* * * * - 14 votes

Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

#721 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8878 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:57 PM

Gamestop has to do this or else people will just shop on Amazon.   I guess that's the world we live in when you have Amazon whom prices matches all game sales from major retailers, and they are able to skate by in America without having to pay any corporate taxes at all.  It's an unfair system; it's causing most of our brick and mortar stores to close.  It's a joke. 

#722 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:00 PM

Would be pretty funny if they were like, “Fuck it; website’s gonna crash regardless and we’re on our way out, anyway. Lolz cya suckers”

#723 dogwitch  

dogwitch

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

thank you for the ref on the post. oddly its really small front for me. i grab it.

#724 zekana  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

Saw that 5 below will have buy 1 get 1 free for amiibo. Just saw a clearer image and it's only for animal crossing. I'm disappoint
https://www.bfads.ne...-friday/page-2#

#725 knothead65  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:25 PM

Seriously. Haven't purchased anything at GameStop for atleast 5 years. Selling opened games as new is a joke. Why not give a discount atleast since the seal was broken and it's opened.

Gonna throw a party when they go out of business. I welcome my digital overlords.

What is up with all you guys who don't even shop at Gamestop wanting the store to fail. If you don't like shopping there fine but why even comment. Many of us on here get plenty of deals at Gamestop and for me it's the closest game store within 30 miles. Sometimes they don't have the best policies but they also employ a ton of people, yet you clowns want all these people to lose jobs.

#726 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2792 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:29 PM

What is up with all you guys who don't even shop at Gamestop wanting the store to fail. If you don't like shopping there fine but why even comment. Many of us on here get plenty of deals at Gamestop and for me it's the closest game store within 30 miles. Sometimes they don't have the best policies but they also employ a ton of people, yet you clowns want all these people to lose jobs.

Why do you care how we feel though? No one told you to stop going there. Keep supporting them, donate to them, whatever. It's a forum on the internet and people have different opinions. Did you just discover the internet?

I personally feel that GameStop treats both it's employees and customers like shit so I'm praying for their downfall.

#727 knothead65  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:33 PM

Why do you care how we feel though? No one told you to stop going there. Keep supporting them, donate to them, whatever. It's a forum on the internet and people have different opinions. Did you just discover the internet?

I personally feel that GameStop treats both it's employees and customers like shit so I'm praying for their downfall.

CAG is a gaming Deals forum, maybe that's why? If I want some chuds opinion on Gamestop I can watch that loser Camelot's vids on youtube....

#728 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2792 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

CAG is a gaming Deals forum, maybe that's why? If I want some chuds opinion on Gamestop I can watch that loser Camelot's vids on youtube....

Then block me. I don't know what else to tell you. Good job with the name calling too. Lol. Usually when people can't argue the content they start with the insults.

What's a chud btw?

#729 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

Hey man, GameStop’s ad still hasn’t been posted yet so I think it’s only fair that we roast them.

Until the deals start next week there’s not much else to talk about anyway, so.....🤷‍♂️

#730 movie2cats   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:04 PM

What's a chud btw?

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller

Great movie!

#731 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2792 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

Great movie!

Thank you. I'm impressed by the insult. Gotta watch the movie now.

#732 Ltrain8765   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Ltrain8765

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

I am not really tech savy--    Any advice on lap top deals from tech knowledable people?  Just looking to surf the net while giving my main lap top a break-  thanks

#733 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2792 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:42 PM

I am not really tech savy-- Any advice on lap top deals from tech knowledable people? Just looking to surf the net while giving my main lap top a break- thanks

I usually look at Slickdeals and use the keyword "laptop" to get notifications when they go on sale. I've found some great deals through that approach.

#734 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:56 PM

Is Best Buy still doing early access to Black Friday deals this year? Anyone have an idea when that usually is (is it like the Sunday before?)?

Sorry if this has been asked many times, haven’t had time to be on this topic in awhile unfortunately.

#735 proton8d  

proton8d

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:14 PM

hey! i started the spreadsheet. definitely want people to be able to make copies. i just took a look on another account and was able to do that. just go to file>make a copy and give it another shot. let me know if you're still having trouble. does anyone else have issues with this?

i locked the spreadsheet down because some people were telling me it was getting trolled. i plan on opening it up again once some more black friday ads come through.

as for the request to add sorting in, we had that before, but if one person is sorting one way, it effects everyone. so i recommend making a personal copy and then adding sorting to that.

I don't see any option to make a copy.  In fact, there is no "file" menu to even click on from what I can see on my end???  I can screenshot it if you want?

#736 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:59 PM

GameStop released their "early deals" ad which is probably really their Black Friday ad with really shitty deals. The only thing I'd want is that yummy white PS4 Pro but with PS5 backwards compatibility I hope it enhances performance of PS4 games instead of just playing them. Still it's just the console with nothing for $300 which isn't much incentive.

