La Pucelle Tactics $19.82

Everywhere I look, I see reviews saying how bad the graphics are. Maybe when it's $10 I'll buy it. Besides, I don't like these "chessboard" type games.

troy

Seems like every 2D game gets smacked with "BAD GRAPHICS" when it comes down to the reviews if u played any oldschool pre-3d rpg this will be right up your alley, besides since when did graphics rule out actual gameplay, as for 10$ I highly doubt it but you never know, this one will most likely go like Disgaea which sold out at 50 rereleased at 30 soldout again and is currently 60+ on Ebay, you might have noticed Phantom Brave LE is OOS on EB , only the regular left, we all know which will gain value, so as a safety I just buy them on release, I save so much on other games that I can take a hit on these, funny how during its shelf life I must have gone through half a dozen or so copies of Suikoden 2 and VP's wish I had kept them all.

I wanted to hold out for > $20 shipped...but it is new..

I ordered it. Now I have only to get my hands on Phantom Brave super cheap and I will have finished collecting these strategy/RPGs before they possibly get expensive. :D

I too am scared of them getting rare. There's a reason I've never played Panzer Dragoon Saga, Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden, etc...now I buy them when they approach $20 just to be safe.

[quote name='electrictroy'] Besides, I don't like these "chessboard" type games.[/QUOTE]
Then you should really pass on La Pucelle. And most Nippon Ichi games, for that matter. I sorta like the genre, and the games got repetitive even to me.

Edit - and i agree that the graphics in these games are really, really good for what they are.

And, about the guide, check this out:
http://www.doublejumpbooks.com/yabbse/index.php?board=21;action=display;threadid=2104

Should I buy La Pucelle Tactics for $10? (shipping not included) I have a $10 off coupon at EBgames.com

This game looks interesting. I just ordered Phantom Brave last week and I hope it's fun. I mean it looks like a great game and I like turn-based strategy games.

Or should I get a different game? I haven't played many RPG's and Turn-Based Strategy games by the way.

Thanks!

[quote name='Epic Wolf']Seems like every 2D game gets smacked with "BAD GRAPHICS" when it comes down to the reviews [/QUOTE]

The reviews said, "the graphics don't move". That would be considered "bad" even in the NES days.

Also the reviews I read made a point of saying Disgaea's 2D graphics were beautiful..... so the reviewer wasn't anti-2D..... just anti-bad graphics.

troy

[quote name='purevim']Pretty sure i saw this at Kohl's for < $13.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was $20 at the Kohl's I went to recently (stickered $24.99 but a sign said all $24.99 games were $19.99).

you can get this used after coupons for like 13.49 at ebgames when they have them in stock. I got one few weeks back and it was brand new (just wrapper removed) it had the white price tag on it and someone just stuck a yellow sticker over it to show used (no price on sticker)

now i got one to play and one sealed (paid 20 for the sealed one)

bread's done
Back