* * * - - 2 votes

Lenovo Black Friday 2019 Ad Deals

#1 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6503 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:15 PM

https://www.bfads.ne...s/black-friday/

Nothing too great but we're at least starting to get ad leaks.

:xb1: $399.99 Xbox One X Gears 5 Bundle

$349.00 Oculus Rift S

#2 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:36 AM

Clicked the link, the ad says, "FREE Gears 6 Game".
That's EASILY worth $400 by itself.

#3 Sielanas  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:41 AM

I maintain Fuck Lenovo for shipping machines with spyware and trying to pass it off as nothing.
Yay for ads.

#4 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:45 PM

I maintain Fuck Lenovo for shipping machines with spyware and trying to pass it off as nothing.
Yay for ads.

And I call bullshit to your claims. There is nothing wrong with Lenovo and I own several of their products. Please educate yourself with regards to spyware because the US Gov't are the Kings when it comes to spying on it's own people and others around the world. The Chinese are 5 pegs down the ladder.

#5 ritchardf  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

And I call bullshit to your claims. There is nothing wrong with Lenovo and I own several of their products. Please educate yourself with regards to spyware because the US Gov't are the Kings when it comes to spying on it's own people and others around the world. The Chinese are 5 pegs down the ladder.

Chinese national Lenovo employee confirmed

#6 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:56 PM

Chinese national Lenovo employee confirmed

American national citizen confirmed. Here's a hint: "everyone is spying on everyone" especially the USSA. The Chinese are far down the pecking order for me.

#7 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:21 PM

Why are you bringing up the US Govt spying when someone is talking about Lenovo machines shipping with spyware?

#8 Sielanas  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

The government spying on me will affect my life much less than a company selling my info to advertisers.

https://www.itpro.co...lawsuit-for-35m

You wanted a source. Does an actual court case count?

#9 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4172 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:14 PM

Yay for ads.

Why are you picking fight with Lenovo employees, haven't they suffered enough?

#10 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:37 PM

Why are you bringing up the US Govt spying when someone is talking about Lenovo machines shipping with spyware?

Because Windows 10 = Spyware. So is Android, MacOS, iOS etc. You want to pick on the Chinese for dropping Spyware into their computers? If so have a look at the US Gov't who has backdoors into every operating system. Like I said, everybody is spying on everyone. It's not just the Chinese.

#11 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:49 PM

Came for the deals.  Stayed for the spy talk.  Both are kinda lame.

#12 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:06 PM

Because Windows 10 = Spyware. So is Android, MacOS, iOS etc. You want to pick on the Chinese for dropping Spyware into their computers? If so have a look at the US Gov't who has backdoors into every operating system. Like I said, everybody is spying on everyone. It's not just the Chinese.

Seriously, what the Fuck is this? Are you really a Lenevo employee?

#13 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2832 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:18 PM

But... how does this happen if they have a backdoor?
https://www.theguard...civil-liberties

#14 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:17 PM

American national citizen confirmed. Here's a hint: "everyone is spying on everyone" especially the USSA. The Chinese are far down the pecking order for me.

The Chinese are pretty much the only ones involved when it comes to my peking order.

#15 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:23 AM

US gov wants to protect national security. (not excusing them from Obama and W Bush era spying)
China wants to end democracy.

HMM who do I want to protect myself from more?

#16 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

Where is your indisputable proof showing this to be the case? If you're going to make a claim like that you need to back it up with more than "because I said so".

And Lenovo is junk. They only stay in business by being able to sell small form factor PCs at real low prices in bulk to companies for office use. And they do add in more backdoor software and junk than most other manufacturers. Buy a brand new one and run PC decrapifier on it in safe mode and tell me what you see. I did it last week when we upgraded to windows 10 pcs for the supervisors at work with new Lenovo computers.

#17 psobb  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:31 PM

US gov wants to protect national security. (not excusing them from Obama and W Bush era spying)
China wants to end democracy.

HMM who do I want to protect myself from more?

Keep saying that and it will become true. "China wants to end democracy..." sounds about right but also not right. Stop your silly and whiny white supremacy. What is wrong with not believing in democracy? The world and universe does not work and follow on a single value that human being created. DIVERSITY. 

#18 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:53 PM

Keep saying that and it will become true. "China wants to end democracy..." sounds about right but also not right. Stop your silly and whiny white supremacy. What is wrong with not believing in democracy? The world and universe does not work and follow on a single value that human being created. DIVERSITY. 

So you are supportive of China and communism?  I don't understand.

Also, what does supporting America have to do with white supremacy?

#19 ritchardf  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:12 PM

would it be better if he changed democracy to human rights? because china certainly has no use for those.

