* * * * - 14 votes

Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

#181 Noshow21  

Noshow21

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:25 AM

Yeah, I gave up waiting on them since they can't start on time and surprise! I missed nothing. . .

To play devil's advocate, I think they do that to throw off bots from grabbing all the good stuff right away. Still annoying when you're up late waiting for the sale to start so you can sleep.

#182 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:37 AM

Are save files compatible between base Spider-Man game and the GOTY edition?

#183 JustinTheGamer  

JustinTheGamer

Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:49 AM

Is there a spreadsheet?

#184 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:36 AM

Well it's pathetic because they clearly dont care about their customer base, they only care about money *InB4 "Well no shit duhhh!?!?!"* why would you want to support that?

Charging $300 with absolutely nothing substantial included for an OG model of a primarily handheld gaming device almost 3 years after release is absurd.

EDIT: Its also crazy to think that there are some suckers out there that have spent $1000 on nintendo products over the last three years (switch console, games that never go on sale) when they could've turned that $1000 into an actual console and 30+ games instead of basically a handheld system and 10 games.

You sound angry and unhappy. Here’s a solution. 

Dont fucking buy it. 

#185 Jacque3   Banned Banned   27 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Jacque3

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:24 AM

You sound angry and unhappy. Here’s a solution.

Dont fucking buy it.

Calm down buddy. Dont get upset now.

#186 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:34 PM

Are save files compatible between base Spider-Man game and the GOTY edition?

Yes, it's essentially the base game with the DLC either included on disc or there is a download code for the bundle.

#187 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1166 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:45 PM

Whoo-boy, you can tell it's that Black Friday time of year in here. Everyone save some salt and pointless arguments for Thanksgiving; don't waste it all in here.

#188 Achilles00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Achilles00

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:50 PM

I'm really hoping there is some kind of sale for Switch Fire Emblem or the new Zelda. Even if it's just $10-$15 each title. Also, is there ever going to be a complete edition for Red Dead 2?

#189 bhk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:12 PM

I'm really hoping there is some kind of sale for Switch Fire Emblem or the new Zelda. Even if it's just $10-$15 each title. Also, is there ever going to be a complete edition for Red Dead 2?

Amazon currently has Link’s Awakening for $49 plus 5% CB if you use discover card.

#190 y2kbug77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

y2kbug77

Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:38 PM

Walmart always has their switch games for $50 in store if that's enough of a discount for you.

#191 Jamin724  

Jamin724

Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:58 PM

Is there going to be a spreadsheet posted? Made it really easy last year.

#192 Sakura3210   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Sakura3210

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

I’ve been tempted to get a PSVR for a while now, and the Target 5 game bundle looks like the best deal to me - is it the new one or the old one? And does anyone know if it comes with controllers?

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:52 PM

Is there going to be a spreadsheet posted? Made it really easy last year.

You're more than welcome to start one yourself.

#194 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:12 PM

I looked through all the ads out so far and the 4K deals look worse for Disney movies this year. Target’s B2G1 sale right now looks better than what has been seen from some places such as Best Buy with their $21.99 per 4K for Disney and Marvel. I expect some to be a little less but unfortunately doubt it. I bought nine 4K movies from Target last night. If they wind up cheaper, it won’t be by much from the looks of it since the blu-rays are listed at $16.99.

I do plan on buying all three of The Dark Knight 4Ks from Best Buy on Black Friday as they will be a lot cheaper.

#195 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:14 PM

I’ve been tempted to get a PSVR for a while now, and the Target 5 game bundle looks like the best deal to me - is it the new one or the old one? And does anyone know if it comes with controllers?

I bought a bundle last year. It did not come with the PS Move controllers.

#196 Radioguye  

Radioguye

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to ThatOneGuyWho, CheapyD and all you other hardcore cheapasses that make this site what it is for Black Friday. I never miss this action, it warms my heart.

