- - - - -

Walmart Black Friday 2019 Ad Deals

#31 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:30 AM

Gonna go out on a limb here...
that "leaked" console page from that "other" Wal-Mart BF ad was...not accurate.

Too bad, wanted to buy 100 Lites & 200 regular Switches.

Flippers gotta flip

#32 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3083 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:38 AM

It's clear retailers understand that those who want physical/retail copies will pay a premium for them.

The days of $10 or less physical copies is over.

Next year, we'll probably see that premium bleed over into movie/TV on disc, too.

#33 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:51 AM

... have you looked at the Best Buy ad?

#34 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:01 AM

These deals aren't worth trampling elderly people for...

#35 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:19 AM

I can't view the deals... the link just takes me to the weekly ad for my location.  Even when I push black friday preview ad at the top of the page

#36 sonicguile  

sonicguile

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:42 AM

Most of the games are on sale at BB for 5 dollar less. Walmart thinks they are top dog charging more. BB and Target can take my $$ this year.

#37 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3800 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:01 AM

Maybe Cyber Monday will be better but looks like Walmart isn't of interest atm.

#38 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2104 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:23 AM

eh prices. For switch games, I stick with Offerup. Got Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Witcher 3 for $100 total from there. Sloppy seconds FTW.

#39 Chuck Stank   People are fucking stupid. CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:13 AM

Nothing like a full price Switch on BF, huh, Wal-shart? I'm not even going. I'm not even mad, but I'm not even going.

The Switch is full price everywhere. This has nothing to do with Walmart.

#40 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1841 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:24 AM

Lmao, RDR is $9 now vs $15 in 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#41 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:28 AM

This is sad. The best thing I see in the entire ad is the $12 Wrangler's.

Now we know why they waited so long to release this ad.

Those used to be $9 each year.

I don’t know why everyone is so surprised. Walmart’s BF prices have been beaten by competitors regularly in recent years.

#42 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1649 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:48 AM

No switch lite, nnk is still $10 too much, Mario kart isn't even down to $30, no outer worlds even a small discount...

Lmao this black Friday so far has been real easy for me to pass on.

#43 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:52 AM

So many bf prices that match prices I've seen throughout the year. RE2 was $20 about a month ago.

#44 Hextech Raven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Hextech Raven

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:09 PM

Yikes, that really is disappointing on the games side. I always enjoyed going through the $8-$12 lineups they've had the last few years to pick up random games I missed out on. RIP those dreams I guess. $15 lineup is pretty weak considering a lot of those games have just straight up been cheaper before in other places.

Part of the problem with the $8-12 games is that they don't sell. I'm an hourly supervisor at a high volume Walmart and we would always have stacks of the really cheap games left after each black Friday. Most of the customers came in to grab things like CoD, the newest sports games, or controllers and subscriptions that were on sale and that was pretty much it. The cheap movies are also a big problem afterwards as well.

It sucks for me because I liked going through them too, especially because our discount usually works on BF prices. I'd always get off work that night and grab my own giant stack of games on my way out lol.

#45 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8035 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:18 PM

Most of the games are on sale at BB for 5 dollar less. Walmart thinks they are top dog charging more. BB and Target can take my $$ this year.

Buying the same games at Target will also get you cash back with Target Circle.  1% back if you have regular Circle, and 5% if you have their stupid credit or debit cards.  It ain't much, but it's better than nothing.

#46 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:20 PM

Part of the problem with the $8-12 games is that they don't sell. I'm an hourly supervisor at a high volume Walmart and we would always have stacks of the really cheap games left after each black Friday. Most of the customers came in to grab things like CoD, the newest sports games, or controllers and subscriptions that were on sale and that was pretty much it. The cheap movies are also a big problem afterwards as well.

It sucks for me because I liked going through them too, especially because our discount usually works on BF prices. I'd always get off work that night and grab my own giant stack of games on my way out lol.

Yeah, I usually see a couple of pallets of cheap monies left over. What do y’all do with those after the weekend is over?

#47 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8035 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:23 PM

The Switch is full price everywhere. This has nothing to do with Walmart.

Once it was revealed that the Switch holiday bundle was an attempt to unload the old model Switches with the worse battery life, it made waiting for Black Friday pointless for me.  I bought my new model Switch on Monday, and I have been enjoying the hell out of it.

Forget money.  Time is the one commodity that can never be replenished.  So waiting until Black Friday to buy something that I knew that I had already planned to buy that I knew wasn't going to be discounted was pointless.  

#48 Jnova80   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

The prices are pretty similar to Target this year. I guess it can be used as some sort of back up in case Target sells out of something you want... or something...

#49 Hextech Raven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Hextech Raven

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, I usually see a couple of pallets of cheap monies left over. What do y’all do with those after the weekend is over?

