- - - - -

Target Ad 11/3-11/9: Buy 2 Get 1 Free Video Games, Movies, Board Games, Books and Music

#1 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2925 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:42 AM

Buy 2 Get 1 Free Video Games*

*Select video games are excluded (ad doesn't state which). Count on Pokémon to be one of the for sure and most likely first party Switch titles

-Returns are prorated, so if you get three like-priced items it's essentially 33% off each item.

-Yes they are going "jack the prices up to MSRP". They always do. Your not the first one to notice this 👌🏻.

-Despite this, occasionally you can catch the prices for lower on Target.com. Sometimes Target.com is matching some other retailers deal and sometimes you can pair it with this offer. For the first few hours or first few days even.

-Target's website usually updates around 3am-4am

-No, you can't buy a game now and then exchange it later this month for a game that hasn't been released yet. Unless you can sweet talk the guest services worker.

-You can price match other retailers and then get the cheapest item free. It's technically against price match policy but the point of sale will allow so best of luck.

-REDcard saves you 5% as always.

#2 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:51 AM

Target's been doing a lot of these B2G1 free sales lately.  Good to see it going on another week.  I've been loading up on CD's and Blu-Rays with the most recent sales.  Awesome that a lot of preorders are eligible too.

#3 EinCB  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:39 AM

Is this online as well? Thank you.

#4 jerkyjake34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

jerkyjake34

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:43 AM

This sale might start in-store on the 3rd, but it’s already started online. Currently it also includes movies, books, music, and board games.

#5 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   1055 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 09:42 AM

After my first two ever attempts were shut down by typical 45 year old stiff who acts like they pay him 750 not 7.50 an hour and clueless teenage girl, I found great luck with the smaller selection of the biggest new releases at those small mini-convenience Targets in big cities where space is limited. They maybe sell a few games a month there and price matched every time.

Please update the OP with the running list of best prices to match from Amazon etc

#6 Shadow Cloud   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Shadow Cloud

Posted 02 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

If this includes preorders than I'm all in since I want Death Stranding, Jedi Fallen Order, and Modern Warfare.

#7 EvilSena  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:27 PM

What's more funny is that Amazon just finish with their Promotion too even thought there wasn't much i the sale lineup.

#8 media_wonder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

media_wonder

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

After my first two ever attempts were shut down by typical 45 year old stiff who acts like they pay him 750 not 7.50 an hour and clueless teenage girl, I found great luck with the smaller selection of the biggest new releases at those small mini-convenience Targets in big cities where space is limited. They maybe sell a few games a month there and price matched every time.

Please update the OP with the running list of best prices to match from Amazon etc

do you also happen to wear a fedora?

#9 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3266 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:46 PM

do you also happen to wear a fedora?

He wore white on halloween and everyone thought he was the stay puft marshmallow man.

#10 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:02 PM

Probably excludes most first party Switch games :-/

#11 EvilSena  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:51 PM

They should put in TLoZ: Breathe of the Wild in there to help them with future sales on the sequel.

#12 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10047 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:01 PM

They should put in TLoZ: Breathe of the Wild in there to help them with future sales on the sequel.

It’s sold 15M copies and the sequel isn’t out until probably 2021. They don’t need to help sales for it, it was nearly a 100% attach rate.

#13 EvilSena  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:06 PM

It’s sold 15M copies and the sequel isn’t out until probably 2021. They don’t need to help sales for it, it was nearly a 100% attach rate.

I meant for new people, but I didn't know it was coming out in two year. I thought it the release date was next year. My bad. ;P

#14 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   911 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:18 PM

If this includes preorders than I'm all in since I want Death Stranding, Jedi Fallen Order, and Modern Warfare.

I hope so too. I placed an order for the last of us and cyberpunk with a $40 off coupon that I got for getting a redcard. If preorders work then I will do the good deal dance. 

