YMMV new Best Buy Mystery Rewards Certificate

BentoBox

CAG Newbie
Hey, just got an email from Best Buy for the mystery certificate again. Had a $5 certificate for the end Oct.
The date for this certificate to end is 11/6.
Is this a new round of them or a mistake?

I sure would like to know why I’ve never received one of these.
Elite Plus Member for about 10 years in a row and nothing.

I sure would like to know why I’ve never received one of these.
Elite Plus Member for about 10 years in a row and nothing.
Same here. Probably because they take us for granted. Gotta love companies who reward people who DONT shop with them.

They're not rewarding them; they're enticing them to come into the store and spend money...
So that thing that has the opportunity to win 5k isn’t a reward either? I’ve never gotten that chance.
I’ll spend money. Give me free money and I’ll spend more.

I have one, but the problem is I can't think of anything I want to buy there right now.

I might get the Yakuza 6 special edition for $11 after GCU and coupon, even though I'm just now starting the series with Kiwami. If my store had Mega Man X Legacy Collection in stock I'd get that since it's $20 right now.

Can you use these on things the PSN or eshop cards? If it recall they made it so reward zone certs no longer work on those (or was it gift cards>?)

Can you use these on things the PSN or eshop cards? If it recall they made it so reward zone certs no longer work on those (or was it gift cards>?)
You could still use it online a few months ago. I used mine for Nintendo eShop card through the app.

They're not rewarding them; they're enticing them to come into the store and spend money...
They are literally calling it a "reward" certificate. Secondly I understand that, but it doesn't erase the notion these promos are a slap in face. Makes me just want to go with Amazon over BB during the same sale because at least I get to earn reward points. Because Amazon actually rewards their regular customers

Last edited by a moderator:
They are literally calling it a "reward" certificate. Secondly I understand that, but it doesn't erase the notion these promos are a slap in face. Makes me just want to go with Amazon over BB during the same sale because at least I get to earn reward points. Because Amazon actually rewards their regular customers
You are very easily offended. I have never got one of these emails and I don't get chewy.com, pet supplies plus or even bed bath and beyond coupons in the mail either despite shopping at all three; yet I still go on. Amazon has reward points? I don't have prime and I don't have their credit card, so I really have no clue. Best Buy does have reward points.

So that thing that has the opportunity to win 5k isn’t a reward either? I’ve never gotten that chance.
I’ll spend money. Give me free money and I’ll spend more.
You like me and many others didn't get one. Oh well, I probably would've bought something too, continue to wait for black Friday.

My God.... People are getting so upset lol. Relax! It's $5....I shop there all the time and got it. Others shop there all the time and didn't... Not a big deal

You are very easily offended. I have never got one of these emails and I don't get chewy.com, pet supplies plus or even bed bath and beyond coupons in the mail either despite shopping at all three; yet I still go on. Amazon has reward points? I don't have prime and I don't have their credit card, so I really have no clue. Best Buy does have reward points.
I wouldn't call it offended, just pointing out that you don't value your biggest spenders by giving "rewards" to those who don't spend a dime. I'm not going out there writing angree emails to corporate lmao

Again I ask, what are these people being rewarded for?

Others and myself have commented in this thread the $5 rewards are sent out randomly to their customers (according to Best Buy).  For whatever reason, some of you don't want to accept this.  I believe them because I've gotten the reward and have not gotten them in all three membership levels.

Best Buy has a lot of members and I doubt they can afford to send out $5+ rewards to all of them, so they limit it to what they can afford.  And to make it fair and not choose who gets it by membership status (or how much they spend), they randomly choose.

For the first time in a long time I didn’t get one of these coupons. My main Best Buy also closed for good last Saturday and I got no official notice.[emoji24]

I called corporate today and Corie Berry there new CEO is personally issuing a $500 reward certificate for me and upgrading my account from Elite status to Elite Plus for free. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have to opt in to receive their emails?

Maybe those of you who didnt get an email need to opt out, then opt back in for the next time they do this.

you can combine it with the 25% off toy coupon ending up getting my kid a peppa pig toy swing set thing for 1 dollar after coupon and 5 dollar certificate :p

We actually got the email this time... We needed with the $5 certificate (better than nothing though I guess)...

For the first time in a long time I didn’t get one of these coupons. My main Best Buy also closed for good last Saturday and I got no official notice.[emoji24]

I called corporate today and Corie Berry there new CEO is personally issuing a $500 reward certificate for me and upgrading my account from Elite status to Elite Plus for free. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[attachment=33103:Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 3.38.29 PM.png]​

bread's done
Back