Pokémon Sword and Shield Dualpack w/ Steelbook $119.99 (Target)

DiaperDandee

CAGiversary!
Target exclusive steelbook

I apologize if there was a topic somewhere on this already but I didn’t see one. I have a feeling this thing will be hard to find and ridiculously expensive on eBay at some point.

Wonder if you return it later if you have to return the free steelbook..
already have sword coming, but wouldn’t mind getting one. Not sure I want both games..

Ugh I went with the plush Keychains from Pokémon center... I'd rather have this steel book I think. The Keychains sound like just a random toss in not a special pack in box. I know it sounds dumb but it makes a difference for Pokémon games if you're a collector.

Based off the box art they show with the double pack, it's assumed that the gold pack is included inside the packaging and not a standalone steelbook.  I suppose we wont know for sure until it releases. 

Based off the box art they show with the double pack, it's assumed that the gold pack is included inside the packaging and not a standalone steelbook. I suppose we wont know for sure until it releases.
It has to be separate packaging. Everyone is getting the same double pack. The extras will be on the side.

***looks like my suspicions are incorrect. Steel book might come in package.***

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually looking at the two on target, the steelbook version kinda does look like it’s included in the package... damn.
Thicker than the standard double pack.

Based off the box art they show with the double pack, it's assumed that the gold pack is included inside the packaging and not a standalone steelbook. I suppose we wont know for sure until it releases.
I cancelled my pokemon center double pack and got this instead

Actually looking at the two on target, the steelbook version kinda does look like it’s included in the package... damn.
Thicker than the standard double pack.
You are right. I didnt even notice that the box has the steel book pictured on it.

fuck I didn't realize that I chose shipping over store pick up... Will arrive between the 18-21. That blows.

I do not think store pick-up was ever available for this at least it wasn't for me.
Yeah it wasn’t an option, I didn’t see express delivery either for extra which is weird. I’m tempted to just go to Target on my day off and try to snag one when they open. They ad said they’d have limited quantities in store right?

For what's its worth I just got off chat with Target and they issued me a 10% refund for the troubles. I'm going to have to try in store tomorrow.

The race is on to see whether my now shipped shop4megastore orders arrive from the UK before Target can manage their incompetent distro team. I would say it's Nintendo screwing this up, but they've been consistent with delays and even oversold cancellations. There is definitely some fuckery on their end going on.

Someone actually did an unboxing video for this dual pack and both games come in plastic cases like regular versions. I’m tempted to buy Sword tomorrow and just return my other one in the pack (if it doesn’t say “not for resale somewhere on the back of it) when I get the double pack.

Someone actually did an unboxing video for this dual pack and both games come in plastic cases like regular versions. I’m tempted to buy Sword tomorrow and just return my other one in the pack (if it doesn’t say “not for resale somewhere on the back of it) when I get the double pack.
I just checked the back of my pokemon sun copy that was part of the amazon dual pack, and it does say not for resale on the back.

I may do that as well. 2 weeks to play is a really long time

I may do that as well. 2 weeks to play is a really long time
From what I saw they looked extremely similar on the backside in the European unboxing with the same case. I just don’t want you wasting money on what it looked like to me lol.

If someone gets it tomorrow and could verify if it say not for resale or something like that, that would be great.

I’m going to try and pick up another one of these dual packs tomorrow. I just hope it isn’t something where they get like 2 per store or only some stores have them and others don’t, etc.

If I get one I’ll come back and let people know what the cases look like.

From what I saw they looked extremely similar on the backside in the European unboxing with the same case. I just don’t want you wasting money on what it looked like to me lol.

If someone gets it tomorrow and could verify if it say not for resale or something like that, that would be great.

I’m going to try and pick up another one of these dual packs tomorrow. I just hope it isn’t something where they get like 2 per store or only some stores have them and others don’t, etc.

If I get one I’ll come back and let people know what the cases look like.
I think this is online exclusive. Store pickup was never available and Brickseek doesn't show any inventory within 250 miles (the latter may just be since it's still a pre-release but I'm doubtful).

For what it's worth, it's in stock again online.

Last edited by a moderator:
My backordered Target.com order for the dual pack with steenbook now says "preparing" and the estimate has gone to delivery anywhere from November 18th to the 24th.

I think this is online exclusive. Store pickup was never available and Brickseek doesn't show any inventory within 250 miles (the latter may just be since it's still a pre-release but I'm doubtful).

For what it's worth, it's in stock again online.
While Brickseek is awesome, it has been incorrect several times for me in the past. Preordering online isn’t working at least right now, when you click preorder it says, “Currently Unavailable” on the next screen.

I’d think they’d have at least some in stores with “while supplies last” on the actual ad but maybe not.

Good luck hunting everyone.

The website just allowed me to do an in store pickup order "ready in 2 hours"
i did the same this morning and my target online said had no pokemon games in store steelbook or regular single copies, so luckily the target by my friends had the steelbook and going there tomorrow so picking it up before i go to his house

Just came back from picking up the order I made an hour ago. Price matched the steelbook for $99.88 and was ready very quick. I'd just do store pickup if you're worried about shipping times.

bread's done
Back