Lenovo Black Friday 2019 Ad Deals

I maintain fuck Lenovo for shipping machines with spyware and trying to pass it off as nothing.
Yay for ads.

I maintain fuck Lenovo for shipping machines with spyware and trying to pass it off as nothing.
Yay for ads.
And I call bullshit to your claims. There is nothing wrong with Lenovo and I own several of their products. Please educate yourself with regards to spyware because the US Gov't are the Kings when it comes to spying on it's own people and others around the world. The Chinese are 5 pegs down the ladder.

And I call bullshit to your claims. There is nothing wrong with Lenovo and I own several of their products. Please educate yourself with regards to spyware because the US Gov't are the Kings when it comes to spying on it's own people and others around the world. The Chinese are 5 pegs down the ladder.
Chinese national Lenovo employee confirmed

Why are you bringing up the US Govt spying when someone is talking about Lenovo machines shipping with spyware?
Because Windows 10 = Spyware. So is Android, MacOS, iOS etc. You want to pick on the Chinese for dropping Spyware into their computers? If so have a look at the US Gov't who has backdoors into every operating system. Like I said, everybody is spying on everyone. It's not just the Chinese.

Because Windows 10 = Spyware. So is Android, MacOS, iOS etc. You want to pick on the Chinese for dropping Spyware into their computers? If so have a look at the US Gov't who has backdoors into every operating system. Like I said, everybody is spying on everyone. It's not just the Chinese.
Seriously, what the fuck is this? Are you really a Lenevo employee?

American national citizen confirmed. Here's a hint: "everyone is spying on everyone" especially the USSA. The Chinese are far down the pecking order for me.
The Chinese are pretty much the only ones involved when it comes to my peking order.

American national citizen confirmed. Here's a hint: "everyone is spying on everyone" especially the USSA. The Chinese are far down the pecking order for me.
US gov wants to protect national security. (not excusing them from Obama and W Bush era spying)
China wants to end democracy.

HMM who do I want to protect myself from more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is your indisputable proof showing this to be the case? If you're going to make a claim like that you need to back it up with more than "because I said so".

And Lenovo is junk. They only stay in business by being able to sell small form factor PCs at real low prices in bulk to companies for office use. And they do add in more backdoor software and junk than most other manufacturers. Buy a brand new one and run PC decrapifier on it in safe mode and tell me what you see. I did it last week when we upgraded to windows 10 pcs for the supervisors at work with new Lenovo computers.

US gov wants to protect national security. (not excusing them from Obama and W Bush era spying)
China wants to end democracy.

HMM who do I want to protect myself from more?
Keep saying that and it will become true. "China wants to end democracy..." sounds about right but also not right. Stop your silly and whiny white supremacy. What is wrong with not believing in democracy? The world and universe does not work and follow on a single value that human being created. DIVERSITY.

Keep saying that and it will become true. "China wants to end democracy..." sounds about right but also not right. Stop your silly and whiny white supremacy. What is wrong with not believing in democracy? The world and universe does not work and follow on a single value that human being created. DIVERSITY.
So you are supportive of China and communism? I don't understand.

Also, what does supporting America have to do with white supremacy?

would it be better if he changed democracy to human rights? because china certainly has no use for those.

would it be better if he changed democracy to human rights? because china certainly has no use for those.
As a former human right lawyer who has been studying legal anthropology for years. I would say you are right. But unfortunately, both the US and China has really bad human right status in different ways. No one is better than the other. Same fact applies to the whole spying conversation above. They both spy on people. China is doing it heavily especially domestically while the US has "better" reputation internationally.

As a former human right lawyer who has been studying legal anthropology for years. I would say you are right. But unfortunately, both the US and China has really bad human right status in different ways. No one is better than the other. Same fact applies to the whole spying conversation above. They both spy on people. China is doing it heavily especially domestically while the US has "better" reputation internationally.
I certainly don't blindly ignore problems in America, but I fully believe that "one is better than the other" on human rights. America is far superior for freedoms than China.