#15 Ampplays  

Ampplays

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:46 PM

Some notable pre orders on BOGO
Shenmue III
Sonic Mario Tokyo 2020
Darksiders Genesis
Nioh 2

#16 WiiGame   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:41 AM

Mario and Sonic Olympic Games 2020 is pre-order, but part of the buy 2 get 1 free

#17 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1745 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:51 AM

Show 20 is also eligible

#18 Puppet Master   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Puppet Master

Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:31 AM

Just a note when you click on the ad it takes you to a page that says online only. Under the B2G1 details it says

"Offer available online only. Buy 2 get 1 free on select video games, board games, movies, activity kits, music and books. Add all items to cart to receive discount. Discount applied at checkout. Not valid on previous orders. Lowest-priced item will be free. Offer excludes items sold & shipped by Target Plus™ 3rd Party Partners, select video games and clearance items. Quantities limited. Discount not applicable to gift wrap, tax, or shipping and handling charges. If a qualifying item in your order is returned, refund value will be reduced by the prorated discount amount of the item. Pricing, promotions and availability may vary by location and on Target.com. Offer expires 11/2/2019 at 11:59pm PT."

In short terms only valid today.

Not sure why it says that since it seems off but just a note.

#19 ritchardf  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:33 AM

Just a note when you click on the ad it takes you to a page that says online only. Under the B2G1 details it says

"Offer available online only. Buy 2 get 1 free on select video games, board games, movies, activity kits, music and books. Add all items to cart to receive discount. Discount applied at checkout. Not valid on previous orders. Lowest-priced item will be free. Offer excludes items sold & shipped by Target Plus™ 3rd Party Partners, select video games and clearance items. Quantities limited. Discount not applicable to gift wrap, tax, or shipping and handling charges. If a qualifying item in your order is returned, refund value will be reduced by the prorated discount amount of the item. Pricing, promotions and availability may vary by location and on Target.com. Offer expires 11/2/2019 at 11:59pm PT."

In short terms only valid today.

Not sure why it says that since it seems off but just a note.

because online its been going on all last week.

#20 Puppet Master   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Puppet Master

Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:42 AM

because online its been going on all last week.

It has? Damn must have missed reading something else thanks for confirming.

#21 ritchardf  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:06 AM

It has? Damn must have missed reading something else thanks for confirming.

yeah, its pretty limited online, and it wasnt in any ad or anything, so hopefully this week it will include more games

#22 Camm  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:08 AM

Buy 2 Get 1 Free Video Games*

*Select video games are excluded (ad doesn't state which). Count on Pokémon to be one of the for sure and most likely first party Switch titles

I'm assuming posting ad scans is still a no-no, but the Pokemon 3DS games are pretty well featured on the B2G1 page.

#23 JakeM17   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:29 AM

Interesting that some pre orders count.

#24 Zantra  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:37 AM

Looks like Nintendo games are included, if the ad is to be believed. Which is great news, as there are apparently a lot of 3DS and Switch games going on clearance in Target stores.

#25 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2795 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:13 AM

3ds games dont appear to be b2g1

#26 Zantra  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:19 AM

The ad shows 3DS games though. Luigi's Mansion and two Pokemon games are shown. All 3DS games.

#27 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3734 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:48 AM

:o online shows a few switch games and preorders like rpg maker and sword art online but no 3ds titles at all. Decisions, decisions...

#28 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2795 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:42 AM

The ad shows 3DS games though. Luigi's Mansion and two Pokemon games are shown. All 3DS games.

not showing up online but perhaps you can get it done instore

#29 Zantra  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

Well, it's an ad for the store, so I would hope so. The Target website almost seems like a different entity entirely. I've had employees fight me on price matching the website, for items that they have in the store. Even though they are the same store. Another weird thing, is that the Target 6 miles from my house has different prices, and different items on sale than the store two miles from my house. It's very weird.

#30 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3734 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:47 AM

The online prices are so much cheaper. :X I have a coupon though that I can only use in store. Will they let me PM their website and keep the b2g1 promo?