- - - - -

Walmart Black Friday 2019 Ad Deals

#61 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

Some solid games on there but nothing I just gotta have.

#62 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:23 PM

This is the worst showing I’ve seen from Walmart in the past few years. Can’t believe that Control isn’t even on the list.

I’m still hoping for those last minute deals to show up though.

#63 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

The 4k deals are insane.
Everything else is weak sauce.
Might be the weakest ad I've seen in almost 20 years

First
World
Problems :beer:

No reason for sales when economy booming :beer:

#64 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3236 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:45 PM

Outside of the pricing errors last year, Walmart is usually not the go to place on BF for games.  Not sure why people thought this was going to be the gaming mecca ad to end all ads.  But they do have solid deals on a lot of other stuff and even some of the games are decent deals even if you own them.  The Arcade 1-up prices are solid as well.  The other game deals are pretty reasonable.  The main gripe is if you own everything already or were hoping for random $5 shovelware games or something else that hasn't happened in a long time.

GS last year was where I did the best on games.  I did get Skyrim and maybe one other game at Walmart... but GS had more blow out prices like that $10 LA Noir on Switch, $10 Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition, and a few other games.

My big hope for games is Amazon steps up and price matches all the stores so I don't even need to look for games when out and can focus on the stacks of movies and other stuff.

#65 SueMana  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:48 PM

So what is the consensus of hp laptop 15-dk0068wm any good or not worth it?

#66 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10004 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:02 PM

I was hoping that $149 PS4 in that earlier ad was going happen since it didn't seem that unreasonable for the console to be that price with PS5 being released next year. And to make it worse this year, the PS4 bundles include downloads instead of physical games so you can't trade them in (or have to take a risk selling the download code online and hope you don't get scammed)

#67 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6835 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

I was hoping that $149 PS4 in that earlier ad was going happen since it didn't seem that unreasonable for the console to be that price with PS5 being released next year. And to make it worse this year, the PS4 bundles include downloads instead of physical games so you can't trade them in (or have to take a risk selling the download code online and hope you don't get scammed)

Think they decided on a game bundle only instead of one or the other. Still, with the three games it is about a $50 value so it somewhat works out.

Last of Us Remastered is on disc though.

#68 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:24 PM

Target & Best Buy most likely.

Although, $349 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade would be nice if it were $200 less.

#69 Ando   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

I generally love shopping at WM for BF because y can actually get all the game deals and most of the movie deals early if they have the items in stock on the shelves. But these game deals, meh. Where is Control? 😭

#70 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6835 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

Red Dead Game of the Year is $9 on Walmart.com right now for anyone that wants it. As already stated, it's normally around this price in store anyways. 

https://www.walmart....490071/17491140

#71 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14869 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:43 PM

Marvel 4k Blurays for $8 is pretty sweet, same with $15 vinyls. The games though? Super not worth the wait.

I think most Marvel movies shit the bed now that they're all on D+ for $7 a month, which is nice for anyone that wants physical but I'm probably gonna stop buying them at this point.

#72 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14869 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:46 PM

Although, $349 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade would be nice if it were $200 less.

Ugh, I might bite just because I got to try it in-store the other day. At first I wasn't really feeling any nostalgia or instant cool-factor. . .but we couldn't stop playing for a bit lol. Just something about mindless fun and smashing buttons that really sucks ya in.

#73 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6835 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:47 PM

I think most Marvel movies shit the bed now that they're all on D+ for $7 a month, which is nice for anyone that wants physical but I'm probably gonna stop buying them at this point.

Well, some have also been on Netflix for years, hell Netflix just added Ant Man and the Wasp a few days ago. 

https://www.netflix....search?q=Marvel

I don't think it has anything to do with Disney+ considering the items in the ad are already determined weeks beforehand.

#74 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14869 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:51 PM

Well, some have also been on Netflix for years, hell Netflix just added Ant Man and the Wasp a few days ago. 

https://www.netflix....search?q=Marvel

I don't think it has anything to do with Disney+ considering the items in the ad are already determined weeks beforehand.

Right, but now that they're all on one platform and 10 million subs strong overnight; pricing should come way down for the gouging that was going on.

#75 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

It's not like Disney+ came outta nowhere... that's been in the planning for a lot longer than these ads.  Hell, most people signed up for three years back in August.  They had to know which movies they were going to be hosting, and therefore which titles would see their physical sales drop off.