I certainly don't blindly ignore problems in America, but I fully believe that "one is better than the other" on human rights. America is far superior for freedoms than China.
Well, you can "fully believe" that and that is exactly what our media has been feeding American people. The point is that there is no way to quantify "human right", as a result, there is no way to say "overall, the human right status in the US is better than China or vice versa." China definitely has done poorly on protecting domestic human right, for example, to minorities. Unfortunately, if you look at our country, it is even worse in many aspects. Not only are we doing poorly on protecting minorities' human rights in our country, but also our government has initiated several wars or decisions recently made, for example, that caused humanitarian crisis in other countries. China, at least for now, has barely done anything like that.

So why do you believe what you believed if "human right" is not quantifiable? Because our media say so?

I would recommend "No one is better than the other".

Well, you can "fully believe" that and that is exactly what our media has been feeding American people. The point is that there is no way to quantify "human right", as a result, there is no way to say "overall, the human right status in the US is better than China or vice versa."
Is China paying you by the hour? I'm interested in some easy money so I'm wondering what the pay is like.

Yes, there is a way to quantify this. There is no freedom of religion in China. There is no freedom of speech. They did end forced abortions, so yay for them. They moved on to harvesting organs though so... yeah may be not so great.

Anyone who can't tell the difference between China and the US is either brainwashed or trying to spread propaganda. I'm not here to defend everything the US has done, but basically if you pile up all the evil things the US has done over the years, you end up with a situation that rivals present day China. China doesn't allow the most basic of rights. No one should have to explain to you the difference.

Is China paying you by the hour? I'm interested in some easy money so I'm wondering what the pay is like.

Yes, there is a way to quantify this. There is no freedom of religion in China. There is no freedom of speech. They did end forced abortions, so yay for them. They moved on to harvesting organs though so... yeah may be not so great.

Anyone who can't tell the difference between China and the US is either brainwashed or trying to spread propaganda. I'm not here to defend everything the US has done, but basically if you pile up all the evil things the US has done over the years, you end up with a situation that rivals present day China. China doesn't allow the most basic of rights. No one should have to explain to you the difference.
Well, if you wish, you can think I am being paid by president Xi, I really don't mind. I am not even trying to change your mind, however, nothing can change my point of view as well since I have been studying in this field for years. As you listed above, no matter how many evil things the Chinese government did, it is equally unfortunate to look at shitty things our government made.

As I said, it is a false proposition to say "one is better than the other". Simply because it does not make sense. No one can prove it.

"Anyone who can't tell the difference between China and the US is either brainwashed or trying to spread propaganda." What is "the difference between China and the US"? It is too broad to be a meaningful topic. Also, we are talking about human right status in both countries, not "the difference" between them. Please do not try to label other people "either brainwashed or trying to spread propaganda" when you cannot digest some facts others provided. You can find and read dissertations or reports from independent resources all over Google and libraries instead of labelling people. After all we have free internet, don't we?

I recommend a book to read if you are into this quantification of human right topic. Sally Merry, The Seduction of Quantification: Measuring Human Rights, Gender Violence, and Sex Trafficking.

Please do not try to label other people
And then claims anyone that does not agree with him is supporting white supremacy... when called out, ignores his own comments.

You don't like Lenovo, I get it. OP posted the details of Lenovo's Black Friday ad... that's it. Buy from them or don't.

Well, if you wish, you can think I am being paid by president Xi, I really don't mind.
Of course you don't, because you're a propagandist for his government. Now, why you are doing that is anyone's guess.

There's always one of you in any Chinese discussion, and it's pretty suspicious. You say a lot of words, yet they really don't mean anything. I'm sure you're always like that though. I'm guessing you view rape and grabbing someone's ass as the same thing basically. Perhaps you can't tell the difference between punching someone and saying something mean to him. Everything is relative, what China is doing isn't so bad because they are just a country doing things after all.

Who cares if those things are despicable? Who cares how horribly and reprehensible they are behaving? It's just, you know, a country doing stuff and all countries do stuff. Alright man, what ever.