I'm not entirely sure because (thankfully) I've never had to deal with it. I believe we just put the regular SKU's in the back stock or dump bins to be sold like normal, and if they're BF or not traited for our store they get sent back for credit.

#50 y2kbug77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

y2kbug77

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:17 PM

Marvel 4k Blurays for $8 is pretty sweet, same with $15 vinyls. The games though? Super not worth the wait.

#51 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:50 PM

Tempted to snag a Final Fight cabinet for $150. The fact that I will have to go into a Wal-Mart on Black Friday to 'maybe' get one though.....

#52 Redd214  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:00 PM

Ive gone to Walmart the last 3 or 4 Black Fridays and haven't had any issues. Granted I dont go when they initially open, I tend to mosey in around 4 to 5 am still buzzed from Thanksgiving and its never as bad as folks make it out to be. Last year we spent like an hour in there since there were so few shoppers at the time we went, was a relaxing trip!

#53 Cangriman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:09 PM

If it wasn't because I have Target gift cards I would have like every year go Thursday morning and grab the games and movies that I want. Well that is for games, but as soon as ppl start posting that the price are live I will go and grab my 4k movies and go.

#54 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:14 PM

Are all the 4k and bluray movies typed up anywhere?

#55 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1771 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:15 PM

I guess GameStop is the last one to drop their ad. It's usually pretty close to their last pro day ad if I recall last year correctly.

#56 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   648 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

Holy smokes look at the prices on those 4K movies, though!

Is there a Black Friday movie price spreadsheet like there is for Black Friday video game prices?

#57 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11749 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:20 PM

The 4k deals are insane.
Everything else is weak sauce.

Might be the weakest ad I've seen in almost 20 years

#58 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3373 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:05 PM

This isn't the best gaming stuff for walmart, but some solid deals anyway.

$249 ipad (7th gen)

$129 Apple Watch (GPS 3 series)

$129 Apple air pods

$15 Onn True Wireless In-Ear Headphones (cheap air pods, no cable connecting them)

$48 Roku Ultra

$18 Roku SE

$99 Netgear nighthawk AX3000 Router (decent price, I've seen it recommended often)

$99 40" Onn Roku Smart TV (fine as a secondary tv)

$150 NightOwl 4 Camera Security System (not a blowout, but good if you need one)

$99 Kodac PixPro Long Zoom Digital Camera (seems like a step up from phones and other cameras, though not pro level)

$2 Onn Lightning or USBC charging cables

Movies... I'm looking at:

$6 Spider-man into the spider verse (BR)

$10 TV seasons (probably get any flash seasons I don't have for my youngest son)

$? John Wick 3 BR (4k version is $8, will search for BR version and hope it's $6 like Spiderman)

Same for Xmen Dark Phoenix, Avengers End Game, and Spider-man Far From Home.

Game wise, the $30 deals for Mario Odyssey, Zelda, and Ni No Kuni for the Switch are pretty solid.  Same for $15 Mario Maker, Super Mario 3D Land, and Zelda OOT on 3DS (though not a huge saving, it's decent).   That PS4 bundle for $200 is solid.  $25 for switch versions Diablo 3, FF 12, FF X/X-II, are good deals.  $15 for Assassins Creed 3 on Switch isn't terrible.

There are also a couple decent memory cards from the new release sandisk imagemate line.  $20 otterbox cases.

The $68 Christmas Tree pre-lit with LED's is not bad.  We threw our old tree out last year because too many lights were out and it was a pain to string extra lights up.   I tried replacing bulbs... I'm just done with the hassle.  I may just buy a very short tree and put it on a table or something.  My kids are all teens or older so it's not like they need a big one.

The $10 griddle is good. I bought one last year or the year before.  It's easier using it to make pancakes, bacon and other stuff that fills a regular pan quickly.

The $24 1100 thread count sheets sound like a bad deal, but these are pretty exceptional.  I bought a set last year... will buy a second set this year.  Well worth it at that price for some premium sheets.

$1.60 Towels are also decent... especially for the kids.

$12 Wrangler Jeans isn't the best deal (they are usually $9 or $10... but still beats their usual $18 price).  I have plenty of jeans but I'd buy these if I needed them or knew I'd want a pair before next BF.

$15 Pilot Dash Cam is decent and includes an 8gb memory card.

$32 Shop Vac, $69 Electric Pressure Washer, $99 Straight Talk iPhone 6S, $15 Records.... honestly there's plenty to hit the store for IMO.  But I'm an older dude with a wife and kids so I'm thinking about more than games... though I'm still thinking about games.

#59 Meko  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

Blu ray and 4k movies are at great prices.

im excited for that

#60 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   743 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

Yeah I believe that though it's generally not the case where I live (walmart is the only large name retailer in the county.) Usually the only thing left over the next day here has been the blurays. Walking in the day after when it's just scraps is just people digging through blurays trying to find any dvds left lol.