* * * * - 14 votes

Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

#1471 wargod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:03 PM

Wife said nope. Doesn't match her feng shuei or whatever.
Gotta stay on her good side since I have like 5 packages she knows nothing about.

Walmart has the same one available in white and brown. Just type in “office chair” or “desk chair”

#1472 wargod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:07 PM

Thing is 4k streaming video has compression and heavily relies on a stable internet connection to keep the quality up. In many cases its not even true 4k. On the other hand, an ultra 4k disc displays a true 4k image and side by side looks superior to streaming. Audio and HDR is stronger as well. Of course it just depends on what is acceptable to someone. Streaming is convenient but there are some of us who prefer a physical disc for movies. I only stream for casual viewing like YouTube or Netflix.

This is true. If there’s a movie I really want to see in 4k, it must first have been shot in native 4k to make it even worth the time. Then I’ll get the physical disk. If it’s mastered in 2K or 1080p then upscaled, no thanks.

I’m still waiting for a 32” OLED monitor that is 144hz and true 400+ bit with low input lag as I do most of my gaming in my home office.

I have fiber optic 900 mbps

#1473 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:11 PM

Wife said nope. Doesn't match her feng shuei or whatever.

Gotta stay on her good side since I have like 5 packages she knows nothing about.

Is this an office chair? Don't pick a chair based on looks or cheap prices. A chair with decent ergonomics is more important. Get something that is rated in seat time, 8-12 hours for example.

Here's a great mesh chair if you are on a budget.

https://www.staples....?akamai-feo=off

I have had this Hyken chair for a few years now and it's perfect for long gaming sessions. I'm sure there are a few chairs out there that are leather/pleather but just make sure it's rated decently seat time. Makes a huge difference and your butt and back will thank you.

#1474 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2942 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:13 PM

Is this an office chair? Don't pick a chair based on looks or cheap prices. A chair with decent ergonomics is more important. Get something that is rated in seat time, 8-12 hours for example.

I have had this for a few years now and it's perfect for long gaming sessions. I'm sure there are a few chairs out there that are leather/pleather but just make sure it's rated decently seat time. Makes a huge difference and your butt and back will thank you.

She loves this one. I need two. Gonna see if I can find any coupons to make deal sweeter. Thanks for the recommendation.

#1475 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:16 PM

I have had this Hyken chair for a few years now and it's perfect for long gaming sessions. I'm sure there are a few chairs out there that are leather/pleather but just make sure it's rated decently seat time. Makes a huge difference and your butt and back will thank you.

$140 for a desk chair is brutal. Also, is mesh even comfortable to sit in for a while? Even more so than leather or any type of fabric?

#1476 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:18 PM

She loves this one. I need two. Gonna see if I can find any coupons to make deal sweeter. Thanks for the recommendation.

No problem! Funny enough my brother bought two after sitting in mine. It's comfortable and has good lumbar support. And even though it doesn't look as plush as the leather types, I have fell asleep in it plenty of times. Best part is, my butt never goes numb. Lol

#1477 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:25 PM

$140 for a desk chair is brutal. Also, is mesh even comfortable to sit in for a while? Even more so than leather or any type of fabric?

See my reply above. But yes the mesh is comfortable to sit in, especially if you game or do office productivity in long sessions.

It may seem expensive but this is a bargain compared to the more mainstream ergonomic chairs out there. They can go for thousands. You really should not choose a bad fitting chair due to price. Cheap pleather and gaming chairs are terrible for your body long term. I have worked in IT for a few decades now, trust me when I've sat in a few bad chairs in my day. Proper posture is definitely worth spending a few extra dollars on.

#1478 CHAZ934  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:30 PM

If you're afraid it's going to leave then play it. You're deciding about spending $15 on a game you're not so sure about vs playing it for free. Not a hard choice.

I have more money than time. I want to play but it will probably be a bit before I can

#1479 knothead65  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:30 PM

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Limited Edition 4k Blu-ray $9.99 on Amazon lightning deal

Includes: 4k disc, Blu-ray, digital copy, CD, Collectible Packaging, and booklet

https://www.amazon.c...a783dfab57c0INT

#1480 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:36 PM

See my reply above. But yes the mesh is comfortable to sit in, especially if you game or do office productivity in long sessions.

It may seem expensive but this is a bargain compared to the more mainstream ergonomic chairs out there. They can go for thousands. You really should not choose a bad fitting chair due to price. Cheap pleather and gaming chairs are terrible for your body long term. I have worked in IT for a few decades now, trust me when I've sat in a few bad chairs in my day. Proper posture is definitely worth spending a few extra dollars on.