Unless there is some amazing trade-in offer any of the game deals are going to be similar to everywhere else.

#737 Jakinator178   NPC Furry CAG in Training   16 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Jakinator178

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:28 PM

Gamestop teased their ad in a Facebook post. I guess it will come out by sunday.

#738 civita  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:30 PM

I don't see any option to make a copy.  In fact, there is no "file" menu to even click on from what I can see on my end???  I can screenshot it if you want?

someone above mentioned that this happens sometimes when there is a certain number of people on the sheet at the same time, and apparently has happened to cag sheets in the past. definitely not something that's being controlled on my end. if anyone knows about any way to prevent this, let me know!

#739 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4787 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:11 PM

That spreadsheet is pretty great. Thanks ThatOneGuywho!

#740 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:45 PM

Hopefully someone can help you with your lack of a sense of humor. It was just a joke, bud....a relevant one at that. I don’t care if you guys have smart watches. It’s all in good fun, guy.

it wasn't relevant when we literally said in our posts that we have a phone and which ones we had. It was just an attempt to fish for likes.

#741 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   511 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:58 PM

I had a laugh after trading in some games at the nearby GS. One employee said she was sick of people asking about their unreleased BF ad

#742 schaft0620   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

schaft0620

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:59 PM

Gamestop is in no place to not just release their add. It's probably too late to get anything out of me. I'm getting the Jedi bundle at Best Buy. Gamestop won't say if that is apart of their sale. 

#743 knothead65  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:33 AM

Gamestop is in no place to not just release their add. It's probably too late to get anything out of me. I'm getting the Jedi bundle at Best Buy. Gamestop won't say if that is apart of their sale. 

If you're taking about the XB1S Jedi bundle it's in Gamestop's early Black Friday ad that starts this Sunday.

https://www.gamestop...h4EYk785MBS8cWA

#744 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:35 AM

If you're taking about the XB1S Jedi bundle it's in Gamestop's early Black Friday ad that starts this Sunday.

https://www.gamestop...h4EYk785MBS8cWA

Huh, didnt realize that. With target giving an extra $40 on top however it doesnt really seem worth it.

#745 knothead65  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:39 AM

Huh, didnt realize that. With target giving an extra $40 on top however it doesnt really seem worth it.

Yeah, Target is better for most. I'm getting one at Gamestop though, I got $200 worth of Gamestop gift cards for $160 via a offer my local grocery store had.

#746 proton8d  

proton8d

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:08 AM

someone above mentioned that this happens sometimes when there is a certain number of people on the sheet at the same time, and apparently has happened to cag sheets in the past. definitely not something that's being controlled on my end. if anyone knows about any way to prevent this, let me know!

I've tried using both Chrome and Firefox and I'm not seeing it.  Considering that it's Google Docs and there are other people in this thread that have had problems saving a copy, I'm wondering if it's actually part of the sharing you said you took away b/c of goobers messing it up.  When I open other files in google docs I see the right stuff but yours doesn't have a menu bar and I really doubt that google has issues with "too many people" using a document at once???

#747 kemosahbe  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:22 AM

I've tried using both Chrome and Firefox and I'm not seeing it. Considering that it's Google Docs and there are other people in this thread that have had problems saving a copy, I'm wondering if it's actually part of the sharing you said you took away b/c of goobers messing it up. When I open other files in google docs I see the right stuff but yours doesn't have a menu bar and I really doubt that google has issues with "too many people" using a document at once???

Sorry but you’re wrong about that and a google search would easily explain this. Stop being condescending to people doing you a favor.

“Yes, there is a limit. According to Google's user guidelines, a Google Docs file can be shared with up to 200 people or groups (but only 100 people can view it or edit it at the same time).”

#748 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:26 AM

it wasn't relevant when we literally said in our posts that we have a phone and which ones we had. It was just an attempt to fish for likes.

...Or you just don’t have a sense of humor. I’m gonna go with that.

#749 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:52 AM

Great movie!

Oh wow I never knew that I just knew it as an insult I heard in clerks 2.

#750 proton8d  

proton8d

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:00 AM

Sorry but you’re wrong about that and a google search would easily explain this. Stop being condescending to people doing you a favor.

“Yes, there is a limit. According to Google's user guidelines, a Google Docs file can be shared with up to 200 people or groups (but only 100 people can view it or edit it at the same time).”

I'm not trying to be overly rude.  What you quoted doesn't actually say that the menus go away.  Changing options (as the poster stated) to limit sharing, etc. like he did may have unintentionally caused the menus to disappear.  I have viewed many google docs and viewed these every year for the past few years and this is the first time I've seen that issue.  So again, I wasn't trying to be rude, just pointing out that maybe the options he intentionally disabled accidentally made it where people couldn't view the menus to make a copy.  :)