* - - - - 2 votes

New Monthly $5 Dollar Cert for Power Up Rewards Pro

#91 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:13 AM

I just used that to purchase eshop credit

Maybe something changed in the system since last night?  We tried the $10, $35, and $50 certificates, as well as the Nintendo Online card and one of the Switch game download cards -- the discount didn't work on any of them.

#92 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1670 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:30 AM

Maybe something changed in the system since last night? We tried the $10, $35, and $50 certificates, as well as the Nintendo Online card and one of the Switch game download cards -- the discount didn't work on any of them.

Not sure last night I purchased a $5 and $10 in eshop credit then she looked up my account and said I got a coupon I can use on this, paid $10 in store credit and went home.

#93 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:40 AM

Not sure last night I purchased a $5 and $10 in eshop credit then she looked up my account and said I got a coupon I can use on this, paid $10 in store credit and went home.

I tried to use the $5 on Eshop credit today, but the system wouldn’t allow it. Had to buy PSN credit instead, which worked without issue.

#94 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23544 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:06 AM

How are you guys getting your cert? Is it being emailed to you or popping up in your account somewhere? I don't see anything.. 

#95 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3623 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:38 AM

Active Offers.

#96 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3544 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:49 AM

How are you guys getting your cert? Is it being emailed to you or popping up in your account somewhere? I don't see anything..

I think it's only available right now to people who signed up after a certain date and everyone before that date will be rolled into the new program starting the 16th. I don't have anything in my active offers.

#97 EvilSena  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:57 AM

I think it's only available right now to people who signed up after a certain date and everyone before that date will be rolled into the new program starting the 16th. I don't have anything in my active offers.

Same for me. I haven't received my $5 cert., hopefully the PSN credit will still work after the 16th. 

#98 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:10 AM

Yep, signed up in November and active offer appeared January 1st. Did not work on a $10 eShop card today.

#99 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3544 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:43 AM

Yep, signed up in November and active offer appeared January 1st. Did not work on a $10 eShop card today.

Yeah I renewed in October like a week before they formally announced the new program

#100 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:02 AM

Tried xbox and eshop cards neither worked like everyone said. Tried ps and they worked so got a $10 for $5.

#101 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:50 AM

Used my January coupon on the final day of the Winter Sale which ended on 1/1, so there was a single day of overlap.

Was able to get Yooka Laylee: The Impossible Lair brand new for only $15.

Needless to say, I'm happy with this new GameStop thing so far. I haven't subscribed to their program in years (mainly because I had Best Buy Gamer Club for 4 years), but this $5 per month thing convinced me to come back to them. Plus, this could just be my local store, but the associates there haven't been really pushy about pre-orders -- something that GameStop as a whole is notorious for badgering people about.

Tried xbox and eshop cards neither worked like everyone said. Tried ps and they worked so got a $10 for $5.

In December I was given a "Thanks for signing up" $5 off code and the store manager forced it to work on eShop credit for me. He also noticed that PSN rang up with no issues for some reason, as you said. Wonder if they'll get that fixed for Xbox and Nintendo cards.

#102 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 09:00 AM

In December I was given a "Thanks for signing up" $5 off code and the store manager forced it to work on eShop credit for me. He also noticed that PSN rang up with no issues for some reason, as you said. Wonder if they'll get that fixed for Xbox and Nintendo cards.

I didn't get my January coupon yet -- just the initial $5 off one printed on my receipt when I signed up -- and that one doesn't work on eShop.  I'm a bit confused as to whether some of the folks reporting success are using the newly awarded coupon (which is visible in the account), and whether THAT one works...

If neither the "normal" monthly coupon nor the "initial sign-up" one work for MS or Nintendo, I'm surprised they work for PSN cards -- that has to be an oversight.  The question now is whether they'll correct things by deactivating it for PSN as well...

#103 Papito208   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Papito208

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:51 AM

Looks like I was lied to because I was told I could use the monthly $5 for pre orders....

#104 Jcmwwe  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:54 PM

Hey guys does anyone know if the $5 monthly certificate works in a $15-$25 eBay or amazon gift card? Thanks

#105 hlb96   No Comment CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:17 PM

No active offers on my account. Hopefully it shows up.

#106 Narton   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:38 PM

I just renewed my power up rewards pro. How long does the $5 welcome certificate take to show up?

#107 BangBucks  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:10 AM

I'm curious if theyll work on 4 for 10 or 4 for 20. Having to drive to GameStop once a month negates any savings. 90% of my GS shopping was on their site. I'm just not seeing the appeal of the new program.

#108 SevereTireDamage   Broken-$$$$ed CAGiversary!   1964 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

SevereTireDamage

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:30 AM

Can confirm that the coupon worked on a $10 PSN card in store, even though it didn't online.

#109 te619   Coldshadow CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:54 AM

Tried on a $10 League of Legends card today, and it did not work. It worked last month though.

#110 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 06 January 2020 - 09:39 AM

No active offers on my account. Hopefully it shows up.

I always assumed it's for in-store only, it didn't show up on my account online either but I went over to my store and they had no problem seeing that I had that coupon available.

#111 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:51 PM

$5 monthly thing didn’t work on $10 eShop credit but the employee worked the system for me. Will be leaving a nice review. He added a RDR2 strategy guide that was a $0 item to apply the offer.

#112 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:23 AM

I always assumed it's for in-store only, it didn't show up on my account online either but I went over to my store and they had no problem seeing that I had that coupon available.

Don’t have any on the app either. If I have one instore and can use it on $10 ps4 card, then the time has come and so have I. DMC special edition it is

#113 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:25 PM

I assume the coupon should become available in my 'active offers', but I have yet to see anything in the app. I am sure that this is a botched launch since this is Gamestop, but would like to try and use mine before I forget about it and it expires. 

#114 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1521 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:08 PM

They were able to look my $5 cert up in store.

#115 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4297 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:05 PM

They were able to look my $5 cert up in store.

same

#116 valiki7375  

valiki7375

Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:42 PM

For those wondering about the $5 cert..

Download the Gamestop app and sign in.  The $5 cert will be there within active offers...

Also the app still shows if your local stores have new vs used in stock (versus online it only says call store)…

On my Android if I use Chrome it says call store, but using the Gamestop app it shows who has what...so odd... why would I want to talk to a human?..that's why I have the app  :razz:

#117 valiki7375  

valiki7375

Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:22 PM

Also stopped into a store and the employee confirmed the $5 can be used on anything EXCEPT used games...kind of regret re-signing, call me old, but i do appreciate a magazine every now and again

#118 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:28 PM

For those wondering about the $5 cert..

Download the Gamestop app and sign in.  The $5 cert will be there within active offers...

Also the app still shows if your local stores have new vs used in stock (versus online it only says call store)…

On my Android if I use Chrome it says call store, but using the Gamestop app it shows who has what...so odd... why would I want to talk to a human?..that's why I have the app  :razz:

I have yet to see the offer in the app. 

#119 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3376 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:30 PM

Also stopped into a store and the employee confirmed the $5 can be used on anything EXCEPT used games...kind of regret re-signing, call me old, but i do appreciate a magazine every now and again

Same here, my boys and I love the magazine, plan on using the $5 cert on it next month since I dont have enough points for the free coupon which I have done for the past 5 years.

#120 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4297 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:53 PM

I renewed in December and used a $5 coupon on that same transaction that the associate said I could do. I just now bought Plague Tale and used my $5 coupon for January. So I already got back $10 of the $20 renewal. Plus I still like physical mags. In the 90's and early 2000s, I subscribed to about 8 different gaming mags and as each one arrived in the mail, I would spend the next couple hours reading it from front to back.