There's always one of you in any Chinese discussion, and it's pretty suspicious. You say a lot of words, yet they really don't mean anything.
Thank you for pointing this up. I had no idea. I also have paper and dissertation published talking about China, China's legal system and how Chinese (the language) has influenced and crafted China's legal system. So I do talk about China all the time since like I said, I used to be a human right lawyer. I visited Xinjiang (where the camps are going on) for my field research when I was in law school. I research on China, like many other lawyer and anthropologists in the US do. Why it is suspicious to you?

"Who cares if those things are despicable? Who cares how horribly and reprehensible they are behaving? It's just, you know, a country doing stuff and all countries do stuff. Alright man, what ever."

I don't know if you even read what I said. What I am trying to say is that what they did can be horrible, but it is nonsense to say what we did is absolutely better or worse than what China did since there is no way to prove it.

People need to condemn on any government for what they did wrong using consistent standard. You can't say invading other countries and causing human right crisis in other countries does not affect the US human right status since our country protect human right much better domestically. You are not part of it, you cannot experience it does not mean it does not exist.

So please read it through and try to grasp the logic better.

So please read it through and try to grasp the logic better.
Oh, I do grasp your logic. You are using whataboutism with a healthy dose of ignoring specific egregious human rights violations in China. You have chosen to rather than address problems with China in a discussion about China, to say hey look over there! That's how this always goes though, I say forced abortion and the respondent just refuses to talk about it. They might accuse me of racism (I'm extremely sympathetic to Chinese citizens and people living under Chinese occupations) or call me a sinophobe, but none will do more than give passing credence to specific evil deeds of the Chinese government.

Which coincidentally is exactly how China deals with their dirty laundry. They just don't allow people to talk about it, and that is at the heart of the problem. It is spreading to. Their prohibition on talking about it is spreading and poisoning discourse far outside of China. Send a tweet about Hong Kong and face potential repercussions. Put Taiwan's flag in your movie and that might be a problem. Scrub it from your app while you're at it. Next thing you know you're playing a video game made in New Zealand that Tencent invested in, and magically on the anniversary of Tienanmen's Square political speech is banned and people are muted for mentioning Tienanmen's Square. What a coincidence huh?

That's what so insidious here and why there is no valid comparisons to other countries. No other countries are successfully preventing even discourse about their wrong doings in such a way. Sure, all countries do bad things, but China isn't just unapologetic, they punish you for even mentioning their wrong doings! There is no freedom of press to investigate either, so they can more successfully hide their wrong doings.

There is no analog for China's social credit score system. What it is and will be though is one of the most evil methods of systematic oppression the world has ever seen. Not only can you not speak out against what China is doing, you can't be friends with anyone who did it either! They've created a system that doesn't even allow discussion and furthermore forces complete isolation on anyone who dares to speak up. This to is spreading though, you think it will be contained within China? It already isn't, play a game Tencent owns a stake in and you might find your speech limitations mirroring what goes on in mainland China. Watch a Disney movie and you might see it censored according to what mainland China wants. Watch an interview of an NBA player and you might see him saying what the Chinese government wants. Consider this, NBA athletes are more willing to speak out against the American government than they are to speak out against the Chinese government, even though in theory they should be far more vulnerable to retaliation from the government of the country they live in.

The evil doesn't come entirely in the worst of what China does. It comes from what China's ideal of the world is, how they want things to be everywhere. They don't merely want to dominant economically. They don't merely want to expand their territory. They don't merely want to oppress their own citizens. No, that's not enough. They don't even want discussions like ours to be able to occur, anywhere...

Oh, I do grasp your logic. You are using whataboutism with a healthy dose of ignoring specific egregious human rights violations in China. You have chosen to rather than address problems with China in a discussion about China, to say hey look over there! That's how this always goes though, I say forced abortion and the respondent just refuses to talk about it. They might accuse me of racism (I'm extremely sympathetic to Chinese citizens and people living under Chinese occupations) or call me a sinophobe, but none will do more than give passing credence to specific evil deeds of the Chinese government.

