- - - - -

$99.88 Pokemon Sword and Shield Double Pack on Amazon

#1 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6571 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:03 PM

https://www.amazon.c...PDKIKX0DER&th=1

I just called BestBuy to price match my order. Doing the same with Target.

EDIT: Successfully PM'ed Target for the steelbook. Calling worked, was denied via chat.

#2 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2864 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:06 PM

Note that you do NOT get the $10 code at amazon now, had to preorder before the 14th (matching Bestbuys $10 bonus) and you no longer get the skin for the backpack.. also had to preorder before the 14th.

Backpack skin is meh, but the $10 bonus is the real bonus.

All PMing walmart from 2+ hours earlier. Just wish they would drop the online price for the single game so amazon could PM my order.. and still keep my $10 bonus.

#3 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:11 PM

I placed an amz preorder on 6/8 just in case there was a price drop like this.  Has not shipped yet.  But the preorder did automatically adjust to $99.

I haven't heard about the $10 bonus, will this apply?  TIA

#4 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11369 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:21 PM

Ugh I paid full price for this on there....the pre-order guarantee better apply to this.

Not sure if I should order a second one and return it as the first to be safe. I'm worried since mine as already shipped

#5 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12899 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:37 PM

https://www.amazon.c...PDKIKX0DER&th=1

I just called BestBuy to price match my order. Doing the same with Target.

I'm assuming you don't have GCU at Best Buy since the GCU price was actually cheaper at $95.99 and they don't manually price match and add the GCU discount on top of that.

#6 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6571 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:50 PM

I'm assuming you don't have GCU at Best Buy since the GCU price was actually cheaper at $95.99 and they don't manually price match and add the GCU discount on top of that.

I don't.

#7 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12899 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:52 PM

I don't.

Pretty nice to get the steelbook at Target for $100 bucks though, after price match.

#8 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2864 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

I placed an amz preorder on 6/8 just in case there was a price drop like this. Has not shipped yet. But the preorder did automatically adjust to $99.

I haven't heard about the $10 bonus, will this apply? TIA

It’s removed from amazons page now.. had to search and find a cached page to get the screenshot.
It should be automatically placed in your account. Getting Target to PM is probably the best deal for someone who didn’t get the $10 bonus from bestbuy/amazon now.
Spoiler

#9 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   817 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:54 PM

So I hate dealing CS, but my representative really outdid himself. He price matched Amazon's price (even though I had the steelbook dual pack). That's $20 back to my card. Then he sent me an additional $10 gift card. Waiting 2 weeks blows but I think this is more than fair.

#10 mossfan563   CAG 'til I die! CAGiversary!   1301 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:57 PM

So I'm guessing calling Target CS is the best way rather than chat to get this price on the steelbook?

#11 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2288 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:58 PM

So the Steelbook Edition from Target is out of stock

#12 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   817 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

So I'm guessing calling Target CS is the best way rather than chat to get this price on the steelbook?

My price match was through chat.

#13 mossfan563   CAG 'til I die! CAGiversary!   1301 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:44 PM

My price match was through chat.

So just tried chat and got denied. But I told them about the shipping delay and they gave me 5% back. Better than nothing I suppose.

#14 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:59 PM

It’s GONE!

#15 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   668 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:27 PM

Thanks everybody for the heads up was able to place an order before it sold out. Gonna cancel my GS preorder now.

#16 CyborgNinja  

CyborgNinja

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:16 AM

Can anyone give me a non-snarky response as to why you would want/need both versions (for reference, Let’s Go Frikachu was my first Pokémon game and I was able to trade for what I didn’t have, so I felt like I wasn’t missing much)? I preordered the double pack, Sword alone, and Shield alone with GCU, plus you get a $10 reward certificate for each version (but only one if you get the double pack). I don’t necessarily care about the collectors coins in the double pack so getting both separately with a $10 cert each or just getting one and buying the other on super deep discount years down the line seems like the way to go? Or am I missing something?

#17 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2159 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:55 AM

Can anyone give me a non-snarky response as to why you would want/need both versions (for reference, Let’s Go Frikachu was my first Pokémon game and I was able to trade for what I didn’t have, so I felt like I wasn’t missing much)? I preordered the double pack, Sword alone, and Shield alone with GCU, plus you get a $10 reward certificate for each version (but only one if you get the double pack). I don’t necessarily care about the collectors coins in the double pack so getting both separately with a $10 cert each or just getting one and buying the other on super deep discount years down the line seems like the way to go? Or am I missing something?

It's a good deal if you have kids and want two copies so you can play along.