#197 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2569 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:43 PM

Yes, it's essentially the base game with the DLC either included on disc or there is a download code for the bundle.

The DLC content for Marvel's Spider-man GOTY game is just a download code voucher, sadly.  However, 15 bucks is still a sweet deal.

#198 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:04 PM

The DLC content for Marvel's Spider-man GOTY game is just a download code voucher, sadly.  However, 15 bucks is still a sweet deal.

I'm definitely snagging a copy. I bought it used near launch for $35, and quickly resold it for $45 after I unlocked the Platinum trophy. I can't wait to get back into it and check out the new costumes and DLC.

#199 Lil Frier  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:03 PM

Between work and moving, I haven't really kept an eye on games much this year. I'm more interested in the peripherals--I'm hoping the G502 Lightspeed and G Pro Wireless get good discounts. I was hoping the new Nano IPS monitor from LG would go on sale, but at this point, I'd be happy if it just comes back in stock!

Fire Emblem on Switch would probably be of most interest to me, but given my endless playing of Overwatch this year, it'll be hard to find time for newer stuff. I can't wait to move and take time off work to play the mess out of games like a kid. It's been so long since I bothered to pick up any new games that I feel like I've missed out on quite a bit, but I don't even know what.

#200 GangbangOrangutang  

GangbangOrangutang

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:23 PM

I'm surprised Nintendo's ring fit adventure isn't heavily discounted everywhere

The Japanese do love their cock rings....

#201 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14869 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:32 PM

The people who only go into stores during the holidays to buy stuff like this aren't even going to be aware of the difference...

Agreed, but it's the principle. They are in fact the worst console to buy on a budget this year, and I hope it shows in their earnings. From console to accessories to games, they are typically the worst priced in all three categories with less 3rd party support. If I were still working retail, I'd direct every mom and dad asking towards a PS4 or X1 if I could. Switch is only for the kid who has everything at this point.

#202 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14869 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:35 PM

To play devil's advocate, I think they do that to throw off bots from grabbing all the good stuff right away. Still annoying when you're up late waiting for the sale to start so you can sleep.

Eh, I think I'll keep my tin foil in the oven. ;) A sale is a sale and they're not going to care about bots; no, they simply fucked up the start time is all. :p

#203 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2018 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:30 PM

The prices for Target's BF preview were actually live at 3AM, exactly when they were supposed to be. I don't know about the advertisement for it on the main page, but I was able to check out with the discounted price and got my confirmation e-mail at 3:02, well before the 3:20 that other guy's saying.

#204 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6835 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, was live on the app for me. Nothing I really wanted but it was live on time.

#205 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9046 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:50 PM

Occasionally they will get a price drop.  But Nintendo (home television) consoles never go on sale.  This is not news.  Welcome to last century. 

#206 aardarf   srsly u gys CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:05 PM

Really? 21 pages and no one's done it?

*sigh*

here ya go

giphy.gif

#207 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   701 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:13 PM

This is my first year being all digital so question for those with experience...

I know most of this stuff is physical exclusively, but is there any chance of digital copies being marked down to the same prices on BF?

#208 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:25 PM

Is anyone working on a spreadsheet that lists games by store with prices?

#209 BasilZero   Retribution CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:55 PM

Is anyone working on a spreadsheet that lists games by store with prices?

Need dat spreadsheet!

#210 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:04 AM

This is my first year being all digital so question for those with experience...

I know most of this stuff is physical exclusively, but is there any chance of digital copies being marked down to the same prices on BF?

I can only speak for XBL, but while there's a much larger selection of discounts, they're typically not quite as low as the lowest physical.  I predict, for example, with Borderlands 3 being $28 at BB, it'll be perhaps $35-40 on XBL.

EDIT:  Link to the prices for XBL's sale last year: https://www.trueachi...riday-sale-2018

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider was a new release, discounted to $27 at GameStop but $30 on XBL.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey went to $27 also at GameStop, still $40.19 online.