Huh, might have to look into it then. I'm also in the market for a new chair to sit in while I game/am on my laptop, as the one I have now has fallen apart. The one I have now is leather, so I'm sure it would be an adjustment, but as long as it doesnt cause bodily issues it's good with me. Thanks for the info!

#1481 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:44 PM

This is true. If there’s a movie I really want to see in 4k, it must first have been shot in native 4k to make it even worth the time. Then I’ll get the physical disk. If it’s mastered in 2K or 1080p then upscaled, no thanks.

I’m still waiting for a 32” OLED monitor that is 144hz and true 400+ bit with low input lag as I do most of my gaming in my home office.

I have fiber optic 900 mbps

Wow that's pretty quick! I live just north of the Bay Area but am only half of that. Plenty still but I always want more.

Realistically I only purchase movies or games (single player) if it's something that I really want. I main PC so I'm used to having a digital library there. And I only have so much room for these physical discs.

An OLED monitor would be awesome. It seems that most companies are moving towards quantum dots and true HDR panels. But there's a few examples out there, seen a few on Linus Tech Tips and ZaysTwoCents, but I think those were huge 55+ inch panels.

#1482 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7818 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:52 PM

Funny how you think Gotham sucks but somehow you like all those shit CW shows.

I LOL'ed at that!

Anybody know if the Target game prices will hold until Saturday?

#1483 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7818 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:59 PM

Target sucks ass. Each store had 1 small video game display for BF games. By the time actual 'Black Friday' rolled around they were all gone. What a waste of time and i'm pissed off.

I think they stopped overordering copies just to have them end up as clearance games.  I'm pissed that I never saw Team Sonic Racing for PS4 or Xbox One.

#1484 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:05 AM

but playing from a disc is a better picture.

People forget about this when it comes to movies and music. A disc (currently) has the best quality as it is uncompressed data compared to 4K streams which look / sound great but are nothing compared to that disc.

Thing is 4k streaming video has compression and heavily relies on a stable internet connection to keep the quality up. In many cases its not even true 4k. On the other hand, an ultra 4k disc displays a true 4k image and side by side looks superior to streaming. Audio and HDR is stronger as well. Of course it just depends on what is acceptable to someone. Streaming is convenient but there are some of us who prefer a physical disc for movies. I only stream for casual viewing like YouTube or Netflix.

Don't get me started on streaming Netflix and Youtube on certain web browsers. Browsers are limited to what they can stream up to even if you have a streaming service that streams in a higher quality.

Chrome, Firefox, Opera can only go to 720p. Safari and Internet Explorer can go to 1080p. Edge can go to 4K if you have a 7th gen CPU for stability to do so (and 4K monitor of course). 

Though it doesn't bother me too much, certain movies and shows I can't watch on my computer streaming despite having 4K monitors, 100mbps speeds and a stable connection due to the lower quality limited by browsers and streaming 4K content. I end up just using my Chromecast Ultra to stream if the media needs it.

#1485 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:35 AM

Target sucks ass. Each store had 1 small video game display for BF games. By the time actual 'Black Friday' rolled around they were all gone. What a waste of time and i'm pissed off.

One overlooked feature of the internet is that many, many stores have websites that you can order things like games from, at the same prices as their stores, with a much higher volume of inventory.

#1486 Vpinera  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:04 AM

Has anyone seen sales on Control for the PC? Idk if it's epic games store exclusivity or what, but I cannot find any storefronts or third party vendors doing sales on it. Please help if you know!

#1487 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:05 AM

Got most of what I wanted and needed.

There was only about 10 people waiting in line at BB at 2pm yesterday. May be it was the weather.

Sidenote- do the Sam's Club fuel stations need ti be a member? Just curious, I drove by a station with 7-10c cheaper fuel than anywhere else.

#1488 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1754 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:09 AM

Got most of what I wanted and needed.
There was only about 10 people waiting in line at BB at 2pm yesterday. May be it was the weather.

Sidenote- do the Sam's Club fuel stations need ti be a member? Just curious, I drove by a station with 7-10c cheaper fuel than anywhere else.

Generally yes, but some Sam's Club let non-members refuel too, 5 cent/gallon more than the lowest price offered to their members

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#1489 JoeFlacco4God   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

JoeFlacco4God

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:11 AM

It did seem like the video game displays were much smaller and/or fewer than years past. My Target had one two sided display of games and that was it. Was like 4 last year and most of them were 4 sided. Same with Wal Mart. I was able to get the games I wanted online, so it still worked out ok for me. I just picked up movies in store. Spent too much, but I do that every year, lol.