#76 investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2107 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

investor9872

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

If there was an LG C9 OLED on sale at a good price I'd like to know where and possibly get one. My Panasonic Plasma cooks my room and is starting to show its age with color abnormalities in the whites and weird red speckling present on game screens.

I love my Panasonic Plasma during the winter only.

#77 y2kbug77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

y2kbug77

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:04 PM

Yeah I'm definitely one of those people. I've spent a bunch of money on my home theater setup and those physical 4Ks look reeeeal nice.

#78 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6835 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:04 PM

It's not like Disney+ came outta nowhere... that's been in the planning for a lot longer than these ads.  Hell, most people signed up for three years back in August.  They had to know which movies they were going to be hosting, and therefore which titles would see their physical sales drop off.

Which would make sense if all the movies in Walmart's ad for 4K movies were only marvel movies. How do you explain IT Chapter 2, Venom, Life of Pets 2, etc. 

It's a one day sale that Walmart is known for doing. It's not like people aren't going to buy those 4K movies just because of Disney+. They aren't clearing house, they are doing what they always do which is offer select items for sale and expect people to buy other items of a higher price to compensate for the discount. This isn't new.

#79 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2619 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:03 PM

$30 Splatoon 2 is the best I've seen.

#80 kanekiken  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:42 PM

As a new Switch owner, does anyone recommend Super Mario Party for $30? I'd only be playing it for the local co-op with 2 of my siblings. Still not sure if I should grab it or if it gets boring after a while. Also not sure about the variety of games and how that would work for 3 people.

Does anyone have it that can provide their input?

#81 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2415 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:02 PM

As a new Switch owner, does anyone recommend Super Mario Party for $30? I'd only be playing it for the local co-op with 2 of my siblings. Still not sure if I should grab it or if it gets boring after a while. Also not sure about the variety of games and how that would work for 3 people.

The Party games had been getting worse. The last few were lacking but this game is a decent but not spectacular step up. Who you play the game with probably accounts for most of the fun anyway.

#82 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:23 PM

Which would make sense if all the movies in Walmart's ad for 4K movies were only marvel movies. How do you explain IT Chapter 2, Venom, Life of Pets 2, etc.

It's a one day sale that Walmart is known for doing. It's not like people aren't going to buy those 4K movies just because of Disney+. They aren't clearing house, they are doing what they always do which is offer select items for sale and expect people to buy other items of a higher price to compensate for the discount. This isn't new.

It Chapter 2, huh? Impressive since it’s still in some theaters. 😂

#83 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14869 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:44 PM

I paid I think $45 for it and regret it. For $30 that seems much more palatable because Switch games in general have become. . .more kid-friendly and less appealing to adults IMO. The games are to the point the pretty much play themselves and rely far less on skill and more RNG, which I find particularly disengaging. That said, what I could recommend is Overcooked 2 for $15. It's the price now digitally if you want off the store, physically on BF for the same price if that's your cup of tea. That game is incredibly addicting and challenging; we got far more value out of that one than Mario Party sadly.

#84 kreate  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:39 AM

We can mostly agree Walmart BF sucks. Is GameStop our last hope? Here's hoping GS will save the day. If so, we should finally forgive and accept their road to redemption.

#85 The Stache   I remember when GCU was $120 CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Stache

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:19 AM

For those of you asking for a movie spreadsheet:

https://docs.google....KU6w/edit#gid=0

#86 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:42 AM

Dont know why people expected Walmart to have a good ad. As far back as I can remember they've never had a good BF ad. Not sure why anyone would want them to have a good ad since you basically have to have no dignity to shop there.

#87 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:37 AM

Dont know why people expected Walmart to have a good ad. As far back as I can remember they've never had a good BF ad. Not sure why anyone would want them to have a good ad since you basically have to have no dignity to shop there.

Someone's butthurt. 🤣

#88 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:57 AM

For those of you asking for a movie spreadsheet:

https://docs.google....KU6w/edit#gid=0

Thank you for this.

#89 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

I think Walmarts best thing is they beat digital prices mostly. Every year I point out that if you can find a digital card at Walmart, it rings up the same price as physical.

#90 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:16 AM

I am eager to see what the games that aren't mentioned in the ad will be >:)