Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PS4) - $19.99 @ Amazon

Is this the one that's a remaster of the "best tales games"?

I'd never really played any of the tales games, they never seemed like my taste. But I see this one come up the most often. Wondering if I should give it a shot. 

Eh, ordered it anyway. I have the Xbox One version, but there's a bug that is preventing me progressing after a certain boss that seems to be missing from the PS4 version. So just going to go with this version so I can finish the game. Plus it's got a better frame rate than the XB1 version.

I'd never really played any of the tales games, they never seemed like my taste. But I see this one come up the most often. Wondering if I should give it a shot.
It's a good one to start on. This is the one that was released here on Xbox 360, but got a japan only PS3 version with a bunch of extra content. But yes, it's a remaster of that PS3 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had a chance to play it before, was super excited when this came out. I played it on the switch and loved every second of it.

Yes, Vesperia and Abyss (in my opinion) are the two Tales games that a large portion of fans consider the best of the series. It does start a little bit slow with basic combat, but you open up more skills and combat options as you play - it ends up being really fun :)

Very good cast of characters, the definitive edition gives you plenty of outfits to use, and good story throughout most of the game. I'd highly recommend giving it a try. Be sure to try out all of the characters in combat to find the ones you enjoy the most!

Best Buy is quick with the shipping.  Ordered the PS4 version yesterday morning for $15.99 after GCU and it arrived this morning by Fed Ex.

Best Buy is quick with the shipping. Ordered the PS4 version yesterday morning for $15.99 after GCU and it arrived this morning by Fed Ex.
Same here. Unfortunately it was the last day of my GCU so its my last 20% off order :{ Sad reacts only

IMO its the bets tales game, if you are going to just play one game in the series, it would be this one.

Caved and bought it along with a new exercise bike that was $20 off. Like getting Vesperia for free. Now I can see how it stacks up to Berseria and Symphonia.

Mine was Y-fold factory sealed.
Mine had that cheap shrink wrap(like it was heat sealed) around the case. Since I don't want to deal with swapping it out just because the original seal is missing, just going to have to keep an eye on orders now.

Everything seemed new, might just be that the original seal was torn and they resealed with the cheap wrap to keep it closed.

Best Buy has this labeled as a 'price drop', so this could be the new msrp.
If it is, it's only the PS4 version. As the Xbox One version is hovering around $25 online and the Switch one is $30. Gamestop is the only one I've seen that has the Xbox One version under $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
at gamestop you get a plastic wrap removal service and the employees test out your game before you buy to see if it works!
Sometimes they do the fingerprint test, where they touch the disc to make sure that it's there. Some stores will even scratch the disc, just to be 100% sure that it isn't an optical illusion.

Sometimes they do the fingerprint test, where they touch the disc to make sure that it's there. Some stores will even scratch the disc, just to be 100% sure that it isn't an optical illusion.
Sometimes they also give a hush hush wink gesture of upcoming sales if you're lucky (old reference from CAG years ago)

Sometimes they also give a hush hush wink gesture of upcoming sales if you're lucky (old reference from CAG years ago)
Oh goodness! Don't bring that up again. I still remember when he posted it. I genuinely felt bad for him after that debacle! But it was all fun and game, and no one was seriously hurt by it.

Caved and bought it along with a new exercise bike that was $20 off. Like getting Vesperia for free. Now I can see how it stacks up to Berseria and Symphonia.
Berseria and Vesperia are the top tier tales games for me. I started with Symphonia, but after replaying it on steam, some of the prestige is from nostalgia. Even Xillia, Abyss, and Graces are better than Symphonia in my opinion these days (though to be fair, they are all newer also). I'll take Symphonia over Legendia, Destiny 1/2, Phantasia, Zesteria, Hearts though.

at gamestop you get a plastic wrap removal service and the employees test out your game before you buy to see if it works!
There's no winning - GS removed the shrinkwrap from my preordered Dusk Divers this week (tho I try to cut them some slack, it was a mistake and they're usually very good). But if I ordered it from Amazon, they'd stick it in a bubble mailer and the box it came it would have arrived to me flat.

bread's done
Back