* * * * - 9 votes

Best Buy Black Friday 2019 Ad Deals

#181 PRrambo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:22 PM

My GCU ends in two weeks. Best Buy just emailed me a 25% off a physical game coupon, anybody else?

#182 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:44 PM

Got me eye on Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 2. I already have nearly everything else I want from other sales. Although I hope Crash Team Racing goes on sale for PS4 also.

And no PS4 owner has an excuse to not have Spider-Man now.

On your second comment, yes they do. If you dont like spiderman you have no reason to own it, which is why I'm never touching it. Same with the batman games. I bought them because "they're sooo good!!".

I fell asleep the first time I played Arkham Asylum. Ended up beating it but never touching another batman game again.

#183 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14233 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:51 PM

My GCU ends in two weeks. Best Buy just emailed me a 25% off a physical game coupon, anybody else?

That's typical when your GCU is expiring.

Make sure and grab a screenshot of it though.  I've read the webpage expires relatively quick after opening the email.

#184 stryker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:14 PM

That won't work because, when the sale goes up, Elite Members have to go through a separate storefront (typically on main page) to access the deals from there.

Oh, that sucks.  Good to know.  Thanks.

#185 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:29 AM

So are you guys getting there way before 5? Expecting long lines? Probably stupid questions, but I've never been to a Best Buy Black Friday. I just want Shenmue 3, Judgment and Gears 5 and nothing else. 

#186 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2295 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:14 AM

Oh, that sucks.  Good to know.  Thanks.

Also, about an hour before the deals go live all of the items going on sale go Out of Stock for a short while which clears them out of carts.

#187 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:35 AM

So are you guys getting there way before 5? Expecting long lines? Probably stupid questions, but I've never been to a Best Buy Black Friday. I just want Shenmue 3, Judgment and Gears 5 and nothing else. 

If all you're planning to get are games and not garbage-tier doorbuster TVs, I would just do all your shopping online.  The deals go up early and you'll be completely done before Thanksgiving has even begun.

#188 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3792 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:37 AM

Yeah. If you're not getting anything big, just order online. It's what I've done the last few years and I haven't missed out on anything.

#189 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11549 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:46 AM

Was really hoping to get Octopath this BF for $30 or lower, but it seems only BBY has it for $40.

#190 kevinmlssu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

kevinmlssu

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:43 AM

Any deals on a PS4Pro? Looking to pick one up. Thanks

If you have a meijer near you it'll be 300 for a PS4Pro bundle.

#191 fishface45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:01 AM

Unfortunately no I dont. Are they even on the East Coast?

If you have a meijer near you it'll be 300 for a PS4Pro bundle.

#192 knothead65  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:14 AM

Unfortunately no I dont. Are they even on the East Coast?

ThatOneGuyWho posted this deal for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare PS4 Pro bundle $316.35 via Buy Dig on Google Shopping

https://www.cheapass...express-buydig/

#193 fishface45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:42 AM

Awesome, thanks

ThatOneGuyWho posted this deal for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare PS4 Pro bundle $316.35 via Buy Dig on Google Shopping

https://www.cheapass...express-buydig/

#194 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8508 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:08 AM

In for replacement copies of God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete since I traded mine in at GameStop last time they got the bump.

And that's it.

#195 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:41 PM

If all you're planning to get are games and not garbage-tier doorbuster TVs, I would just do all your shopping online.  The deals go up early and you'll be completely done before Thanksgiving has even begun.

Yeah. If you're not getting anything big, just order online. It's what I've done the last few years and I haven't missed out on anything.

When you say they go up early online you mean they'll go up before Thanksgiving or earlier in the day? And won't they sell out online within minutes? 

#196 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:16 PM

When you say they go up early online you mean they'll go up before Thanksgiving or earlier in the day? And won't they sell out online within minutes? 

Don't remember the exact time, but I want to say around Wednesday late night / Thursday AM (PST) when the prices get updated.