#1490 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:15 AM

It did seem like the video game displays were much smaller and/or fewer than years past. My Target had one two sided display of games and that was it. Was like 4 last year and most of them were 4 sided. Same with Wal Mart. I was able to get the games I wanted online, so it still worked out ok for me. I just picked up movies in store. Spent too much, but I do that every year, lol.

I've noticed this at other retailers too this week, like Best Buy. Most of the bigger sale titles were not even stocked for Black Friday. Almost seems like there's been a decision to scale back for physical titles this BF and just concede to online sales instead. Case in point, some of the bigger titles are already sold out on retailer websites, since they're mostly unavailable at b&m stores.

#1491 Crazydom   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Crazydom

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:39 AM

My Target set up a single stand with the biggest games, NBA and the like, while simply leaving everything else in the normal cases, which was a major headache. 

#1492 proton8d  

proton8d

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:04 AM

So is the $7 off a Pro-Controller for Nintendo Switch as good of a deal as it gets with them?

#1493 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:41 AM

Think I'm finally done:

Sekiro

Control

TC: Breakpoint

Skyrim SE

Kingdom Hearts 3

Resident Evil 2

Borderlands 3

Crash Team Racing

Crash N Sane Trilogy

Days Gone

Wreckfest (Trading in)

NHL 20

Far Cry New Dawn

Injustice 2

Horizon Zero Dawn

God Of War

Bloodborne

Ratchet and Clank

This Is The Police 2

Earthfall Deluxe

And a new XB1S which came with Star Wars. I'm good until next Black Friday.

#1494 Rob19ny  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:51 AM

Only got Yakuza Kiwami 2 and 6 at 14.99.

#1495 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:01 AM

And then there are the insane people like me who agree with you, but build a Plex server with a ridiculous amount of storage and purchase and rip 4K discs with 100% fidelity (no re-encoding) so my whole library is streamable at maximum quality from inside my house.  :)

#1496 Sporkis   Barley Legal CAGiversary!   1781 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:04 AM

Didn't get a whole lot.

Sekiro

Days Gone

Indivisible

Mega Man 11

2tb SSD for my PS4

a 1tb SSD for my brother's PS4

oh and a couple of little things like every part I need to build a brand new PC....so yay :D/

#1497 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1396 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:19 AM

My BF shopping is officially done:

PS4 1TB Only on PlayStation Bundle

Marvel's Spider-Man GotY Edition

Gran Turismo Sport

Nintendo Online 12 month sub - digital

Sony DS4 Red Camo Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller

PS+ 12 month sub - digital

Non-BF buys (no sales, just good prices):

The Crew 2 (XB1) - Redbox

MLB The Show 19 - Redbox

SanDisk Ultra 128GB micro SD card (for NSW Lite use)

#1498 Ham Man 89   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Ham Man 89

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:54 AM

So is the $7 off a Pro-Controller for Nintendo Switch as good of a deal as it gets with them?

Bought a few earlier this year off ebay from random ppl in "like new" condition for around $35-$40 - just the controller no accessories(cable or anything else) They looked brand new to me. maybe a bit of dust. no problems so far. one was for a buddy. no complaints from him either.

We bought these on sale around the same time to charge it. Nyko Charge Dock - No issues with it either.

#1499 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5166 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:31 AM

Ask the morons that keep buying FF7.

Traditional JRPG FFVII compared to action horror RE2.. this is rich  :-   even for an internet troll

#1500 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:33 AM

^ This isn't CAGBlogs and too much Potassium is bad for your Heart and Kidneys. That's all I'm going to say on that. 

I just got back from Walmart and it was a sad sight. They had all of the Black Friday "deals" at the front of the store for games and movies. Even if the same exact game or movie was in Electronics and someone was trying to buy it they would not price match the Black Friday price. I felt bad for the people who were trying to find what they were looking for and getting shot down by the miserable Tuesday of a manager. 

I stupidly wasted the gas trying to find Avengers Endgame for the $7.96 which were all gone. The OCD in me wouldn't have been happy with the promo copy which everything for Black Friday was part of for the most part. Not many employees around as usual either. I noticed there weren't much sale price changes on anything. Anything Black Friday was mostly shoved into a cardboard bin or pallet stack. This was around 11:30 pm so the early barrage of people were gone.

I don't think this year was much of a blowout for anyone unless you got lucky with price errors or a rare find. Crap Friday and Gray Thursday.