scissors mind games. With VF in permanent hibernation, I would say Soulcalibur is my next fave out of the 3.

DoA6 is legit especially for this price but like others have said the online isn't exactly booming if that's your thing
I have it on all 3 platforms, so if one is not so alive, I hop onto another. There's always one platform that's active at any given time. ;)

bread's done
Back