Which coincidentally is exactly how China deals with their dirty laundry. They just don't allow people to talk about it, and that is at the heart of the problem. It is spreading to. Their prohibition on talking about it is spreading and poisoning discourse far outside of China. Send a tweet about Hong Kong and face potential repercussions. Put Taiwan's flag in your movie and that might be a problem. Scrub it from your app while you're at it. Next thing you know you're playing a video game made in New Zealand that Tencent invested in, and magically on the anniversary of Tienanmen's Square political speech is banned and people are muted for mentioning Tienanmen's Square. What a coincidence huh?

That's what so insidious here and why there is no valid comparisons to other countries. No other countries are successfully preventing even discourse about their wrong doings in such a way. Sure, all countries do bad things, but China isn't just unapologetic, they punish you for even mentioning their wrong doings! There is no freedom of press to investigate either, so they can more successfully hide their wrong doings.

There is no analog for China's social credit score system. What it is and will be though is one of the most evil methods of systematic oppression the world has ever seen. Not only can you not speak out against what China is doing, you can't be friends with anyone who did it either! They've created a system that doesn't even allow discussion and furthermore forces complete isolation on anyone who dares to speak up. This to is spreading though, you think it will be contained within China? It already isn't, play a game Tencent owns a stake in and you might find your speech limitations mirroring what goes on in mainland China. Watch a Disney movie and you might see it censored according to what mainland China wants. Watch an interview of an NBA player and you might see him saying what the Chinese government wants. Consider this, NBA athletes are more willing to speak out against the American government than they are to speak out against the Chinese government, even though in theory they should be far more vulnerable to retaliation from the government of the country they live in.

The evil doesn't come entirely in the worst of what China does. It comes from what China's ideal of the world is, how they want things to be everywhere. They don't merely want to dominant economically. They don't merely want to expand their territory. They don't merely want to oppress their own citizens. No, that's not enough. They don't even want discussions like ours to be able to occur, anywhere...
Wow. Yellow Peril much? You understand that these companies and organizations have no obligation to actually do business with or localize media for China, right? You’d be more productive holding domestic businesses accountable for exploiting virtual and literal slave labor than jumping on the “ fuck China” train. Moving factories to other developing countries doesn’t solve the problem either when other countries have similar human rights abuses. Blaming China is scapegoating them without looking at the system that led to these issues.

Why is there politics in a Black Friday deal thread anyways...

Wow. Yellow Peril much? You understand that these companies and organizations have no obligation to actually do business with or localize media for China, right? You’d be more productive holding domestic businesses accountable for exploiting virtual and literal slave labor than jumping on the “ fuck China” train. Moving factories to other developing countries doesn’t solve the problem either when other countries have similar human rights abuses. Blaming China is scapegoating them without looking at the system that led to these issues.

Why is there politics in a Black Friday deal thread anyways...
Someone complained about spyware on Lenevo.

Then someone else brought in US/China politics.

Then he came back with his alt account to pour gasoline in the fire.

Which coincidentally is exactly how China deals with their dirty laundry.
All I was saying is that China does have their dirty laundry and so do we. That's it. I don't know where did you get the "give passing credence to specific evil deeds of the Chinese government" part. Also, if you really want to show your patriotism, while keep an eye on Chinese government, you really should pay more attention on our own government as well since they have very much different dirty laundry collections. In terms of human right status, shouting at China for its F does not make our D even close to be "good".

Let me put in this way, if you think many policies the China's government carried out are evil, for example, to take away freedom of speech and many more (Which it is, btw). What do you think about our government did over the years to invade other countries causing humanitarian crisis in other countries, turn people into refugees, and take away innocent people's right to life. That's fine to you because...Chinese government does a crappier job or you think sacrificing other people's human right in other countries does not matter?

"but China isn't just unapologetic, they punish you for even mentioning their wrong doings! " You are right, but unfortunately, our government also does this. Do you really don't know that? What happened to Snowden? If you go to China, people complain about their government all the time. However, if what you said caused great impact, yes, that person will be in trouble. The government might invite him or her to "have a cup of tea". As I mentioned above, no matter who did it, it is equally unfortunate and evil.

That is some killer logic, to jump from supporting democracy to being a white supremacist and nationalist. You must have some rocket boots on to make that leap!

bread's done
Back