Some stuff sells out quickly, but mostly the ultra cheap $10/$15 stuff that everyone is gunning for.  The more expensive titles you listed, I don't anticipate any of those would require immediate action, but obviously earlier is safer.

#197 DetroitSportsFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

DetroitSportsFan

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:09 PM

Don't remember the exact time, but I want to say around Wednesday late night / Thursday AM (PST) when the prices get updated.

I looked at my order confirmation email from last year, and it was emailed to me Wed night/Thurs morning at 12:28am. So shortly after midnight (eastern time).

#198 Warruz  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

This depends on the store, BUT, if I remember last year, a lot went up either a little after midnight or 3am ET on Thanksgiving day. Unfortunately, I missed that $15 Disgaea 5 for Switch deal at Best Buy, but got everything else. 

#199 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1207 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:10 PM

I was going to get kiwami 2 but now I will wait for the inevitable gamepass

#200 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:20 PM

This depends on the store, BUT, if I remember last year, a lot went up either a little after midnight or 3am ET on Thanksgiving day. Unfortunately, I missed that $15 Disgaea 5 for Switch deal at Best Buy, but got everything else.

Oh so you guys are saying to order them online the night before but do in store pickup not shipped?

#201 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:35 PM

Oh so you guys are saying to order them online the night before but do in store pickup not shipped?

No.  What?

You don't set foot in the store, you kick back at home in your underwear and click a few buttons to ship and you're done.

Honestly, it sounds like you're deadset on getting trampled by savages at the physical store, so I'm not going to stop you, bro.  You do you.

#202 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:38 PM

I have done at least the last 5 Black Fridays completely online. Going to the stores on this hellish day is so early 2000s.

#203 Warruz  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM

No, get them shipped, I was just saying deals start different times depending on the store(Walmart, Best Buy etc.) Just figure out what you want by making bookmarks ahead of time. Then set up an alarm to remind you, and then give it about 20 mins before giving up and waiting a little later for deals to go live if they haven't already, but generally it's a little after midnight or 3am et.

#204 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:48 AM

No.  What?

You don't set foot in the store, you kick back at home in your underwear and click a few buttons to ship and you're done.

Honestly, it sounds like you're deadset on getting trampled by savages at the physical store, so I'm not going to stop you, bro.  You do you.

No you're misunderstanding me. Warruz' post said "It depends on the store" so that's why I got confused and thought you all were saying do in store pickup. Why would it depend on the store if it's being shipped? Your local store doesn't ship it to you, it's shipped out of a warehouse. I was just clarifying because that statement was confusing, which he just now clarified. 

Warruz no offense but that was unnecessarily confusing. Of course we're talking about Best Buy this is a Best Buy thread. 

#205 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5034 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:10 AM

I know Nintendo is notorious for their games not having discounts for a long time. Any chance Luigi's Mansion 3 gets a BF discount or soon after or is that too soon for a Nintendo title?

#206 BanditThief   King Of Thieves! CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

BanditThief

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:55 AM

Luigi's Mansion 3 gets a BF discount ROFL! NO!

#207 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3071 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:52 PM

I have done at least the last 5 Black Fridays completely online. Going to the stores on this hellish day is so early 2000s.

It's really not as bad as it used to be. Especially with the stores opening at 5-6pm on Thanksgiving and so many people shopping online. It just seems like an extra busy Saturday once the line of people looking for the doorbusters dies down.

#208 killmer  

Posted 17 November 2019 - 05:52 PM

remember! the mario kart switch bundle is not worth it. it is the launch bundle with the original switch.

#209 schaft0620   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

schaft0620

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:11 PM

Any word on when BB early BF starts for Elite members?

#210 Warruz  

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:00 PM

It's really not as bad as it used to be. Especially with the stores opening at 5-6pm on Thanksgiving and so many people shopping online. It just seems like an extra busy Saturday once the line of people looking for the doorbusters dies down.

Can attest to this, went to Walmart around 8pm on Thanksgiving as I actually needed not Black Friday deal stuff, but had a very straightforward experience and managed to find Doom for Switch price marked wrong for $12.