#20 psobb  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

would it be better if he changed democracy to human rights? because china certainly has no use for those.

As a former human right lawyer who has been studying legal anthropology for years. I would say you are right. But unfortunately, both the US and China has really bad human right status in different ways. No one is better than the other. Same fact applies to the whole spying conversation above. They both spy on people. China is doing it heavily especially domestically while the US has "better" reputation internationally. 

#21 Loose Rattled Gamer  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

Chinese national Lenovo employee and Lebron shill confirmed

FTFY

#22 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:08 PM

As a former human right lawyer who has been studying legal anthropology for years. I would say you are right. But unfortunately, both the US and China has really bad human right status in different ways. No one is better than the other. Same fact applies to the whole spying conversation above. They both spy on people. China is doing it heavily especially domestically while the US has "better" reputation internationally. 

I certainly don't blindly ignore problems in America, but I fully believe that "one is better than the other" on human rights.  America is far superior for freedoms than China.

#23 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:25 PM

This topic went places.

#24 psobb  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:10 AM

I certainly don't blindly ignore problems in America, but I fully believe that "one is better than the other" on human rights.  America is far superior for freedoms than China.

Well, you can "fully believe" that and that is exactly what our media has been feeding American people. The point is that there is no way to quantify "human right", as a result, there is no way to say "overall, the human right status in the US is better than China or vice versa." China definitely has done poorly on protecting domestic human right, for example, to minorities. Unfortunately, if you look at our country, it is even worse in many aspects. Not only are we doing poorly on protecting minorities' human rights in our country, but also our government has initiated several wars or decisions recently made, for example, that caused humanitarian crisis in other countries. China, at least for now, has barely done anything like that. 

So why do you believe what you believed if "human right" is not quantifiable? Because our media say so?

I would recommend "No one is better than the other". 

#25 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:20 AM

I honestly can't believe the amount of dumb shit I've read in a topic for Lenevo Black Friday.

#26 KrAzY3   The 3 is silent. CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:34 PM

Well, you can "fully believe" that and that is exactly what our media has been feeding American people. The point is that there is no way to quantify "human right", as a result, there is no way to say "overall, the human right status in the US is better than China or vice versa."

Is China paying you by the hour? I'm interested in some easy money so I'm wondering what the pay is like.

Yes, there is a way to quantify this. There is no freedom of religion in China. There is no freedom of speech. They did end forced abortions, so yay for them. They moved on to harvesting organs though so... yeah may be not so great.

Anyone who can't tell the difference between China and the US is either brainwashed or trying to spread propaganda. I'm not here to defend everything the US has done, but basically if you pile up all the evil things the US has done over the years, you end up with a situation that rivals present day China. China doesn't allow the most basic of rights. No one should have to explain to you the difference.

#27 Loose Rattled Gamer  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

Is China paying you by the hour? I'm interested in some easy money so I'm wondering what the pay is like.

China isn't paying him but Lebron is

#28 psobb  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:27 PM

Yes, there is a way to quantify this. There is no freedom of religion in China. There is no freedom of speech. They did end forced abortions, so yay for them. They moved on to harvesting organs though so... yeah may be not so great.

Anyone who can't tell the difference between China and the US is either brainwashed or trying to spread propaganda. I'm not here to defend everything the US has done, but basically if you pile up all the evil things the US has done over the years, you end up with a situation that rivals present day China. China doesn't allow the most basic of rights. No one should have to explain to you the difference.

Well, if you wish, you can think I am being paid by president Xi, I really don't mind. I am not even trying to change your mind, however, nothing can change my point of view as well since I have been studying in this field for years. As you listed above, no matter how many evil things the Chinese government did, it is equally unfortunate to look at shitty things our government made. 

As I said, it is a false proposition to say "one is better than the other". Simply because it does not make sense. No one can prove it. 

"Anyone who can't tell the difference between China and the US is either brainwashed or trying to spread propaganda."  What is "the difference between China and the US"? It is too broad to be a meaningful topic. Also, we are talking about human right status in both countries, not "the difference" between them. Please do not try to label other people "either brainwashed or trying to spread propaganda" when you cannot digest some facts others provided. You can find and read dissertations or reports from independent resources all over Google and libraries instead of labelling people. After all we have free internet, don't we?

#29 psobb  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:54 PM

I recommend a book to read if you are into this quantification of human right topic. Sally Merry, The Seduction of Quantification: Measuring Human Rights, Gender Violence, and Sex Trafficking. 

#30 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2832 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

Please do not try to label other people

And then claims anyone that does not agree with him is supporting white supremacy... when called out, ignores his own comments. 

You don't like Lenovo, I get it. OP posted the details of Lenovo's Black Friday ad... that's it. Buy from them or don't.