* * * * - 14 votes

Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

#331 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14865 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:55 PM

Walmart page for the $200 PS4 Pro 3 Game Bundle https://www.walmart....Black/431121707

Knowing Walmart in the past, this will be released early.

Pricing is odd right now. Online it is $299, in store it's $249, but on BF it will be $200. Doubt it'll be anything but $200 but something to keep in mind.

Err, that's not a Pro. . .I was about to let people know about that until I clicked the link lol. Still a good bundle, but a Pro would have demolished sales this year if it was $200. :p

#332 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:57 PM

Err, that's not a Pro. . .I was about to let people know about that until I clicked the link lol. Still a good bundle, but a Pro would have demolished sales this year if it was $200. :p

Oops, fixed. Mind was on autopilot.

#333 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

Pretty sure Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers are on ios devices.  Maybe try one of them instead of Safari?

Eh; they all look strange on my device. It’s all good; it’ll be fine. 

Worse comes to worst I’ll just print the excel spreadsheets out at work like the day before. 

#334 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:31 PM

it's that time of the year again

ELXsvWW.gif

#335 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:24 AM

Wouldn’t be Black Friday without your classic GIFs, Ferrari. 

#336 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:39 AM

A BF without Toys R Us doesn't feel right

Spoiler

#337 Zantra  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:54 AM

A BF without Toys R Us doesn't feel right

Spoiler

They exist online and sell their toys through Target now.

#338 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7840 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:04 AM

Walmart always pulls this shit. I expect it this Thursday. Gamestop is even worse and I expect it next Thursday.

So far there's nothing but a few handfuls of deals to me. I have like 50 smaller websites bookmarked to check that day/weekend tho. Not gaming stuff but I've found some of my best deals on little sites with b1g1 for stuff I'm into (books vinyl etc).

Since I had discounted GameStop gift cards and trade credit from last weekend's $5 flip-a-palooza, I went ahead and bought my new model Switch from GameStop last night.  I wanted to wait to see if they were going to do a free gift card with the system, but (a) there were some eShop games that I wanted, (b) that Mario Kart 8 Switch bundle is the biggest bait-and-switch I've seen in a long time, and © I really hate shopping at GameStop.  Unless they do something really great, I probably won't set foot in GameStop on Black Friday.

So far, Target seems to have the best prices on physical Switch titles for Black Friday.  And the Target employees could give a rat's ass about selling me a warranty or a magazine subscription when I only want to purchase the crap that I went in there to buy.  They just want me to keep moving so I don't hold up the line. 

#339 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:58 AM

I really hate shopping at GameStop.  Unless they do something really great, I probably won't set foot in GameStop on Black Friday.

You don't like being asked every 20 seconds by a GS employee if you want to pre-order an upcoming game? I live for those moments!  :)

#340 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1628 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:04 AM

I feel for yall who have gamestop problems, but truth is my store is great. All the regular employees know me and know my deal. They don't ask me about warrantees and I'm already a pro member. They regularly order me stuff and help me beyond a normal customer. They don't test controllers I bring in.

My issue is with the seasonal employees. Now THOSE guys are idiots and then some. If I see one I usually just wait until someone I recognize is there. I was told once "no I don't think we do pre-orders". Lmao.

#341 Redd214  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:13 AM

I feel for yall who have gamestop problems, but truth is my store is great. All the regular employees know me and know my deal. They don't ask me about warrantees and I'm already a pro member. They regularly order me stuff and help me beyond a normal customer. They don't test controllers I bring in.

My issue is with the seasonal employees. Now THOSE guys are idiots and then some. If I see one I usually just wait until someone I recognize is there. I was told once "no I don't think we do pre-orders". Lmao.

Ive been saying basically the same for years. There are 5 Gamestops within 20 minutes of my house and Ive never really had an issue at any of them in all the years I've shopped there.

#342 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4129 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:04 AM

Any deals on Instant Pots yet? Been wanting to get one.

#343 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3424 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:17 AM

Any deals on Instant Pots yet? Been wanting to get one.

I think target does

#344 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11322 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:40 AM

Ive been saying basically the same for years. There are 5 Gamestops within 20 minutes of my house and Ive never really had an issue at any of them in all the years I've shopped there.

Eh, more likely than no, both of your aren't trying to get away with something or at least are somewhat reasonable about your trade-ins. 
Usually the big Gamestop hate rants usually leave out the part of the story where the person posting it is doing some dubious-at-best stuff to try to flip their way from $100 to $1000 in store credit by just buying and selling games between 4 stores by exploiting bonuses.

#345 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3545 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:50 AM

I specifically go to one that is a few miles farther than a couple others because the 3 regular employees are super cool. That doesn’t mean I still don’t have problems with GameStop (locked out of my account, B2G1 coupon used by someone). Definitely not looking forward to all the seasonal employees starting to work.

#346 sleepySLP  

sleepySLP

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:10 AM

is there a spread sheet of deals like every year?

#347 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:00 AM

Meijer BF ad released: https://www.bfads.ne...ds/black-friday

notable offer is days gone for $14.99

In another matter, In the last years, Walmart released their BF ad around 16 days before the actual BF, so today should be the day. 

#348 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:42 AM

All we need now is for Walmart and GameStop to spill their load and we'll have a White Christmas on Black Friday. Cyber Monday is always sloppy seconds.

#349 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:32 AM

All we need now is for Walmart and GameStop to spill their load and we'll have a White Christmas on Black Friday. Cyber Monday is always sloppy seconds.

Oh my!  :-o  This whole post is one humongous metaphor!  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

#350 NeoMonk  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:10 AM

Does anyone know anything about "Kohl's Cash"? Is it basically store credit you can spend on w/e you want in a 1 to 1 ratio? 

#351 Zantra  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Does anyone know anything about "Kohl's Cash"? Is it basically store credit you can spend on w/e you want in a 1 to 1 ratio?

I'm almost 100% sure it's like a gift card for Kohl's.

#352 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:37 AM

Yeah; I think you get $10 for every $50 you spend. They’re only good for a short time after the original purchase, so make sure to check your dates.

#353 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:39 PM

The Genesis Mini on sale for $50 at Meijer. May get that.

#354 Zantra  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

The Genesis Mini on sale for $50 at Meijer. May get that.

Do they have an online store? I live in California now, and we don't have them out here. Unfortunately. Though we are getting Five Below, finally.

#355 sleepySLP  

sleepySLP

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:21 PM

no spread sheet? at this point i may just make one myself. how is it no one on the internet made one? lol

#356 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2568 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:24 PM

Meijer BF ad released: https://www.bfads.ne...ds/black-friday

notable offer is days gone for $14.99

Valuable to note that PS4 Days Gone (and also PS4 Marvel's Spider-Man GOTY)  is part of Meijer week-long BF deals beginning on Sunday (Nov.24th) thru Saturday (Nov.30th).  High possibility to be able to price-match with other competitive retailers, but always YMMV.  Happy hunting!

#357 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

no spread sheet? at this point i may just make one myself. how is it no one on the internet made one? lol

That would be better than lazily griping about it.

Or you could just read the thread and see there's a link in the 2nd post and also multiple times within the last few posts.

#358 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

1. You're someone.

2. You should make one yourself.

3. lol

Bonus: *Read the thread.

Super bonus:

Spoiler

#359 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:54 PM

Lol, there is a community spreadsheet in the 2nd post.  People need to open their eyes.

#360 sleepySLP  

sleepySLP

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:05 PM

it wasnt there last time i checked.