79 bucks for a year of amazon prime for veterans and active military

fatmanforlife99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
https://www.military.com/discounts/amazon-prime-announces-veterans-day-discount

Starting today and running through Nov. 11, veterans, active-duty troops and Guard and Reserve members can get a one-year Amazon Prime membership for $79 -- that's $40 off the regular price. And if you already have an account, you can renew your Prime membership at the lower rate.
According to Amazon you can email them at [email protected]. You’ll need to provide:

First Name:

Last Name:

Date of Birth:

What is your current status - Active Duty, Veteran, Retiree or Reserve?

- If you are a Veteran or Retiree, what is your discharge month and year?

- If you are active duty, what is your .mil email address?

Worked fine for me, got mine extended a year. Check your emails too, I got my offer through a link from a VA email. Did it all without emailing Amazon that way.

Nice. I saw this deal mentioned before but thought it was active duty only. Just used the link that theemadgamer provided above rather than sending an email. I think my sub is up in May or something like that, but I'm good for a while longer now.

Ugh Im torn. I want to use it because hey its 40 bucks. Then again I dont ever do this kind of thing because I dont deserve anything special for just doing a job. Even a restaurant Ive been going to for breakfast every saturday for like 20 years always tries to give me a discount on veterans day but I refuse it. I was in the army and got paid to be in it, then I left, Im not owed anything. Doesnt make me special or deserving of special treatment. Like where I work now guests sometimes try to give me tips but I refuse them since Im doing what I am already getting paid to do and I feel guilty taking their money for no reason.

Ugh Im torn. I want to use it because hey its 40 bucks. Then again I dont ever do this kind of thing because I dont deserve anything special for just doing a job. Even a restaurant Ive been going to for breakfast every saturday for like 20 years always tries to give me a discount on veterans day but I refuse it. I was in the army and got paid to be in it, then I left, Im not owed anything. Doesnt make me special or deserving of special treatment. Like where I work now guests sometimes try to give me tips but I refuse them since Im doing what I am already getting paid to do and I feel guilty taking their money for no reason.
Do what I do any time there's an Amazon error in my favor

Check Bezo's updated net worth, and calculate what percentage your discount is against that

Any guilt you have will certainly wash away

(In your case, it's .00000000035%)

Never say no to free money or discounts. Doesn't matter if you think you deserve it; if it's being offered, you might as well take it.

Ugh Im torn. I want to use it because hey its 40 bucks. Then again I dont ever do this kind of thing because I dont deserve anything special for just doing a job
This is very much how I feel, but sometimes, you just gotta do it for you. I've been eating at the same place for about 5 years now. I found out yesterday they give a 10% military discount. By my math... 10% of $40 is $4. I eat there about 1 a week (sometimes more) $208 for 5 years $1040.

I will assume they are thanking me for those 16 hrs days in the gulf and remember I earned it every winter standing 6n6 on a snowy flight deck manning my gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry about it, I think Amazon can spare the $40.

My dad certainly didn't hesitate to use this offer, his renewal was due in a few days so nice timing.

Just think how you're making others happy in doing something nice for you. What's not a big deal for you can be a huge deal for someone else.

bread's done
Back