YMMV My Best Buy Mystery Rewards Certificate

Is there still a workaround to use these codes online? I know at some points in the past there was but I thought they changed it more recently where you can’t get the system to recognize it like you once could.

Edit: btw, thanks for the heads up OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks for the free $5!  Would be great to get one worth a little more at some point, but hey...   beats a stick in the eye. 

Thanks for the heads up, OP.  I would have missed this. 

Any way to use this online? 

picked up lego harry potter collection using mystery reward after pricematch with walmart.

Damn, all these people complaining about getting $5.  Every year I get $0. 

Be thankful you are getting $5!!

Thanks OP. I got a $5 cert. Now I can get some Reese's Peanut Butter cups and a pack of gum (not a joke).

Do you actually have to print the coupon?

anyway to check your amount prior to going to store?
1st time I have received one of these.
Only other way is to know the barcode beforehand. It's been confirmed that the $5 coupon ends in "512 9." If yours doesn't end in that, it's not $5.

Damn, all these people complaining about getting $5. Every year I get $0.

Be thankful you are getting $5!!

There is only 1 post complaining about getting $5 and it's more tongue in cheek more than anything.
Exactly.

For me at least it's not worth the trouble. nearest BB is 12miles away, next closest is 19 in the other direction.. I'd spend at least $5 in gas just to save $5... If i'm going near BB, sure. (Walmart beats BB since my GCU died, so i don't bother with BB anymore)

Now if my code ended in something other than the known $5 code... i'd drop in.

Certainly a surprise when I checked my email earlier today, never expected to get a mystery cert (I think I gotten it once years ago). Appears to be a $5. Might get myself an amiibo tomorrow during my lunch break (depending on selection), unless something else catches my eye.

5$ again, I'll take it. But my BB purchases are anemic now that my GCU expired. Digital pre-order 10$ credit has given me something to buy, but besides my  Borderlands purchase, there's nothing for me. I was hoping to get Shadowkeep digital through a retailer, but they don't have it? 

how do they calculate the amount for each person get? Is it depend on how much you spent in a year? Apparently everyone got $5.

No cert for me.  I made Elite Plus by February this year, so guessing either I haven't gotten mine yet or this is being sent to users who haven't bought much this year. 

Anyone tried these on PSN credit? Thinking I'll just use it on a tenner and have another month of Spotify taken care of.

No cert for me. I made Elite Plus by February this year, so guessing either I haven't gotten mine yet or this is being sent to users who haven't bought much this year.
I'm also Elite Plus and didn't get a certificate, just like every year.
They already have your business on a regular basis (Elite members), that's why the both of you probably did not get one. Me personally, I have not bought anything from Best Buy since last Black Friday, which is why they probably sent me one ($5 cert).

They already have your business on a regular basis (Elite members), that's why the both of you probably did not get one. Me personally, I have not bought anything from Best Buy since last Black Friday, which is why they probably sent me one ($5 cert).
I’m elite plus and have been elite every year for like the last 5. I always get them.

how do they calculate the amount for each person get? Is it depend on how much you spent in a year? Apparently everyone got $5.
I believe it is supposed to be random, but I have never heard of anyone getting more than $5.

I've spent considerably less at Best Buy since losing GCU, but still have Elite status.

$5. Better than nothing, but dang.

Missing out on the $25 gift card for $99 worth of PS4/XB1 games because I was broke and had to work, really stings. 

The insult to injury, the video game gods couldn't even give me $10.  FML

I got 10 dollars once years ago but never anything more than 5 since

I believe it is supposed to be random, but I have never heard of anyone getting more than $5.

I've spent considerably less at Best Buy since losing GCU, but still have Elite status.

Is it possible to redeem these online?

I remember one other time getting an "in store only" cert but was still able to use it online.

Exactly.

For me at least it's not worth the trouble. nearest BB is 12miles away, next closest is 19 in the other direction.. I'd spend at least $5 in gas just to save $5... If i'm going near BB, sure. (Walmart beats BB since my GCU died, so i don't bother with BB anymore)

Now if my code ended in something other than the known $5 code... i'd drop in.
You're not the only one, buddy. Between my meager salary and the fact that Best Buy isn't close, I'll probably skip this one. I remember years ago when someone figured out how to apply these to online purchases, but I think Best Buy got wise to that. I assume they want me to go into the store so I can see how small the video game section has gotten.

Didn't get one, but then again I don't think I've bought anything from them this year other than a PS Classic.

I've probably spent less this year on bullstuff than I have since I was a kid all thanks to GCU ending.

Never get these

You would think that someone who spends over $10K a year at both Best Buy and other retailers by using my BBY CC would get one of these one year but nope haha

bread's done
Back